I haven't been yet so I don't know 25 27.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1280 adrian Restaurants & Food Reviews 16 09-05-2013 05:26 PM
1280? Qadd General Discussion 31 08-26-2010 09:55 PM
So I went to 1280... SciMania Restaurants & Food Reviews 19 02-12-2010 12:27 AM
1280 joannasmith General Discussion 5 10-03-2009 11:08 AM
What do you want to see from 1280? Nino General Discussion 71 09-22-2009 10:07 AM

Do you like 1280?

Old 10-06-2009 at 05:51 PM   #76
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
the reason it wasnt done before was because the speakers were moved during reno and Avtek hadn't fastened them back before rep kickoff.
For those with critical reading skills, you'll read this and take away that the reno job was rushed! Big time! You should see how many other things were missed, how many corners were cut, patched over, etc
Old 10-06-2009 at 06:04 PM   #77
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

By all means, do tell us.

I've heard a lot of "they missed a lot of things" but not anything specific. The speakers and the bathrooms are pretty much the sole things, but the bathroom thing is just Matt Wright going on and on about things he pretty much had a say in and never said anything about at the proper times.
Old 10-06-2009 at 07:25 PM   #78
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
I should have taken a picture of the back as well, I guess. There was nothing there either.

I can do that for you this week if you like.
I was there today. They are fastened in the back by steel brackets.

Don't mind the photo quality... it was taken on my Blackberry. Also, I have a second photo but MI won't let me upload it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00019-20091006-1234.jpg (416.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Taunton : 10-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2009 at 08:35 PM   #79
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
I just went today for the engineers' academic flush... well... we were put behind a wall. That kind of sucked.

Also, the speakers are still not restrained and could again fall. Negligence.

Also also, the receipts say "Twelve Eighty". Seriously. Identity crisis much? WHAT IS YOUR NAME??? 1280? 128Q? TwelvEighty? Twelve Eighty??!

Good lord.

(see attachment for photos)
Up until about 2 weeks ago, the receipts still said Quarters !!!

I really don't get the 128Q thing though. What the hell is that.
Old 10-06-2009 at 09:16 PM   #80
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I was there today. They are fastened in the back by steel brackets.

Don't mind the photo quality... it was taken on my Blackberry. Also, I have a second photo but MI won't let me upload it.

Well I'm glad 4 enormous speakers will be held in place by that small steel plate...

/s

How about the whole thing toppling? Torque? When you let people dance on the stage, possibility for pushing >9000.
Old 10-06-2009 at 09:37 PM   #81
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
You can always go to www.tinypic.com, upload your photo there (make sure it's small enough so it doesn't overwhelm the boards), then copy the "link for direct layouts," click the little picture button on the commands box up top, then paste your link in there and voila!
Old 10-06-2009 at 11:11 PM   #82
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

went on sat. night, literally 10 people there
Old 10-07-2009 at 01:53 AM   #83
Ian Finlay

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Well I'm glad 4 enormous speakers will be held in place by that small steel plate...

/s

How about the whole thing toppling? Torque? When you let people dance on the stage, possibility for pushing >9000.

He took a picture of ONE of the brackets. Last time I checked there were a number of them on each set of four.

Second thing, if you have a problem with being behind the wall then ask the planners of your event to move it to the pub, they asked for that side so they could have all engineers in one group.

Third, What rushed job? Even the bathroom walls were reinforced. Now I dislike the paint that is in the bathrooms too and find them dark, but if thats the only thing people can point out you need some help.

As for Saturdays, there will be busy nights, and there will be slow nights. Keep an eye out for some upcoming events such as:
  • St. Patricks Day in October
  • Homecoming
  • Halloween
  • Olympic Gold Medal Event with some big names coming by
  • An Animal House Party, wear togas, and anyone with a Whidden shirt gets in free before a certain time(since the movie Animal House was based on Whidden.... sometimes little known fact)
And some more great stuff.
Old 10-07-2009 at 10:48 AM   #84
conster

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallan View Post
went on sat. night, literally 10 people there
So bring some more of your friends.

deadpool likes this.
Old 10-07-2009 at 11:01 AM   #85
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Finlay View Post
  • An Animal House Party, wear togas, and anyone with a Whidden shirt gets in free before a certain time(since the movie Animal House was based on Whidden.... sometimes little known fact)
I'd say it's a questionable fact but still a fun one. Ivan Reitman, the producer of the film, lived in good ol' whidden but write-ups about the film state that other contributors to the film based it off of their experiences at other frats at other universities.. it's questionable but what the hey it probably had some sort of contribution to it. In the 60s, whidden was all guys and was known to have 'whidden riots.'

good times in whidden