MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea? melodicdream First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-13-2009 01:04 PM
Econ 1B03 and ECON 1BB3 lampk Academics 24 06-24-2009 09:26 AM
Econ 1B03 or 1BB3 mmal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-27-2008 12:09 PM

Econ 1B03

Old 06-16-2008 at 05:25 PM   #76
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Econ 1B03
Econ 1B03 is all about Microeconomics, unlike Econ 1BB3 which is about the opposite, Macroeconomics. Check out my review for that here.

In essence, you'll be learning about how the economy affects individual businesses...

Last edited by samantha__ : 06-16-2008 at 05:49 PM.

all say thanks to samantha__ for this post.

like this.
Old 06-30-2010 at 10:44 PM   #75
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times
It was easy for the all the engineers i knew, including myself.
Old 07-26-2010 at 02:35 AM   #76
wienerjc

Liked: 3 Times
- ECON 1B03
Micro is easy for a number of reasons. First, all of the lecture notes and podcasts are online (i.e. you don't really have to go to class). Second, the concepts are relatively easy: it's mostly memorization and some simple math. Third, the two midterms are fairly straight-forward and not cumulative, and the final is also relatively simple; they're all multiple choice. Fourth, there are a few Aplia assignments that, while not based solely on lecture material, can easily get done when working with a friend or two. Fifth, though there are quizzes every week (i.e. the only classes I ever went to), they're really easy if you just read the lecture notes and they take your best "x" out of "y" (I can't remember the exact numbers). Sixth, you have access to all of these quizzes online, as well as some practice tests, which are perfect test preparation. Finally, Dr. Holmes is really personable and really cool (she was in a punk band, is a former medal-winning weight lifter, a football enthusiast, and a Beatles fanatic).
Old 07-26-2010 at 12:42 PM   #77
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMe3 View Post
i dropped econ in grade 11...would you recommend i take it as an elective or would it be boring for me?
I don't know what you reason was for dropping econ in grade 11, but I take it you didn't enjoy it so you would probably find it boring. It's an easy course though that you can do really well in if you just keep up with it. Just depends on if you're willing to put in the effort if you don't find the material particularly interesting.
Old 08-09-2010 at 10:13 PM   #78
BillyShears
Account Locked

Liked: 11 Times
I look forward to studying Econ 1Bird03!
Old 09-08-2010 at 10:32 AM   #79
MIpolice

Liked: 12 Times
i heard this course is so soft and that i don't even have to go to the lectures and still get a 12
Old 09-08-2010 at 10:34 AM   #80
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIpolice View Post
i heard this course is so soft and that i don't even have to go to the lectures and still get a 12
If you understand economics well and can study efficiently then this is somewhat true. But for the others, work still needs to be put in to get a decent grade
Old 09-13-2010 at 08:41 PM   #81
jj_24

Liked: 1 Time
Hi, i was wondering if anyone has the course outline for Econ 1B03, Holmes, for this year. I missed the first day of class because I moved in late.
Old 09-13-2010 at 09:39 PM   #82
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj_24 View Post
Hi, i was wondering if anyone has the course outline for Econ 1B03, Holmes, for this year. I missed the first day of class because I moved in late.
its posted on avenue.mcmaster.ca

jj_24 says thanks to sayok8737 for this post.
Old 09-14-2010 at 09:31 AM   #83
jj_24

Liked: 1 Time
Lol, thanks for the help, I probably should have checked there

sayok8737 likes this.
Old 05-03-2011 at 08:36 PM   #84
zazalaziale

Liked: 0 Times
1b03 an 1bb3 r equally as easy
Old 06-13-2011 at 01:48 PM   #85
Dopematic

Liked: 28 Times
The impression I'm getting after skimming through previous posts is that this is sort of like an easy math course. Am I right?
On tests/assignments/final, are you just asked to do computations (similar to, say, a calculus class), or are there short answer questions as well testing theory?
(Oh yeah, I've never taken an economics course before, if you couldn't already tell )
Old 06-14-2011 at 01:22 PM   #86
RyanB

i finished econ 1b03 first semester with prof Holmes. I loved this course. She posted all her notes on A2L, so as long as u read them u will be fine. The content is easy to understand and makes a lot of practical sense. The assignments, quizes, midterm, and final were all MC. Basically, reading line graphs, simple math calculations, and basic theory. Favourite class first year.
Old 06-19-2011 at 09:46 AM   #87
sf2fs

Liked: 4 Times
Does anyone know what the bonus questions were for the exam? She usually hints at them in lecture, but after going through all the pod casts, I was unable to find any!
Old 06-19-2011 at 11:15 AM   #88
karna

Liked: 28 Times
what is the cat's name?

my farmer friend named a cow after me. what is the name of the cow?
Old 07-20-2011 at 08:14 PM   #89
lily_z

She also asked about the name of certain football players on her favourite team...can't remember what that team is though

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search