MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN Help Urgent Desda Computers & Tech 24 09-23-2010 11:39 AM
Offer Rescinded laiac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-04-2010 01:36 PM
Going to visit McMaster today to speak about rescinded offer - who should I contact? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 03:46 PM
McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 07-19-2010 07:41 AM
McMaster Rescinded Offer???????!!!! MacRK101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-16-2010 12:24 PM

Need urgent help - Offer rescinded

Old 08-11-2011 at 09:06 PM   #76
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
The only person/s that could probably relate to me right now is cheng because he's asian. I thank you guys for the help and all, but your probably white.

Not going to university is UN acceptable in the asian/chinese families. So unless you can change races, dont be telling me this isnt a big ****en issue because it is.

My bad if i am sounding aggressive and you have helped/given me advice
Umm, see this is where you're wrong. I'm not white and just like your parents, mine also believe that it's beyond unacceptable for me not to go to university. It's not just Chinese parents, and you're very wrong to assume so. But here's where you're really wrong, you wouldn't be dealing with this issue if you go to another university for a year. You'd STILL be a university student. So I'm not sure where this whole "unacceptable not to go to university" thing comes in. And even if you just want to come to Mac and nowhere else, having a year off is NOT "not going to university," you'd still be going, just 1-year later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
I said i wish my guidance counsellor was a male so i can fight him (as a joke), it wasnt sexist.

You guys are telling me to control my temper and all, but your not in my position so you dont understand. My dads probably going to have some mental problem now because of this and my moms going to hold this on me forever.

@ The person that was saying to take it in real school and not vhs and pushing it. I did push it, i called them and met up with my guidance on a regular basis to ensure this shit wouldnt happen. And she reassured me each time its fine, just as long as ouac had the mark which it did its okay.

You dont ****en know the circumstances so dont be posting shit that will only piss me off more.
Noor said it was sexist because he thought that you meant that men wouldn't have made that mistake. I understood the same thing from your statement. But anyway, I know it's a difficult position and we don't know how it feels, but raging only puts you at a disadvantage. Instead of wasting your time being mad, thing logically of all your options and evaluate the pros and cons of each and see which path is best for you. We're only giving you our point of view of everything. I'm sorry but the whole point of a public forum is for others to give their opinions, regardless of whether you like it or not. If you don't want to help yourself in this situation, there's only so much we can do at this point :/

Old 08-11-2011 at 09:06 PM   #77
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

You know what, i want to apologize.. i just went to the washroom and had a breather..

sorry for being rude/disrespectful and racist, its not normally me, its just this news is very upsetting.

i am going outside for a walk now, sorry for being an *******.

ty all for the support.
Old 08-11-2011 at 09:10 PM   #78
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

To be honest, I think with the overflow of Mac students entering this year, they will do everything to keep you out. So perhaps plan to go to UTM
Old 08-11-2011 at 09:24 PM   #79
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

"I'm not white and just like your parents"

Sara you're not?! I thought all white folk participate in Ramadan

Anyhow I find this entire race topic to be interesting but also highly irrelevant. For what it's worth I think brown parents and arab parents are just as strict -_-

Also re: emailing, yeah, the more professional and clearly you can outline your beef with the administration the better. Improper grammar and spelling mistakes don't help in the slightest.

Also Noor chill with the online high school beef lmao, that kind of stuff exists and you can't avoid it. Some universities are easier than others, do you want someone to tell you "you shouldn't have gone to Mac and should have gone to a harder school and a harder program"? Some high schools are easier than others, and some are harder. You can't really avoid that kind of stuff and make it all perfectly even (unless you install a test like the SAT but even that won't prove anything).

Regarding OP's parents, I don't see why they would be upset if you didn't go to McMaster for one year (or even at all). It's just a school, but I can see how annoying it would be to have to completely change your plans because of something dumb like this.

I think Sara Noor and Natalie have outlined what you can do at this point, so try to keep on top of everything and leave as many options open as possible.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 08-12-2011 at 10:19 AM   #80
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
You sound like a real whiner. Glad your offer got recinded.
fixed that for you.

