MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting Data zeChinaman General Discussion 14 04-12-2010 04:22 PM
Some rather Interesting websites! :0 huzaifa47 General Discussion 4 08-26-2009 09:21 PM
McMaster Fun Facts Victor K General Discussion 42 07-08-2009 11:52 PM
Interesting Videos.... lorend General Discussion 7 03-15-2009 03:57 PM
Interesting video... 'hugs' Chad Computers & Tech 4 10-16-2006 03:18 PM

Did You Know? Interesting Facts!

Old 08-29-2009 at 02:29 AM   #151
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I guess the World Health Organization, with over 8000 "public health experts including doctors, epidemiologists, scientists, managers, and administrators" in "6 regional offices located around the world and 147 individual country offices"(http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/564948_5) are influenced by tobacco companies against shisha and collectively know less than a single 19 year old about to start university. I should have known. Those silly doctors and scientists with all their stats and studies. They would know so much more if they were teens that smoked a lil sheesh. I'm done.
Based on your reasoning I guess the Government of the United States of America with military expenditures more than that of the rest of the world combined, with one of the largest and most sophisticated intelligence agencies, with top of the line technology, with allies in many other countries and information sharing with many other intelligence agencies from Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Israel (to name a few), with top military strategists and scientists...ADAMANTL Y THOUGHT THAT IRAQ HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, WHICH AS THE WORLD LATER LEARNED DID NOT EXIST.

Don't even get me started on the League of Nations with all of the member states which failed to stop anything including WWII.

What about Germany during WWII? The strongest country in the world at the time. With the smartest scientists in the world. Were they right in killing all those people in concentration camps? I didn't think so.

How about the FDA and other regulatory agencies. What about when they recall so many products they approved because they killed so many people. What about their scientists. Were they right?

Nothing is that clear cut. Plus look at the real evidence. Show me statistics of sheesha deaths. You probably can't even come up with one. Show me the statistics of people that died from cigarette smoking related deaths. Plenty of those. I'm done.

Old 08-29-2009 at 02:34 AM   #152
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Fair enough, I can agree with that. I suppose it is true that a chain smoker does not really equate to a casual sheesha user :p. Hopefully this argument is now over and we can get back to interesting facts !
Interesting fact: I would like to move on. lol.

Anyways I want to move on, though it appears some people have intense views or do not wish to lose their arguments. I don't either, but I'm sure I've reached a fair finding in my other post. People will still have their opinions about it.

Ok here's a real one:

Interesting fact: Dogs have four toes on their hind feet, and five on their front feet.

Old 08-29-2009 at 03:16 AM   #153
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
Interesting fact: Dogs have four toes on their hind feet, and five on their front feet.
Aww man, someone at work sent an email full of fun little useless facts like this at work. Of course now, I can't remember a single one. Hopefully I still have the email and can post 'em tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2009 at 04:01 AM   #154
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Woah, that was some intense arguing =/! I like the suggestion of going back to interesting facts, yay

Here are mine
If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When the human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.

Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die. (I'm still not too sure about that one, despite the many times I heard it)

The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
Old 08-29-2009 at 04:08 AM   #155
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Woah, that was some intense arguing =/! I like the suggestion of going back to interesting facts, yay

Here are mine
If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When the human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.

Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die. (I'm still not too sure about that one, despite the many times I heard it)

The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
Hmmm for the first one isn't it that if you get thirsty you know your way too dehydrated because the body is actually dehydrated before you start feeling thirsty. I imagine if your thirsty and you stop feeling thirsty without actually drinking anything, you are pretty much about to die lol.

As for the sneezing one I could see how that could happen. We all know that sneezing is a powerful force right. So maybe the "recoil" (for those that have played FPS games haha) of the sneeze into the brain has something to do with it?

And the last one is interesting for sure. I like dimples they are cute, sometimes haha.

Old 08-29-2009 at 04:15 AM   #156
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Haha I get the first one, since I practice it everyday. But I never thought of it that way

Haha, it's so sad, for the cells I mean And it's kinda like you lose IQ points everytime you sneeze. You know, I may never sneeze again after coming acrcss that

Dimples ARE cute.. most of the time

PS_ you should be asleep >.<.. People will think we're crazy when they see this in a few hours, haha
Old 08-29-2009 at 04:23 AM   #157
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Haha well you don't "practice" it, its just a part of the "process" hehe

and don't be sad for the cells, there's plenty more. And a few cells won't affect your IQ...well its not like you have much IQ to affect. LOL I'm joking don't get mad hehe.

P.S. I will be going to sleep in about 10 mins...and no Sara, people already think you're crazy

Old 08-29-2009 at 04:46 AM   #158
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
Haha well you don't "practice" it, its just a part of the "process" hehe

and don't be sad for the cells, there's plenty more. And a few cells won't affect your IQ...well its not like you have much IQ to affect. LOL I'm joking don't get mad hehe.

P.S. I will be going to sleep in about 10 mins...and no Sara, people already think you're crazy
Haha, true. But it did take practice for me to stand where I am today, no?

Heyyyyy =F. So not cool :(. Maybe my IQ is so high that those few cells are essential in keeping it that high

P.S. -Haha, 'crazy'is the new black, so it's actually a compliment Lol! And oh my, it's 6 AM =O, I blame you! Only because I can't blame MacInsiders<3 haha
Old 08-29-2009 at 08:20 AM   #159
reeves
Jedi IRL

There are 1 million ants for every person in the world.

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

Carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been struck by lighting.

22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong bank accounts in the next hour.
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:09 PM   #160
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
There are 1 million ants for every person in the world.

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

Carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been struck by lighting.

22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong bank accounts in the next hour.
Awesome ! Wow, that many ants =O. I like the turtles one haha
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:13 PM   #161
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Awesome ! Wow, that many ants =O. I like the turtles one haha
I was more fascinated by the Cheques one. that means that in 4 days, more than the equivalent of my city would have cheques deducted from the wrong account.
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:17 PM   #162
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I was more fascinated by the Cheques one. that means that in 4 days, more than the equivalent of my city would have cheques deducted from the wrong account.
Oh my, you're right- I didn't read the hour part. That's a ridiculous number of errors on behalf of the banks.
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:22 PM   #163
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Oh my, you're right- I didn't read the hour part. That's a ridiculous number of errors on behalf of the banks.
Haha I missed the hour part too. thought it was days. Man i'm tired 4 hours for more than my city....holy crap!

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:36 PM   #164
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Haha I missed the hour part too. thought it was days. Man i'm tired 4 hours for more than my city....holy crap!
Hahaha, that's beyond crazy! But now it's even more interesting

PS- Sleep works like a charm
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:42 PM   #165
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Hahaha, that's beyond crazy! But now it's even more interesting

PS- Sleep works like a charm
I get no sleep til after 10 tonight. By then I will have worked 23 of the previous 30 hours.