MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Study Spots on Campus..... shay2014 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-13-2010 05:08 PM
Chemical Biology and The 30 Spots goodnews.inc Academics 10 03-11-2010 04:43 PM
meal plan/student card and campus food spots Kailoli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 09-03-2009 09:12 PM
Study Spots / Hidden places on campus hmmmcurious General Discussion 32 12-14-2008 09:45 PM

Date spots around Mac

Old 02-11-2010 at 10:52 AM   #46
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

When you live in Bowmanville, NOWHERE would take you 3 dollars worth of gas.
And they charge 3.50? Yea right. Plus a tip? Yea right.

Edit: Actually, it's none of the delivery's guy's goddamn business why someone refuses to tip.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 02-11-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-11-2010 at 11:01 AM   #47
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Yah reeves, how dare he call you out for being a douche bag and never tipping. Good thing you came back at him with your amazing wit "now you're never gonna get a tip" - perfect response. And then the old "get the **** out of my building" line. Perfect, normal response.

I think the part I like best is when you were vindictive and spiteful enough to try and mess up this man's job by calling and complaining! I mean, my first thought when someone points out my shitty selfishness is shitty is never - how am I gonna hurt this person? - But Reeves, you are the best.
Old 02-11-2010 at 11:21 AM   #48
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Pizza delivery tips piss me off. I used to tip a couple bucks, before the companies started charging 3 bucks for it. I actually had a delivery guy back home that bitched about me not tipping. After a few times delivering and not getting one, he stops in the hall, turns around and says "How come you don't tip? Thats 3 times I've come here and you don't tip". I responded with "And now, you're never going to get one, plus your company is getting a call about you being a dick. You got a problem with this, take it up with your company who decided to start charging 3.50 for delivery. GTFO my building". I did call the company about it, and got my pizza, wings, and pop for free. Im sure they didn't like that. He never delivered to my apartment again, and I tipped other drivers from the same place that came, just to make sure they told him they got tipped in the event he still worked there.

I still tip for free delivery service though, though those places are rare nowadays.
I don't understand why you were such a dick to that one guy? You sound like a terrible human being, was he of a certain race that didn't appeal to you?
Old 02-11-2010 at 11:48 AM   #49
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

0_o...its completely unprofessional and rude of someone to ask why they're not receiving a tip. A tip is essentially a gift. No one is required to give one. So I think reeves was perfectly right in calling the company on the guy.
Old 02-11-2010 at 12:30 PM   #50
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
0_o...its completely unprofessional and rude of someone to ask why they're not receiving a tip. A tip is essentially a gift. No one is required to give one. So I think reeves was perfectly right in calling the company on the guy.
I could see why someone might think it's unprofessional to ask why he doesn't tip. Keep in mind that people who usually get tips, get them because they are paid less than minimum wage, so it's not like you're doing them a favour by tipping them - that's part of their pay. But even if it was unprofessional, I think that was a serious overreaction.
Old 02-11-2010 at 02:09 PM   #51
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

When 95% of society is okay with giving tips to delivery drivers, you can rest assured you are in the wrong for being in the 5% who are too arrogant and cheap to tip. Have some dignity.
Old 02-11-2010 at 03:06 PM   #52
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
When 95% of society is okay with giving tips to delivery drivers, you can rest assured you are in the wrong for being in the 5% who are too arrogant and cheap to tip. Have some dignity.
just b/c someone has different views, it doesnt mean they are wrong. It is like saying the minority in every case are always wrong
Old 02-11-2010 at 05:36 PM   #53
Kathy2
Elite Member