And to OP why do you keep sending emails? Talking to people helps them empathize with the situation, like I said before you need to use a little more tact in a situation like this, and not get so frustrated. Even though I myself can see how dissapointing news this must be to your parents, you need to put that to aside be a little selfish and think about yourself, so you can solve your problem.

Im not buying the whole "my situation is unique" excuse either, believe it or not everyone has problems, obviously some bigger than others, how people deal with their problems set them apart from the pack.

I also think you've have a little growing up to do, you should be going to university for no one but yourself.

Last edited by tyrant : 08-12-2011 at 10:21 AM.

nerual likes this.
Old 08-12-2011 at 10:23 AM   #81
Johnny162

Liked: 16 Times

I hate the stigma that all white parents could care less if there kids go to school or not. Sorry I'm not asian but my parents would have been just as mad as yours in this situation. You dont have to be asian to understand your situation and that was kind of insulting to everyone trying to help you out or be compassionate. I did a virtual program AND summer school in a different district then my own and i avoided this. I was on the phone with the board and in the office with guidance until I was SURE everything was ok, well before i graduated. I know sometimes things happen, but we have to make the best of it when something goes wrong. I'm gonna leave this alone now but I have to say that i don't appreciate the fact that comments like that only seem to be okay when they are insulting white people. Good luck with your endevors

britb says thanks to Johnny162 for this post.

Old 08-12-2011 at 12:55 PM   #82
paula112

Liked: 3 Times

OMG my brother had similar prob.
He took math online and his mark wasnt on OUAC and the guidance counsellor told him
It will be up there and will be fine. And by the end of may he got 3 letters saying
that they can't offer him an admission. He had 3 days to do everything cuz usually the offer
expires in early june or late may i think?
My parents (both mom and dad) went to school to see the counsellor.
They were pissed off as hell and said stuff like they are going to sue the school/counsellor
(i lol'ed at this)
SO THEN, they took it seriously and the principal said he will send a letter explaining the situation
with his signature on, and the transcript.
After sending those, he recieved offer of admission within 4 days i think.
so maybe take your parents to the school and talk to them. this could helP

Johnny162 likes this.
Old 08-12-2011 at 02:31 PM   #83
j0sh

Liked: 4 Times

just keep a cool head and think of solutions dude. people are offering some great suggestions here and maybe you should try them out before spazzing. And adding to everyone else's comments on your racist comment about Chinese parents caring more than other races - that's not true. I'm not gonna talk about brown parents or arab parents but I'm just gonna say that there are a lot of parents out there who care about their kids' futures and would flip if this happened to them too.

Hope it works out for you and try not to piss other people off.
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:38 AM   #84
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

Hello Xiao,1154085
The Admissions Review Committee has agree to cancel the rescind decision on your record at McMaster given that the documentation and the OUAC now support that you had met the conditions of your offer to Business I as of June 30, 2011.....Congratulati ons.
Within the next few days, you will be able to log on to SOLAR to re-select your courses to Business I. Please complete the Payment Agreement Form to ensure that you are fully registered so that your student card will be printed. If you complete the registration process in a timely manner, the card will be mailed to you. Otherwise you will need to pick it up in Gilmour Hall, Room 108.

Unfortunately, your on-campus bed has been re-allocated and Residence is now full. You may decide to check the Off-Campus Housing site at http://macoffcampus.mcmaster .ca/index.php

Best of Luck with your future studies.
Kind Regards,

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

sorry for being such an ******* before, i just want to thank everyone that helped me through this case especially alchemist!!

Old 08-15-2011 at 10:17 AM   #85
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

See, we told you everything would be fine but no, you kept freaking out and attacking people who were trying to help you. Hopefully you can actually get into some courses.
Old 08-15-2011 at 10:25 AM   #86
curiousabout

Liked: 1 Time

Glad everthing worked out for you.

I can certainly understand the frustration of being caught in the big machine, feeling like you're powerless to change anything...Ultimately , despite the most sophisticated computer systems out there, you still need human beings who can think to resolve issues.

With some patience and luck (people dropping courses you need) you should be able to put together a decent schedule for yourself.
Old 08-15-2011 at 10:44 AM   #87
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Congrats !
Old 08-15-2011 at 10:45 AM   #88
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Off-Campus is better anyways
Old 08-15-2011 at 02:37 PM   #89
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy