MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help finding T13 changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-18-2010 11:53 PM
Getting my Girlfriend a Graduation Gift danallan Dating & Relationships 19 05-25-2010 10:01 AM
Ryan needs a girlfriend.. FAST! huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 16 03-25-2010 01:57 AM
ENG II Course finding help. Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-08-2008 06:56 PM

Finding a Girlfriend ...

Old 01-27-2010 at 09:49 PM   #76
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

um I don't really like to get into religions and stuff. But as much as i know...it doesn't matter if you drink, date, vegetarian/non veg, etc. As long as your doing good karma, helping others and hurting nobody, your doing godly things. But when you talk to someone and break his/her heart...your prayers will have no meaning.

As a matter of fact, i advice your friend by all means to go ahead and date. But make sure that it's LOVE that is involved not LUST or Infatuation or that fake reputation of losing virginity early! This is the main thing, if there is love...all religions approve it. If not...then do w/e your religion says lol...I aint no prophet!

Good Luck!

Last edited by mcmastergcdb : 01-27-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2010 at 10:44 PM   #77
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Can we not have one discussion when we don't go off topic and discuss topics that are irrelevant to the main topic? Try to be respectful and courteous to others. Do not make offensive posts...There are people from different cultures and religions so let's respect that. Also, let's try and keep the bashing/insults to a minimum.

kenvin100, lorend, temara.brown, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to Nino for this post.

kenvin100 likes this.
Old 01-28-2010 at 12:34 AM   #78
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

The title of this thread makes me think that you have a girlfriend and have misplaced her, similar to finding a remote.

Anyways, he should do things he's interested in in order to meet people, right? I mean, if he's not into going to bars, and you say go to bars to meet girls, it's not a good thing....
Old 01-28-2010 at 07:26 AM   #79
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
Can we not have one discussion when we don't go off topic and discuss topics that are irrelevant to the main topic? Try to be respectful and courteous to others. Do not make offensive posts...There are people from different cultures and religions so let's respect that. Also, let's try and keep the bashing/insults to a minimum.
That's exactly why I kept religion out of it, but someone still managed to find something wrong with my post. So fail on their part. ;D

OP wants to teach friend how to date in Canada, that's what I did. No religion necessary.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-28-2010
FireDragoonX
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-28-2010 at 10:07 AM   #80
thatdudeukno

Tell your friend, next time he sees a girl he likes, just whip it out. Trust me.

Old 01-28-2010 at 10:11 AM   #81
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Yea, don't listen to me at all.

Definitely raep her. That's key. That's why it's #1.
Cheri, you should start your own talk show... seriously you'd be rich. You could be Canada's Springer :p
Old 01-28-2010 at 10:14 AM   #82
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Cheri, you should start your own talk show... seriously you'd be rich. You could be Canada's Springer :p
Lmao.
That's a friggin good idea.

I could be the female Dimitri the Lover, too. -raises eyebrow-

Side note: I remember watching JS when I was like 12/13 with my best friend.... we used to think it'd be so funny to get on that show. XD

Old 01-28-2010 at 02:02 PM   #83
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Some articles I suggest (which relate to the original topic):
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1825 3
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1754 0
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1750 0

and included mostly for lols: http://talentegg.ca/launch/2009/11/w...ol-sweetheart/

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-29-2010 at 05:53 PM   #84
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Tell him to take a Woman's Studies course.
Old 01-29-2010 at 08:21 PM   #85
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
For a minute there, i thought you were telling lawley in another thread to learn some manners. If so, [email protected]

On the matter of coffee/movie on dates, it's pretty damn lame. A) Coffee is evil, and B) the point of dating in the early stage is to get to know someone. not much you can find out while you shut up to watch a movie.
I love coffee and a movie, that was mine and my boyfriend's first date! It's good to watch the movie first, then go for coffee. That way, during coffee you can get to know each other. OR if it's really awkward or something, you can just talk about the movie. But please don't assume she will want to see some romantic comedy chick flick. Let her pick the movie - you might be surprised! Maybe ask her out around July and she will pick Iron Man 2.

I still love going out for coffee and a movie .. we do it at least twice a month!

Last edited by Kathy2 : 01-29-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2010 at 12:38 AM   #86
creen

Liked: 29 Times

Ok heres your step by step guide.

