MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN Help Urgent Desda Computers & Tech 24 09-23-2010 11:39 AM
Offer Rescinded laiac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-04-2010 01:36 PM
Going to visit McMaster today to speak about rescinded offer - who should I contact? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 03:46 PM
McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 07-19-2010 07:41 AM
McMaster Rescinded Offer???????!!!! MacRK101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-16-2010 12:24 PM

Need urgent help - Offer rescinded

Old 08-11-2011 at 08:33 PM   #61
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

its not for me, i dont really care if i dont go this year to university..

my parents do, especially my dad who has a heart conidition right now. he's chinese so basically his whole pride was me getting into university which i did and now with this bullshit ass ****en scenario he's gonna be pissed off. Hes probably going to talk to me about getting a lawyer or something because this shit i had no control over.

**** i am raging right now. if only my guidance counsellor was a male....
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:36 PM   #62
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
@ Sara, i just followed the link and none of the universities that i got accepted into were found after i had typed in the necessary information...
You don't need to look up the ones you applied to. It could be a school you didn't even apply to. It's the list of programs and schools still accepting people so you can apply all over again to some of you choices.

This has nothing to do with your guidance counsellor being a male or female. This has to do with how well you handle this situation which I must say you have to be a little more optimistic and control your temper in a situation like this and frankly, just make the best of the situation. Even though it's not your fault at all, being mad won't help. Also, it's university protocol, so it's very strict and there's nothing that can be done at this point since they still don't have your final transcript with 30 credits and any indication that your OSSD was complete. Since your parents want you to go to university, this is why I suggested going to another university for a year (you'd take the EXACT SAME courses as you would've at Mac) and then transfer your credits to Mac and go into the second year of THAT program at Mac in Sept 2012. And all that is IN CASE your appeal review isn't accepted. As Noor mentioned, U of Toronto Mississauga is accepting and that's definitely a prestigious university and it would be very easy to transfer after first year.

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 08-11-2011 at 08:44 PM.

L'Étoile says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

chelseac, TheCrucible like this.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:39 PM   #63
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

Haha I'm Chinese too and I totally understand how your parents are probably feeling right now. My parents would be the same. And I know they wouldn't want me to just attend any random university.

I don't know about hiring a lawyer, like if it would even be worth it right now but if you did I can see you suing for the amount of money you used to apply for universities, time spent dealing with this issue, etc.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to talk to anyone higher up and I can't even find out who is in charge really. I'm sure like the Dean of Science or something could do something but like who knows if you can even get a hold of anyone higher up...
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:44 PM   #64
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
if only my guidance counsellor was a male....
this is beyond sexist you need to change your attitude.

Its kinda your damn fault, you did not make sure they sent it on time, you did not keep asking them to send it. And also online highschool is a joke, you should not have did that. Go do real highschool like all of us.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

Last edited by L'Étoile : 08-11-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Johnny162 likes this.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:48 PM   #65
N.Cheng

I'm actually 99% sure once they meet on Aug 22 they'll give you a spot because they have no reason not to. You completed the requirements, what went wrong wasn't your fault at all, and I'm sure they can fit one more student. If you have to live off-campus, it's not bad at all. You save money since res and meal plans are so expensive and you could always live on res next year if you want.

If you don't get in, well take a year to get a job and save up money if you're not going to get into another University then reapply next year and you can probably make an appeal about last year situation and you'll probably get accepted next year. It's not like the end of the world. It completely sucks but they didn't destroy your life or anything.

lis25 likes this.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:55 PM   #66
xiaoliu

I said i wish my guidance counsellor was a male so i can fight him (as a joke), it wasnt sexist.

You guys are telling me to control my temper and all, but your not in my position so you dont understand. My dads probably going to have some mental problem now because of this and my moms going to hold this on me forever.

@ The person that was saying to take it in real school and not vhs and pushing it. I did push it, i called them and met up with my guidance on a regular basis to ensure this shit wouldnt happen. And she reassured me each time its fine, just as long as ouac had the mark which it did its okay.

