MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting Data zeChinaman General Discussion 14 04-12-2010 04:22 PM
Some rather Interesting websites! :0 huzaifa47 General Discussion 4 08-26-2009 09:21 PM
McMaster Fun Facts Victor K General Discussion 42 07-08-2009 11:52 PM
Interesting Videos.... lorend General Discussion 7 03-15-2009 03:57 PM
Interesting video... 'hugs' Chad Computers & Tech 4 10-16-2006 03:18 PM

Did You Know? Interesting Facts!

Old 08-28-2009 at 12:42 AM   #106
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaif View Post
Neepa, you are now my friend forever! ahaha thanks a lot

Hahaha ok check this out and tell me what you guys think when you've seen it all:

Old 08-28-2009 at 12:50 AM   #107
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I dropped my jaw reading some of the facts until I saw the end of the video. Now I'm disappointed because some of the facts were really cool. Obama being able to detonate a nuclear bomb with his cell phone was kinda scary though...
Old 08-28-2009 at 12:55 AM   #108
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaif View Post
I dropped my jaw reading some of the facts until I saw the end of the video. Now I'm disappointed because some of the facts were really cool. Obama being able to detonate a nuclear bomb with his cell phone was kinda scary though...
I know I did too haha they were really interesting. But the "fact" that all couples in the U.S. that were married by the age of 30 were gonna be gay/lesbian by 2020 gave it away haha.

P.S. interesting fact: most of the video is fake (I didn't want to ruin it for the people who were gonna see it but since we are already talking about it haha)

Old 08-28-2009 at 12:55 AM   #109
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

Glad we're friends now and that video seemed so much more gloomy than the original. The Obama cell phone nuclear bomb thing scared me too and that first fact about China and university degrees shocked me. What about all of the people living in poverty in China? Sooo glad all of those are not 100% accurate.

Old 08-28-2009 at 12:56 AM   #110
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

They are saying that in the United States 100% of marriages before the age of 30 by 2020 will be gay marriages... I find that hard to believe.

Lol, then I saw it got by the end. Also, extrapolation is great and everything but I don't believe in the half the size twice the capacity rule.
Old 08-28-2009 at 03:39 AM   #111
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
They are saying that in the United States 100% of marriages before the age of 30 by 2020 will be gay marriages... I find that hard to believe.

Lol, then I saw it got by the end. Also, extrapolation is great and everything but I don't believe in the half the size twice the capacity rule.
Ya like I said that's what kind of gave it away for me, though I was still very interested in everything else it was saying haha. Btw what are you referring to in the 2nd part of your statement

Old 08-28-2009 at 03:41 AM   #112
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
Exactly.

(2nd video is the official trailer, the 1st is the funny one)

Btw interesting fact: this is hilarious! haha

*EDIT: its funnier if you actually watch the official trailer first and see the difference hehe*

BUMP for this I wanna see more reactions haha

Old 08-28-2009 at 04:22 AM   #113
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Interesting Fact: Some animals you find on Wikipedia when searching around randomly are very weird.

For instance, the Portuguese Man-O-War. Not one animal; but actually a colony. Looks like it could be a Pokemon if it really wanted to be:

Old 08-28-2009 at 08:25 AM   #114
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Ya like I said that's what kind of gave it away for me, though I was still very interested in everything else it was saying haha. Btw what are you referring to in the 2nd part of your statement
There's a rule that states after a certain amount of time things get half the sized but double the capacity. It refers mainly to electronics.
Old 08-28-2009 at 09:53 AM   #115
Great Fatsby

Liked: 0 Times

Did You Know? Obama has prepared a bill that will not only outlaw hetero marriage but force every man, woman, and child into a gay marriage against their will. All he has to do is text message the phrase 'GO_GAY' to the president of ACORN and congress will be forced to pass the bill.
Old 08-28-2009 at 12:08 PM   #116
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
There's a rule that states after a certain amount of time things get half the sized but double the capacity. It refers mainly to electronics.
Ya I've heard that rule for electronics, except I didn't really here it will half size each time. I just heard that everything will double in "capacity" or "performance" every 18 months. Its some sort of rule some guy figured out.

Old 08-28-2009 at 12:09 PM   #117
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Fatsby View Post
Did You Know? Obama has prepared a bill that will not only outlaw hetero marriage but force every man, woman, and child into a gay marriage against their will. All he has to do is text message the phrase 'GO_GAY' to the president of ACORN and congress will be forced to pass the bill.
Interesting fact: thats BS

Old 08-28-2009 at 01:05 PM   #118
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Ya I've heard that rule for electronics, except I didn't really here it will half size each time. I just heard that everything will double in "capacity" or "performance" every 18 months. Its some sort of rule some guy figured out.
I think that's Moore's law, and it has been true for a long time. Transistors are approaching maximum smallness though, so to keep this law true, someone is going to have to invent a whole new technology.... or make everything bigger :p.
Old 08-28-2009 at 01:14 PM   #119
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Interesting Fact: Menstruation is spelled wrongly (without the "u") at the end of the spoof.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-28-2009 at 07:27 PM   #120
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I think that's Moore's law, and it has been true for a long time. Transistors are approaching maximum smallness though, so to keep this law true, someone is going to have to invent a whole new technology.... or make everything bigger :p.
Moore's law! That's right . Yeah, I don't think it's possible that the law can be true for a very extended period of time (like 100 years). It just doesn't seem feasible.