MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Potential Greyhound Lockout nerual Automotive & Transportation 1 08-10-2010 02:22 PM
who are potential employers for engineering co-op students? jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-02-2010 08:57 PM
Potential Increase in Dental Plan Fees Boccaccio MacInsiders Announcements 7 03-02-2010 08:04 AM
Potential TA strike fasailuddin General Discussion 72 10-24-2009 10:47 PM
Attention Potential Graduates! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-24-2008 12:23 PM

Potential strike...

Old 08-24-2009 at 11:39 PM   #61
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish101 View Post
why would they go on a strike.. they are lucky that they have a job in this recession!
I've asked the same question and got an answer. One that everyone can see too , have a look above, and you'll be surprised

.:callen:. likes this.
Old 08-24-2009 at 11:59 PM   #62
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Since we're talking about Canadian Auto Workers on Campus, does anyone find that those big black trucks that drive around campus look just like those Russian trucks in every world war 2 movie that drop communist troops off? I wonder what's actually inside of them :p.
LOL yes I've only seen that once (because I've only really visited mac a couple of times) and I was wondering the same thing when I saw it. I'm like do they have troops in those or what?

Old 08-25-2009 at 12:16 AM   #63
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
You sure do have an active imagination
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
LOL yes I've only seen that once (because I've only really visited mac a couple of times) and I was wondering the same thing when I saw it. I'm like do they have troops in those or what?
HA! I knew I wasn't the only one that noticed this . Contrary to what PTGregD's comment implied, I may not be insane .
Old 08-25-2009 at 12:24 AM   #64
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
HA! I knew I wasn't the only one that noticed this . Contrary to what PTGregD's comment implied, I may not be insane .
I think there is something they don't want us to know about. and PTGregD's in on it .

As for the strike it doesn't seem like its going to be anything serious other than being really annoying with services being canceled/delayed/cut back.

Old 08-25-2009 at 12:27 AM   #65
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
I think there is something they don't want us to know about. and PTGregD's in on it .
Heh, I was thinking the same thing at first. Maybe as a commerce student he is making his first big business deals in trafficking old soviet weapons and other military equipment :p.
Old 08-25-2009 at 12:36 AM   #66
Bobble

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish101 View Post
why would they go on a strike.. they are lucky that they have a job in this recession!
Perhaps because they're pissed at the people in charge of managing the university's money who failed to plan for the fact that the stock market doesn't always grow, grow, grow?

You know, from time to time, it might be worth looking at the people who had power and control and ask wtf they were doing with it rather than dumping on the people who have the least amount of control over what the university does with its money.

Parnian likes this.
Old 08-25-2009 at 12:39 AM   #67
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Heh, I was thinking the same thing at first. Maybe as a commerce student he is making his first big business deals in trafficking old soviet weapons and other military equipment :p.
Nah military equipment is too hard to smuggle in. I'm sure he has a batch of iPhone knock offs hes going to sell. We'll see what Apple has to say about this.

And yes people in power usually suck at what they do. Its a weird thing this world.

Old 08-25-2009 at 12:42 AM   #68
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm surprised Dillon has yet to associate the term "Strike" with the term "Tactical Nuclear."
Old 08-25-2009 at 12:45 AM   #69
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

just had a nice idea: why dont we boycott SOLAR??
It's agravating enough to use it, may as well complain....officiall y
Old 08-25-2009 at 01:24 AM   #70
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I'm surprised Dillon has yet to associate the term "Strike" with the term "Tactical Nuclear."
O... m... g...

*Runs around flailing arms screaming about Armageddon and then proceeds to accidentally collide face-first with a lamp post) *

Mowicz likes this.
Old 08-25-2009 at 01:34 AM   #71
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
just had a nice idea: why dont we boycott SOLAR??
It's agravating enough to use it, may as well complain....officiall y
Great idea! However, I don't think anyone would be able to avoid the temptation of getting on SOLAR before anyone else does! And even then, you'd go on to find it FULL >.<
Old 08-25-2009 at 04:12 AM   #72
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Haha ya it wouldn't work out too well I dont think.

Old 08-25-2009 at 06:43 AM   #73
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post

EDIT: LOL I mean seriously...I went in, and I was like "How can I be getting an entrance scholarship...if I'm in my final year?" and the lady didn't know what to say.
You would (or maybe wouldn't) be surprised at the number of people in office jobs who are not qualified. They're hired for any number of reasons, many of which have nothing to do with skill or competence.
Old 08-25-2009 at 08:07 AM   #74
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Sorry if this has been answered..

The CAW members that may strike are the "non academic staff" of the university. That includes the offices of CSD, Career Services, Financial Aid, Student Liaison, Titles, Residences, and many more (I assume this includes La Piazza).

Mac will take the staff who are not part of CAW from each of these offices (probably 2 or 3 people per 20 person office) and distribute them around the school in places they are absolutely needed, like CSD. The school won't close and vital offices will be open. Everything will just be really, really slow.

Rakim says thanks to HeatherH for this post.
Old 08-25-2009 at 08:23 AM   #75
PilotMal

Liked: 30 Times

Am I the only one that thinks this is really, really annoying/stupid?
I'm getting sick of all these people with good jobs, well PAYING jobs, complaining when there's people who've been laid off and totally screwed over. At least you have a job!

*shakes head*

reeves, syaseen, Taunton, ~*Sara*~ like this.