MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help finding T13 changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-18-2010 11:53 PM
Getting my Girlfriend a Graduation Gift danallan Dating & Relationships 19 05-25-2010 10:01 AM
Ryan needs a girlfriend.. FAST! huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 16 03-25-2010 01:57 AM
ENG II Course finding help. Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-08-2008 06:56 PM

Finding a Girlfriend ...

Old 01-27-2010 at 05:24 PM   #46
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
Proud of him?? where have you seen that?..I can give specific examples where the guy got punished pretty bad. Just last summer, my friend decided to date someone...his parents beat the living crap out of him, and then sent him back to the homeland for the summer, so that he could see an Imam (samilar thing as a priest)...and learn the "muslim" way

Techincally sara, we are giving the guy some pretty good advice here: if you wanna stay alive and in Canada, you are probably better off not dating
Woah, using "proud" was a bad idea, more like 'encouraging'. By "dating" I meant the whole parents knowing the situation thing as well. That's definitely a good thing (not the beating and all, but the "lesson") to get him back on track. He probably is better off not dating. But let's put it this way, for someone who has that idea already in their head, it's not that easy to get it out of their head. And let's face it, not everyone that says "I'm Muslim" follows the definition of what a Muslim is, guys and girls.
Ps- I know what an Imam is.. I'm not out of the loop I swear , Lol

PS- I bet Rossclot wishes he never started this, or for it to be closed asap =$
Old 01-27-2010 at 05:31 PM   #47
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

1) Don't raep.
2) Don't leave harassing emails/voicemails.
3) Don't be overly-clingly, overly-needy, or overly-jealous/obsessed.
4) Build a friendship, if you like her or feel like it can go somewhere, ask her if she'd like to maybe go for dinner at a nice restaurant (or east sides ) and reassure her that it's okay if she's not interested.
5) ???
6) Profit!

And for fvcks sakes, tell him not to do "coffee and a movie."

Done deal.
You're welcome.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 01-28-2010 at 07:32 AM.

kenvin100 likes this.
Old 01-27-2010 at 05:49 PM   #48
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

LOL at above, My parents would definitely not be proud or encourage any type of dating. Im thinking they would lean towards castration LOL (I joke )
Old 01-27-2010 at 05:55 PM   #49
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Why the LOL? My post was super serious. ;D

Old 01-27-2010 at 06:20 PM   #50
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
LOL at above, My parents would definitely not be proud or encourage any type of dating. Im thinking they would lean towards castration LOL (I joke )
I'm in no way encouraging it, I hope you know that . I'm simply stating what I've seen. And let's be realistic. Not every "brown" family is as you guys described (beating and such), there's always exceptions, which I just happened to encounter before what's known as "normal".
Old 01-27-2010 at 06:52 PM   #51
plums

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I'm in no way encouraging it, I hope you know that . I'm simply stating what I've seen. And let's be realistic. Not every "brown" family is as you guys described (beating and such), there's always exceptions, which I just happened to encounter before what's known as "normal".
it seems that the posts are talking about muslim, not brown, people. there are many different types of brown people out there.
Old 01-27-2010 at 06:53 PM   #52
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

beatings? this thread got scary
Old 01-27-2010 at 06:55 PM   #53
plums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
1) Don't raep.
2) Don't leave harassing emails/voicemails.
3) Don't be overly-clingly, overly-needy, or overly-jealous/obsessed.
4) Build a friendship, if you like her or feel like it can go somewhere, ask her if she'd like to maybe go for dinner at a nice restaurant (or east sides ) and reassure her that it's okay if she's not interested.
5) ???
6) Profit!

And for fvcks sakes, tell him not to do "coffee and a movie."
Fvck that pisses me off.

Done deal.
You're welcome.
dont take her to east sides. can that even be called a restaurant?

some girls like coffee and a movie. dont listen to this advice.

Gabriella* likes this.
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:01 PM   #54
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plums View Post
dont take her to east sides. can that even be called a restaurant?

some girls like coffee and a movie. dont listen to this advice.
Yea, don't listen to me at all.

Definitely raep her. That's key. That's why it's #1.

Old 01-27-2010 at 07:26 PM   #55
plums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Yea, don't listen to me at all.

Definitely raep her. That's key. That's why it's #1.
WTF did you not even read my post! i said dont listen to this advice - aka your idea that he should not do "coffee and a movie."

Last edited by temara.brown : 01-28-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: against coc
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:28 PM   #56
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
WTF did you not even read my post! i said dont listen to this advice - aka your idea that he should not do "coffee and a movie."
And you're telling ME to calm down.
You're funny.

If you like coffee and a movie; then you're a boring pile of dung. Yea, watching a movie and not talking to someone is SO SUPER EXCITING.

And you're chirping me about not being able to read, but I didn't suggest east sides as an option, I said take her to a nice restaurant. And then I said OR EAST SIDES, because it's my personal preference.

So um.

Winrar!

Last edited by temara.brown : 01-28-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:32 PM   #57
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
For a minute there, i thought you were telling lawley in another thread to learn some manners. If so, [email protected]

On the matter of coffee/movie on dates, it's pretty damn lame. A) Coffee is evil, and B) the point of dating in the early stage is to get to know someone. not much you can find out while you shut up to watch a movie.

Old 01-27-2010 at 07:33 PM   #58
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
it seems that the posts are talking about muslim, not brown, people. there are many different types of brown people out there.
I understand that. But the conversation was regarding both religious and cultural values, not just Islam.
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:34 PM   #59
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Please be respectful to other MacInsiders members. This is definitely not the way a response to a discussion should be.

temara.brown says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 01-27-2010
plums
This message has been removed by a moderator. .