MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help finding T13 changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-18-2010 11:53 PM
Getting my Girlfriend a Graduation Gift danallan Dating & Relationships 19 05-25-2010 10:01 AM
Ryan needs a girlfriend.. FAST! huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 16 03-25-2010 01:57 AM
ENG II Course finding help. Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-08-2008 06:56 PM

Finding a Girlfriend ...

Old 01-27-2010 at 07:38 PM   #61
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
For a minute there, i thought you were telling lawley in another thread to learn some manners. If so, [email protected]

On the matter of coffee/movie on dates, it's pretty damn lame. A) Coffee is evil, and B) the point of dating in the early stage is to get to know someone. not much you can find out while you shut up to watch a movie.
Coffee is absolutely wonderful.
I resent that comment, sir.
Mind you, you should start drinking a watered down version at 6 to be able to say that and be taken seriously.
The coffee n00bs who suddenly drink it like it's black crack are not welcome in the Coffee Appreciation Association.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Gabriella*, lorend like this.
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:39 PM   #62
plums

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
For a minute there, i thought you were telling lawley in another thread to learn some manners. If so, [email protected]

On the matter of coffee/movie on dates, it's pretty damn lame. A) Coffee is evil, and B) the point of dating in the early stage is to get to know someone. not much you can find out while you shut up to watch a movie.
u can find out a lot during coffee and movies are fun to watch. u should have fun on a date. the OP should do what he likes.
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:46 PM   #63
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

More along the lines of the conversation: Has anybody noticed the Catholic dating website ad? It just seemed interesting that that pops up while we're discussing religion and dating.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 01-27-2010 at 07:46 PM   #64
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Bahaha, the second I saw "Finding a girlfriend...", I automatically thought "Rossclot".

Old 01-27-2010 at 07:47 PM   #65
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

My first date with my now boyfriend was a movie...but like...we stayed in to watch it, so we could talk etc. during it. And a really nice date I went on involved coffee and ice skating.
So coffee and movies ftw ^_^
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:51 PM   #66
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
My first date with my now boyfriend was a movie...but like...we stayed in to watch it, so we could talk etc. during it. And a really nice date I went on involved coffee and ice skating.
So coffee and movies ftw ^_^
I see "movie date", and think of going out to one. Staying in isnt so bad, cuz you just throw it on for background noise, but basically ignore it.

Unless its star wars, in which case you better stfu and appreciate!
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:53 PM   #67
crazyfree
Elite Member

Quote:
I see "movie date", and think of going out to one. Staying in isnt so bad, cuz you just throw it on for background noise, but basically ignore it.

I agree completely. Star Wars is serious business.

aya017, lawleypop, lorend, reeves like this.
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:53 PM   #68
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
This one is for you Mr. Reeves:

"Today, my boyfriend humped me to the tune of the Imperial March from Star Wars. FML"

reeves likes this.
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:53 PM   #69
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Coffee is absolutely wonderful.
I resent that comment, sir.
Mind you, you should start drinking a watered down version at 6 to be able to say that and be taken seriously.
The coffee n00bs who suddenly drink it like it's black crack are not welcome in the Coffee Appreciation Association.
Dont get me wrong. I love coffee. I love it so much I had to quit drinking it. I drank it too much. And the money i spent on it could have been going to other more worthwhile addictions, like booze and cigarettes
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:54 PM   #70
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
This one is for you Mr. Reeves:

"Today, my boyfriend humped me to the tune of the Imperial March from Star Wars. FML"
GODDAMIT WHY IS MY GF POSTING THIS??

lmasud, xo.monica like this.
Old 01-27-2010 at 07:55 PM   #71
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
I agree completely. Star Wars is serious business.
Your boyfriend knows how to pick a lady.
Old 01-27-2010 at 08:01 PM   #72
crazyfree
Elite Member

Quote:
Your boyfriend knows how to pick a lady.
^_^
...He said something of the sort actually when we first discussed my obsession with those movies lol

reeves likes this.
Old 01-27-2010 at 08:03 PM   #73
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
^_^
...He said something of the sort actually when we first discussed my obsession with those movies lol

aw man. now i have to go watch star wars. I talked myself into it.

crazyfree likes this.
Old 01-27-2010 at 09:05 PM   #74
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Probably not, if it's the son, they'd be all proud of him (based on the countless examples I've seen).. If it's the daughter.. now that's a different story...!

Afzal, so you're telling me ALL the people in MSA aren't dating/ have dated. Don't get me wrong I'm not supporting the whole dating thing, it just makes me laugh how people do all that, and still call themselves Muslim. But anyway, that's not the point of the thread, so let's get back on topic and try to help out with some type of advice, or say nothing at all if its of no help to the OP.
sorry , i didn't notice the 2nd paragraph, I don't know that but they do disapprove dating and the partying culture from what I've heard at the Friday prayers. So did you say that "it makes you laugh how people date? and still call themselves Muslim?"
Old 01-27-2010 at 09:20 PM   #75
escape

Liked: 38 Times

This thread just got Oh so serious.