Quote:
Servers currently make $1.15 less per hour than the general minimum wage. If you're a waiter and cant make an average of 1.15 an hour in tips, you may want rethink your job choice. Hell, I got regular tips of anywhere from $10 to $100 when I was a mover, which society doesn't even deem tip worthy, and I don't even like talking to people. But I got real good at faking it. If I can do it well enough to pull in tips in that job, waiters can do it too.
I'm confused, because this post contradicts your other one. Basically, you're saying if you have a job that makes tips, you can easily make them no matter what. But then you didn't tip the pizza guy because the company started charging delivery. ..?
Old 02-11-2010 at 06:18 PM   #54
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I'm confused, because this post contradicts your other one. Basically, you're saying if you have a job that makes tips, you can easily make them no matter what. But then you didn't tip the pizza guy because the company started charging delivery. ..?
You mean the delivery guy that makes general minimum wage? He already makes that $1.15 more an hour than servers. There's no "basically". What I said was "If you're a waiter and cant make an average of 1.15 an hour in tips, you may want rethink your job choice". Since the delivery guy is not a waiter, this doesn't include him.

...And when I did a great job for someone and didn't get a tip, I didn't go confront them about it, because A) it's a bonus that people give you when they feel you've done an exceptional job (hence the title "gratuity"), but I made enough to live without it, and B) its just plain rude to ask for a tip. I never expected one.
Old 02-11-2010 at 07:55 PM   #55
Kathy2
Elite Member

Quote:
You mean the delivery guy that makes general minimum wage? He already makes that $1.15 more an hour than servers. There's no "basically". What I said was "If you're a waiter and cant make an average of 1.15 an hour in tips, you may want rethink your job choice". Since the delivery guy is not a waiter, this doesn't include him.

...And when I did a great job for someone and didn't get a tip, I didn't go confront them about it, because A) it's a bonus that people give you when they feel you've done an exceptional job (hence the title "gratuity"), but I made enough to live without it, and B) its just plain rude to ask for a tip. I never expected one.
The point is that not all pizza delivery people are compensated for gas money. He makes minimum wage but he's still losing money.
Old 02-11-2010 at 09:26 PM   #56
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Ya...I think it was a dick move on both parts. The delivery guy should never ask why he didn't get tipped, let alone ask more than once why he didn't get tipped.

Really, it was okay for him to complain to the company if the delivery guy is asking for tips and whatnot, but I wouldn't tip the next delivery guy just to be spiteful...hell, I wouldn't order from the company again
Old 02-11-2010 at 09:35 PM   #57
Bree_21

Liked: 10 Times

you never expected a tip b/c as you said, your job itself does not socially expect tips, so your comparison of the delivery guy vs. you isn't exactly straight forward
Old 02-11-2010 at 10:04 PM   #58
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
The point is that not all pizza delivery people are compensated for gas money. He makes minimum wage but he's still losing money.
I dont know of a single delivery person that is compensated for gas money, though I'm sure some places do that. They know the job when they accept it. So now I'm supposed to pay his gas money, because he couldn't foresee that driving a car around for his job will consume gas?
Old 02-11-2010 at 10:14 PM   #59
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree_21 View Post
you never expected a tip b/c as you said, your job itself does not socially expect tips, so your comparison of the delivery guy vs. you isn't exactly straight forward
I made a comparison to the delivery guy?
Old 02-11-2010 at 11:06 PM   #60
Kathy2
Elite Member

Quote:
I dont know of a single delivery person that is compensated for gas money, though I'm sure some places do that. They know the job when they accept it. So now I'm supposed to pay his gas money, because he couldn't foresee that driving a car around for his job will consume gas?
But it's the same thing as waiters. They take the job knowing they will be paid less than minimum wage, because it's supposed to be made up in tips.
Pizza delivery people take the job knowing they won't be paid for gas, because it's supposed to be made up in tips.

I'm not trying to say that you should or shouldn't tip. Personally, I do. And I overtip like crazy so I'm sure I make up for those who don't tip. But I think your reaction was a little much. You could have said "I don't tip because the company charges for devliery" or "I just don't want to". I don't think calling, complaining, and purposely tipping every other delivery guy (after saying that you didn't want to tip any delivery guy due to the charge) just to get back at him is unnecessary. It's kind of pointless too - it's not like that guy knows you tipped everyone else, so you kind of just wasted your money.

Last edited by Kathy2 : 02-11-2010 at 11:27 PM.