MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN Help Urgent Desda Computers & Tech 24 09-23-2010 11:39 AM
Offer Rescinded laiac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-04-2010 01:36 PM
Going to visit McMaster today to speak about rescinded offer - who should I contact? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 03:46 PM
McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 07-19-2010 07:41 AM
McMaster Rescinded Offer???????!!!! MacRK101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-16-2010 12:24 PM

Need urgent help - Offer rescinded

Old 08-04-2011 at 03:19 PM   #46
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
Okay so i just got off the phone with the tdsb transcript, and they added the two and now i have my ossd.

should i still write the appeal? if i do should i write it as if it wasn't my fault in the first place or sincere and begging?

Thanks
Follow Alchemist's post above. It pretty much covers everything you need to say.
Old 08-11-2011 at 07:35 PM   #47
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

so i went, all in all i had to write an appeal, and this is what they said

Hello Xiao,11544085,
I have met with the Admissions Review Committee regarding your appeal. You will need to wait for a decision until North Toronto CI opens on August 22, 2011 to provide an explanation as to what transpired regarding your ILC studies. When we receive that information, we would review your appeal again.

There is no guarantee that we would be able to accommodate you so in the meantime, you may decide to check the Admission Information Service at the OUAC site to determine which other universities are still accepting applications.
Best Regards,

Now what? this is starting to piss me off even more now....I mean they have proof from ouac and from virtual high school saying my 2 credits were done before june 30, why do they need to ask my highschool more questions?
Old 08-11-2011 at 07:40 PM   #48
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

That does not look promising, I am sorry but worst comes to worst you can take a year off and work and while is that happening you can apply again.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-11-2011 at 07:41 PM   #49
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

It's probably some sort of retarded procedure they have to follow through. It's completely unfair for you but I mean there's nothing much you can do. All you can do is wait? And look into other options/prepare yourself just in case you do get in again.
Old 08-11-2011 at 07:54 PM   #50
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

When i saw ur post I clicked on it, and i saw over 10 posts so i was like nm lol
Old 08-11-2011 at 07:56 PM   #51
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Although this is horrible, you have to move fast! Don't just accept the circumstances and dread it. If I were you, I would look look at the OUAC website. It shows you the universities which still have spaces in programs. Apply to some of them and transfer after first year to Mac! That way, you won't waste a year and you'll have a back-up in case the appeal isn't accepted .
Website: http://webapp.ouac.on.ca/webapp/refe...erchant_rn=100

L'Étoile says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

chelseac likes this.
Old 08-11-2011 at 07:58 PM   #52
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

@Sara Never knew you could do that, that is amazing. @ OP do what Sara tells you its the best thing to do right now !!!

Old 08-11-2011 at 08:04 PM   #53
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

You should apply to another university asap. The likelihood of them giving you a spot after the 22nd is slim to none especially if you are in the sciences.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:15 PM   #54
xiaoliu

@ Sara, i just followed the link and none of the universities that i got accepted into were found after i had typed in the necessary information...
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:18 PM   #55
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:
@ Sara, i just followed the link and none of the universities that i got accepted into were found after i had typed in the necessary information...
That list consists of universities still accepting application. You should apply just in case you don't get a spot at mac
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:19 PM   #56
xiaoliu

i am going to call all the other universities tomorrow morning to see if they are still available for students.

is there a high level mac person that i can talk to about this or what? because when i see my guidance counsellor on the 22nd, i am gonna ****en be pissed off
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:20 PM   #57
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Quote:
i am going to call all the other universities tomorrow morning to see if they are still available for students.

is there a high level mac person that i can talk to about this or what? because when i see my guidance counsellor on the 22nd, i am gonna ****en be pissed off
omg, that link sara sent you consists of the universities/programs still accepting. Find the ones you like and apply on ouac. No reason to call them.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:30 PM   #58
xiaoliu

i dont want to go to any of those universities. i am going to talk with my brother tonight...about this ****en bullshit scenario.

Is there any way for me to personally talk to the admission review supervisor? Because i don't understand why this scenario has to wait until august 22, 2011. I have supported my case with enough proof from both ouac and virtual high school saying that i had those 2 courses done by the june 30. I followed the criterias set out by mcmaster university to the dot and now my chances of going into the university that i should already be in is slim. This is not fair for me or my parents who are worried sick at home. This was an issue that has been here for over a month and it has been something that i have been on top of ever since then. Is there no way i can get a definite answer of whether i am able to attend mcaster in the fall season? After our talk in person and with the review being written, it should be pretty clear that this was not my fault. This is a problem that my guidance counsellor and high school administrators had reassured me that it won't be. Now with the appeal being reviewed it is placing me with people who have not met the standards set out by the university. This is not a boat that i should be in, because i have met these conditions. The two marks that were not placed into ouac by my highschool is not something i have control over. Why am i going to be penalized for the university that i had wanted to attend since grade 9 be because of the fault of my highschool administrators?

Xiao Liu

thats what i emailed back olivia....this is ****en bullshit
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:31 PM   #59
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

If you don't get accepted again this year, did anyone say what your chances are to be accepted next year? I don't really see the point in attending some random University and spending money on tuition when you can use the time and get a job to save up some money before getting accepted back into Mac the next year. Like if you get accepted into your second choice university or something then you should probably go for it but I don't think you should just attend any random university if you have a good chance of getting in next year.

Edit: BTW did you send exactly what you posted there to Olivia? Because I think when dealing with them you have to be completely formal and I see you not capitalizing your 'I's and a few grammar mistakes here and there. Not trying to insult you or anything but I think when you sound formal and have proper grammar it has more of an effect.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:32 PM   #60
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

From the link that sara posted I can see that Toronto/Mississauga has still space in Life Sciences and the minimum avg required is 83.0

... well to be honest you should not have done online school.

Last edited by L'Étoile : 08-11-2011 at 08:34 PM.