You dont ****en know the circumstances so dont be posting shit that will only piss me off more.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:57 PM   #67
xiaoliu

The only person/s that could probably relate to me right now is cheng because he's asian. I thank you guys for the help and all, but your probably white.

Not going to university is UN acceptable in the asian/chinese families. So unless you can change races, dont be telling me this isnt a big ****en issue because it is.

My bad if i am sounding aggressive and you have helped/given me advice
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:57 PM   #68
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
dont be posting shit that will only piss me off more.
You posted shit before, even if that was a joke its vert sexist. I am sorry if that does not sound offensive in china but it sounds very offensive here.

Quote:
Not going to university is UN acceptable in the asian/chinese families. So unless you can change races, dont be telling me this isnt a big ****en issue because it is.
I told you that UTM has space in life sciences. you can join that program instead.

Last edited by L'Étoile : 08-11-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:58 PM   #69
N.Cheng

Hun I don't think your dad will have some mental problem now and your mom may be really upset about it but no matter what happens you have to stay positive and do your best in whatever crappy situation life throws at you. I'm sure your parents will feel much better once this is resolved in whatever way.

I'm a girl btw. And I'm sure you'll end up in University sooner or later /that/ is probably a fact.

Why does everyone always think I'm a boy online x.X
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:59 PM   #70
xiaoliu

I am a male, how am i saying "If only my guidance counsellor was male" a sexist joke?

How does a man confront another man in times of hardship? obviously through fighting, which was a joke i was trying to tell.

are you trying to be racist now saying it might not sound offensive in china but its very offensive here?

You wanna meet up in real life and have this talk face to face?
Old 08-11-2011 at 09:01 PM   #71
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

You sound like a real winner. Glad your offer got recinded.

L'Étoile says thanks to RyanC for this post.

Old 08-11-2011 at 09:03 PM   #72
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
I am a male, how am i saying "If only my guidance counsellor was male" a sexist joke?

How does a man confront another man in times of hardship? obviously through fighting, which was a joke i was trying to tell.

are you trying to be racist now saying it might not sound offensive in china but its very offensive here?

You wanna meet up in real life and have this talk face to face?
Look you need to calm down, respect others, and refrain from all of this, I was trying to help before until you posted that sexist joke regardless of what sex you are and what did you mean, it sounded sexist and horrible. Instead of apologizing you chose to attack me personally. Now you need to calm yourself down and think about what Sara told you, join a different university apply now before their seats fill up too. I went on the website and UTM has space in life sciences program.

P.S. physically confronting your guidance councilor male or female is considered an assault and you might end up in jail. now that is shameful when it comes to your chinese family. Keep that in mind.

Last edited by L'Étoile : 08-11-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2011 at 09:03 PM   #73
xiaoliu

Thanks ryan, appreciate the comments.

anyhow, sorry cheng for calling you a man..

RyanC likes this.
Old 08-11-2011 at 09:04 PM   #74
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:
The only person/s that could probably relate to me right now is cheng because he's asian. I thank you guys for the help and all, but your probably white.

My bad if i am sounding aggressive and you have helped/given me advice
This type of thought and ideology is whats wrong with the world it is what facilitates modern day conflict. All races value education not just the asian community. In retrospect it is not a big deal, reason being lets say you don't get in you can easily obtain just as good of an education from another university and achieve whatever you had initially planned.

Last edited by Commie8507 : 08-11-2011 at 09:08 PM.

britb, L'Étoile, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 08-11-2011 at 09:05 PM   #75
N.Cheng

If you don't want to apply to any of the universities listed, then you don't have to but as of right now I don't think we can help anymore.

To summarize, your options for now are:

1. Apply to another university just in case
2. Wait until Aug 22

If you get in then:

1. Yay

If you don't get in then:

1. Go to another University if you applied
2. Get a job and reapply next year

j0sh, ~*Sara*~ like this.