MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN Help Urgent Desda Computers & Tech 24 09-23-2010 11:39 AM
Offer Rescinded laiac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-04-2010 01:36 PM
Going to visit McMaster today to speak about rescinded offer - who should I contact? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 03:46 PM
McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 07-19-2010 07:41 AM
McMaster Rescinded Offer???????!!!! MacRK101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-16-2010 12:24 PM

Need urgent help - Offer rescinded

Old 07-25-2011 at 08:15 PM   #1
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

Need urgent help - Offer rescinded
The whole scenario is that i completed 28 credits in north toronto (my high school) and then i had two online courses i was taking with virtual high school. I read the requirements multiple times and even called mcmaster a few times to make sure that i would meet the requirement deadlines. After the two online courses were finished, i was sent an email from the principal stating that they would send my highschool and ouac the transcripts to prove that i had finished the two courses (this was done a few days before june 30). The two grades were quickly registered into ouac and i thought i was fine. However, when i got my report card around june 30, i noticed that it said there were only 28 credits achieved. I went to my guidance counselor who knew i was taking two online courses and she told me that it wasn't a problem. I asked her if it would complicate things with my graduation or university status and she said no. She told me to come back to north toronto late august with the report cards of the virtual high school courses once i received them and that all would be fine.

Now last friday i got my letter rescinded, i went to the school saturday to find that their not open, then i made severals calls today and went to the tdsb transcripts board to get new transcripts.

What do i do now, because i am very worried and upset that this is happening to me. My mom is crying and it is adding on to my emotions. Not to put blame on my guidance counselor but she was the one that specifically told me it was fine. Now it isnt and i am paying the price.

Last edited by xiaoliu : 07-25-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:21 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

You should definitely speak to someone in the Registrar's office as soon as possible, or better yet, go in and talk to them
There's also more advice here with a comment from a McMaster employee:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...now-29526.html
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...fer-29518.html
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:25 PM   #3
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

This isn't some next level unfair police brutality >_>

You will be fine. Tell your mom to chill out. I would understand you two being upset if you actually didn't have 30 credits, but you have them. It's simply a misunderstanding.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:25 PM   #4
xiaoliu

I've read all the threads that were related to this well before i made an account and posted.

I did speak to many registrar's of which one was olivia and she emailed me telling me to email her back my situation and a letter of appeal.

The top paragraph was something i included in my email back to her and i have no response as of yet.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:28 PM   #5
xiaoliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
This isn't some next level unfair police brutality >_>

You will be fine. Tell your mom to chill out. I would understand you two being upset if you actually didn't have 30 credits, but you have them. It's simply a misunderstanding.
I know, i was chilled out yesterday and the day before when i realized it was a little ossd misunderstanding, but the messages i was receiving today was that the programs are full, the residence are full and basically my chances of getting back into the university that i should be going to is slim. Under these circumstances you'd get frustrated no?
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:28 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
I've read all the threads that were related to this well before i made an account and posted.

I did speak to many registrar's of which one was olivia and she emailed me telling me to email her back my situation and a letter of appeal.

The top paragraph was something i included in my email back to her and i have no response as of yet.
If you've done all that and sent them any paperwork needed, then you're good. Just wait for the reply, and give it at least a couple of days.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:29 PM   #7
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Quote:
I know, i was chilled out yesterday and the day before when i realized it was a little ossd misunderstanding, but the messages i was receiving today was that the programs are full, the residence are full and basically my chances of getting back into the university that i should be going to is slim. Under these circumstances you'd get frustrated no?
You were already accepted though. McMaster isn't going to **** you over by saying "oh we're full" when they were the ones who offered you a position at this school in the first place. Also, it's the summer, people are not working to their full capacity at the current time, so it will take slightly longer for things to get sorted out.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:30 PM   #8
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:

Unfortunately we can't do anything. My suggestion is to stop emailing and come speak in person with the required documents proving you have taken 30 credits. If you do indeed have proof suggesting you have the required credits than they will make the required changes.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:30 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
As long as you completed all your credits on time (i.e. before June 30), gotten your OSSD, and kept up the average required for your conditional offer, I don't see why they can't give you your spot back in the program and residence, even if they're "full," especially since you had a spot to begin with.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:31 PM   #10
xiaoliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
If you've done all that and sent them any paperwork needed, then you're good. Just wait for the reply, and give it at least a couple of days.
I haven't sent them any paper work though. This is the email i got from olivia that i had responded to

"Hello Xiao,1154085,
In response to our phone conversation regarding the rescind decision on your application, an email was sent to you on July 14, 2011 informing you of the rescind decision (check your junk mail). Prior to that we had contacted your High School and been informed that you had not met the conditions of your offer (as least that was the information they had at that time).
If you did receive your OSSD by June 30, 2011, we would need to receive an official transcript indicating OSSD achieved by June 2011. We would also require a letter of appeal indicating why there was a delay in your high school receiving the required grade information from your courses that were completed at a different school yet completed by June 30, 2011."

And regarding the july 14, 2011 email of rescindment, it was something i've never gotten. I check my email everyday and i have a business online so checking junk and things like that is something i do at least 30 times a day.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:32 PM   #11
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Have you registered for courses yet?
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:33 PM   #12
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I haven't sent them any paper work though. This is the email i got from olivia that i had responded to

"Hello Xiao,1154085,
In response to our phone conversation regarding the rescind decision on your application, an email was sent to you on July 14, 2011 informing you of the rescind decision (check your junk mail). Prior to that we had contacted your High School and been informed that you had not met the conditions of your offer (as least that was the information they had at that time).
If you did receive your OSSD by June 30, 2011, we would need to receive an official transcript indicating OSSD achieved by June 2011. We would also require a letter of appeal indicating why there was a delay in your high school receiving the required grade information from your courses that were completed at a different school yet completed by June 30, 2011."

And regarding the july 14, 2011 email of rescindment, it was something i've never gotten. I check my email everyday and i have a business online so checking junk and things like that is something i do at least 30 times a day.
Then you need to send them an official transcript for them to verify that your OSSD was indeed completed before June 11. Better yet, take it with you in person tomorrow and go to the Registrar's office. Also, did you ask her about not getting this email? If so, how did you find out that the offer was rescided, mail? :S
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:40 PM   #13
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
You were already accepted though. McMaster isn't going to **** you over by saying "oh we're full" when they were the ones who offered you a position at this school in the first place. Also, it's the summer, people are not working to their full capacity at the current time, so it will take slightly longer for things to get sorted out.

I don't know the full story, but my friend said that this mac pretty much said 'f u' to him lol. He got into engineering and didn't pick courses by june 30th or something and then they took away his offer. This is what I heard from him, but I don't know if he was talking straight, but he is coming back for an extra year in high school now lol.
Old 07-25-2011 at 08:42 PM   #14
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I don't know the full story, but my friend said that this mac pretty much said 'f u' to him lol. He got into engineering and didn't pick courses by june 30th or something and then they took away his offer. This is what I heard from him, but I don't know if he was talking straight, but he is coming back for an extra year in high school now lol.
I don't think picking courses has to do with it. Because people who weren't previously registered during the June SOLAR date (the 7-day period) can go back in and register for courses in mid-July after SOLAR re-opens. :/
Old 07-25-2011 at 09:00 PM   #15
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
LOL there must be another part of that story, but that's so whack

mcmastergcdb likes this.