MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
easy social science/ humanities as an elective? ae1011 Academics 19 06-07-2010 10:03 PM
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM
Humanities and Social Science petition! huzaifa47 General Discussion 0 03-14-2009 06:43 PM
To ALL first years (students and course takers) in Humanities and Social Science Goce Academics 9 10-08-2008 12:09 PM

Mac Social Sci/Humanities

Old 02-22-2011 at 05:49 PM   #121
daniella13

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I've been creeping this thread for entertainment purposes (yeah, that's how I'm spending my Sunday afternoon - what of it?). Every comment for the last few pages has been:

- people defending their own programs
- people commenting on programs they're not in
- Desda making fun of her own program

I haven't seen the original poster in a while. I'm wondering if she's decided to go somewhere else now.
LOL
this debate has been extremely entertaining!
I just read over the thread now.
I'm coming to Mac next year , I got accepted a couple weeks ago.
Seriously, why the fighting between the programs! Honestly.
Old 02-22-2011 at 05:56 PM   #122
daniella13

Ps,
I'm gonna be a humanities student and I was in enriched math and science
I just strongly dislike them...
Programs don't make a person's intelligence, and just because people are in humanities/social sci, doesn't mean they couldn't do well in other programs - it's a choice!

I'm rather excited now that I've witnessed all the wonderful hospitality Mac students have to offer

alh24, jamescw1234 like this.
Old 02-22-2011 at 05:59 PM   #123
daniella13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
I remember that when i was accepted for Social Sciences at McMaster the average needed was 76%. I got my acceptance part-way through March, i look forward to meeting you in the fall
Yeah, the average is currently 'mid-70s'.
Awesome, I look forward to meeting you too
Old 02-22-2011 at 06:53 PM   #124
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella13 View Post
Ps,
Programs don't make a person's intelligence, and just because people are in humanities/social sci, doesn't mean they couldn't do well in other programs - it's a choice!

I'm rather excited now that I've witnessed all the wonderful hospitality Mac students have to offer
I was in Science before I switched into Social Science. I didn't switch because I was failing, like some have suggested because "that's the only reason a Science student would go into Arts."

Good luck next year!
Old 02-23-2011 at 01:55 PM   #125
c.erl
PLUC Front, etc.

Liked: 94 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella13 View Post
Ps,

Welcome to Humanities at Mac, Daniella! Trust me, you're going to love the faculty. I would recommend taking samplings from all the different departments to determine which route is best for you.

History, English and Philosophy are generally the most popular, but don't be afraid to take courses in Peace Studies, Women's Studies and Communications Studies. They can be some of the more intriguing classes and help round out your Humanities experience.

Congratulations, again, and I hope you enjoy the program!
Old 02-25-2011 at 10:08 PM   #126
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

That post by Coltrane was completely ignorant, just pretend it's not there

I had an 83% average when applying for Soc Sci and I received my acceptance in early March (I believe that's early acceptance though, most get theirs around end of March, early April). The minimum average for my program was 75-77% and I believe it's 75% for Humanities. I personally really enjoy it at Mac and love the campus, it's beautiful in the spring and fall.