1.Talk to a girls, talk to every girl you get an opportunity to talk to fat, thin, short, tall doesn't matter, practice makes perfect, itll build your confidence see below.

2.If you do get into a conversation with a girl their favorite subject is themselves, (I absolutely 100% guarantee this, second only to the subject of all the things that are wrong with their friends) ask one question and they will just keep going automatically, if they stop ask another question, just nod your head, scrunch up your eyebrows and say things like "Wow" "Thats amazing" "Really" (avoid talking about yourself, no one cares)

3. Befriend their friends, the friends punch your ticket to ride, if you know what i mean

4. Do all that gentlemanly stuff but be casual about it, it should look like your not doing anything

5. Confidence, this cannot be faked, girls like this

6. Being tall always helps, but resist the urge to wear platforms

7. Dont worry about having a car, cool stuff, loads of cash, an earring or stuff like that, any chick that cares about that stuff isn't worth your time, ya I said it!

8. If you ask a girl out have a plan, dont say things like, "I don't know, what do you want to do"

9. Be funny, for some reason many females enjoy sarcasm, something like, "What are those boots you have on" "Uggs" "Kinda cool I could see lots of girls starting to where those"

10. Dont go to the movies, what are you going to do there? Exception, the Drive-In

11. Dont get your friends to find you girls, cause they aren't going to pass along any good ones.

12. Every girl wants to be the center of attention, focus on them, ditch the cell phone/texts/etc focus

ytpos likes this.
Old 01-30-2010 at 01:19 AM   #87
Parnian

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by creen View Post
Ok heres your step by step guide.

1.Talk to a girls, talk to every girl you get an opportunity to talk to fat, thin, short, tall doesn't matter, practice makes perfect, itll build your confidence see below.

2.If you do get into a conversation with a girl their favorite subject is themselves, (I absolutely 100% guarantee this, second only to the subject of all the things that are wrong with their friends) ask one question and they will just keep going automatically, if they stop ask another question, just nod your head, scrunch up your eyebrows and say things like "Wow" "Thats amazing" "Really" (avoid talking about yourself, no one cares)

3. Befriend their friends, the friends punch your ticket to ride, if you know what i mean

4. Do all that gentlemanly stuff but be casual about it, it should look like your not doing anything

5. Confidence, this cannot be faked, girls like this

6. Being tall always helps, but resist the urge to wear platforms

7. Dont worry about having a car, cool stuff, loads of cash, an earring or stuff like that, any chick that cares about that stuff isn't worth your time, ya I said it!

8. If you ask a girl out have a plan, dont say things like, "I don't know, what do you want to do"

9. Be funny, for some reason many females enjoy sarcasm, something like, "What are those boots you have on" "Uggs" "Kinda cool I could see lots of girls starting to where those"

10. Dont go to the movies, what are you going to do there? Exception, the Drive-In

11. Dont get your friends to find you girls, cause they aren't going to pass along any good ones.

12. Every girl wants to be the center of attention, focus on them, ditch the cell phone/texts/etc focus
I agree with most of this except the parts where it mentions that the girl wants to be the center of attention. What I like is when the guy and I have a mutual discussion going on; he talks about himself and I talk about myself, that kind of thing. When he contributes stuff about himself, I feel he's being more personal and giving me information that he wouldn't necessarily give to people he doesn't know well. So... yeah

Good list.
Old 01-30-2010 at 04:46 PM   #88
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Quote:
Tell him to take a Woman's Studies course.

I said he wanted a girlfriend, not have his ***** cut off.

Quote:
Bahaha, the second I saw "Finding a girlfriend...", I automatically thought "Rossclot".
Hahaha, it's not like I am asking for myself. I realize I have no dating "skills", my tactic is to sit there and try to look pretty so some predator will swoop down and snatch me up. Right now I am mastering the sitting portion of my tactic, but I havent been approached yet. Everyone must have a boyfriend right now.

It is comforting to learn the things people expect of me here. Desperation, social awkwardness, no comprehension of social conventions. Lovely.
Old 01-30-2010 at 04:52 PM   #89
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post

It is comforting to learn the things people expect of me here. Desperation, social awkwardness, no comprehension of social conventions. Lovely.

You said in a previous thread that you were deathly afraid of women. XD What else should we expect of you?