MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Which is the best team?
Leafs 37 69.81%
Leafs! Just kidding, this one is for Habs. 16 30.19%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leafs A Disapointment :'( Infinity Athletics & Recreation 250 02-04-2010 05:23 PM
Leafs Suck! Leafs Suck! Athletics & Recreation 9 12-11-2009 03:47 AM
Leafs Season Opener!! Infinity General Discussion 40 10-02-2009 10:48 PM
Leafs Pre-Season Talk Infinity General Discussion 44 10-01-2009 12:44 PM
leafs tickets lorend General Discussion 5 02-16-2009 11:49 AM

Leafs vs Habs

Old 07-25-2009 at 01:18 AM   #76
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
You’re really full of yourself, aren’t you?

You accuse me of starting flame wars on this thread, but it’s really you that starts it because of ridiculous posts like that.

Pathetic
LOL, are you being serious? Have you seen what you’ve been posting throughout this thread?

All you do is hate on Leafs fans. You’ve done it in other threads too. If you can’t back up what you’re saying, there’s really no point of posting.

By the way, Wikipedia is not a creditable source. You go to university, and you’re still using Wikipedia?

Don’t call me pathetic, I actually back up what I say.
Old 07-25-2009 at 01:28 AM   #77
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Guys, calm down. You’ve already received warnings yesterday. I understand you guys have different opinions, but try to express them in a way that won’t cause a flame war. If you guys can’t do that, use the ignore list, and you won’t be able to see each others post. I certainly wouldn’t want you guys to get banned for some stupid reason like this. You guys might be cheering for different teams, but at the end of the day you're both hockey fans.

Old 07-25-2009 at 01:39 AM   #78
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Nooo...let them fight, I missed it yesterday!
...lol I’m just kidding, I agree with Joseph, calm down guys!
Old 07-28-2009 at 12:17 AM   #79
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
Guys, calm down. You’ve already received warnings yesterday. I understand you guys have different opinions, but try to express them in a way that won’t cause a flame war. If you guys can’t do that, use the ignore list, and you won’t be able to see each others post. I certainly wouldn’t want you guys to get banned for some stupid reason like this. You guys might be cheering for different teams, but at the end of the day you're both hockey fans.
True, I guess I'll try to calm down. I hope I don't see any more ridiculous posts by Jake.

By the way, ahahahaha. Leafs made another stupid trade - Stralman, and Stuart for 2nd rounder, and primeau ahaha
Old 08-02-2009 at 12:51 AM   #80
Jake

Quote:
True, I guess I'll try to calm down. I hope I don't see any more ridiculous posts by Jake.

By the way, ahahahaha. Leafs made another stupid trade - Stralman, and Stuart for 2nd rounder, and primeau ahaha
i agree, it was a horrible trade. stralman was a top 4 d-man. he had so much potential, and we let him go just like that. :(
Old 08-02-2009 at 12:59 AM   #81
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
i agree, it was a horrible trade. stralman was a top 4 d-man. he had so much potential, and we let him go just like that. :(
A lot of Leafs fans have been bashing Brian Burke on this trade. However, what people fail to realize is the resource the Leafs have that Calgary, and pretty much every other team in the league doesn't...MONEY! At 1.4million, Burke got a 2nd rounder! Primeau will most likely be buried in the minors with his contract. Burke has mentioned that he’s going be using all MLSE resources to do what he wants.

Regarding Stralman, the so called "top 4 defencemen"...

Stralman a top 4??? Someone tell me what he has shown in his time with the Leafs that makes you think he’s a top 4. If he couldn't make the Leafs in a full time capacity the last couple of years, how is he going to make the Flames?

Our defence and goalie positions have been fixed and if he doesn’t do anything else the Leafs have gotten better. Everyone says we need more scoring but we had more scoring last year than 20 other teams. Goals will always come, now that we can keep them out of our net.

Good deal Burkie.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Go Leafs Go, Jake like this.
Old 08-05-2009 at 02:18 PM   #82
pocalyuko

Liked: 9 Times

leafs have been lost since '67. habs are dillusional signing guys like gomez (overpaid and underachiever) and gionta (old and about to fold).

the worst thing the leafs did were - trade tukka rask away for the andrew "the razor" raycroft lmao... draft kulemin and tlusty over steve mason and think bryan mccabe was a hero deserving a 5yr contract. anyways burke is there now and he'll build that team properly. as for the habs, kovalev is going to have a career year in ottawa and the price is wrong in net.

go canucks

and by the way, are the common rooms busy on sundays, i need my weekly fix for dallas cowboys game, im a die hard
Old 08-05-2009 at 03:11 PM   #83
nciggle

Liked: 11 Times

Hey, is anyone else here still dillsuionally hopeful of the Coyotes getting moved to Hamilton, if Judge Baum rules against the Reinsdorf and other groups bid??

And with keeping the topic of being delusional alive...I am a Leafs fan.

Noah Ciglen
Honours Arts&Science II
Old 08-05-2009 at 03:13 PM   #84
pocalyuko

i would love to see the coyotes be moved to hamilton as my dad's side of my family grew up in winnipeg and were jets fan. BUT the way things are looking theyre going to be stuck in the god forsaken desert for a long time
Old 08-05-2009 at 04:36 PM   #85
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

The matchups between the two teams will be a little more interesting this year. The Habs lost their top point-getter (Kovalev) and Koivu, and the smallest team in the NHL became a little smaller. The Leafs (IMO) have improved.

GO JETS GO
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:00 PM   #86
Ethansaucier

Liked: 0 Times

Since football has been brought up, I was wondering the same thing. I run a football pool and am a die-hard Bears fan and I need to be able to watch my football on Sunday. I'm guessing others will want to watch the game on Sunday in rez but if not, 1280 or any other bars around the area will be my spot on Sunday.
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:10 PM   #87
pocalyuko

yo man if you run a pool, count me in. im already excited to hear it and its pre pre-season
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:12 PM   #88
pocalyuko

and i like the bears more than most other teams. cutler, hester, forte, urlacher, briggs, vasher, tillman are sick
Old 08-18-2009 at 12:40 AM   #89
Jake

Go Leafs Go!!!
Old 08-18-2009 at 02:24 PM   #90
Ethansaucier

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocalyuko View Post
and i like the bears more than most other teams. cutler, hester, forte, urlacher, briggs, vasher, tillman are sick
What I like to hear...but I'm running the pool. I'm running it thru yahoo! sports. $50 a person, i got like 30 guys committed already so its gonna be a big pot.