MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Psych 1x03 kuruczpa Academics 9 09-13-2010 09:08 PM
Psych 1X03 goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 109 11-11-2009 07:18 AM
psych 1x03 Alessia First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-18-2009 01:27 PM
Psych 1X03 niteskie General Discussion 6 09-09-2009 10:36 PM
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM

Psych 1X03

Old 12-13-2008 at 03:54 PM   #31
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Psych 1X03
I'm not exactly sure how much this course has changed over the years, but this year, Psych 1A03 got renamed to Psych 1X03.

So this course introduced you to some of the most basic concepts and theories in psychology. I'd say this a pretty unique course in the fact that all lectures were...

Last edited by dvy88 : 12-13-2008 at 04:05 PM.

all say thanks to davey for this post.

like this.
Old 07-23-2009 at 09:15 PM   #30
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meejo View Post
Last year, he also did a few bonus-lectures just for fun at MDCL on some nights. Topics included "why people swear" and other FYI things.

PS: SAVE LECTURE LINKS! THIS WILL SAVE YOUR LIVES COME MIDTERM/EXAM TIME!
lol I discovered that randomly but tried to keep it on the down low because I was afraid dr kim would disable that... anyways the bad thing about that is that you may end up putting off lectures and it's easier to get them done when they are released.
Old 08-12-2009 at 05:05 PM   #31
grey's_fan

Liked: 0 Times
My schedule only shows one weekly 50 minute class, and no tutorial for this course. Since the lectures are videos, is this possible? OR, is it more likely my timetable just got screwed up?
Old 08-12-2009 at 05:11 PM   #32
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Nope! That's how it's supposed to be . Don't worry about it.

grey's_fan says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-22-2009 at 09:20 PM   #33
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times
How hard is it to get a double digit grade in this course? As well, are the multiple choice questions really tricky for this course?
Old 08-23-2009 at 01:11 AM   #34
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
How hard is it to get a double digit grade in this course? As well, are the multiple choice questions really tricky for this course?
it's definitely not impossible to get a double digit grade...i think i ended up with a 10? as long as you practice the multiple choice questions they give out during the tutorial and learn how to solve those questions, you should be okay. usually on the midterm and exam, they take some tutorial questions and tweak it a bit so that it's still something similar to you, but a different question at the same time.

and i thought that the MC questions were kiiind of tricky, which is why you really have to know your stuff and read the question carefully

daisy, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to shleyaa for this post.
Old 08-23-2009 at 01:15 AM   #35
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times
Thanks for the info. As well, how many web modules do you get per week and how long are they in duration?
Old 08-23-2009 at 01:17 AM   #36
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
Thanks for the info. As well, how many web modules do you get per week and how long are they in duration?
There is 1-2 modules per week and each are around 45minutes give or take 10 minutes.

That's if you keep it running the entire time. Some people like to pause in order to take notes.
Old 08-23-2009 at 11:17 AM   #37
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Generally, it took me double the length of the lecture to get through (pausing and note taking) but I guess because I wrote nearly everything down and also organized it into charts as I was going through the lecture.

daisy says thanks to sinthusized for this post.
Old 08-23-2009 at 03:01 PM   #38
Al-mansi

Liked: 0 Times
Thanks a lot guys, this is really helpful. I will be taking this course in September so I’m just wondering if anyone has the link for last year’s lectures...I’m sort of paranoid about going back to school because it has been a good while for me, i just want to get a head start
Old 08-23-2009 at 03:02 PM   #39
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Did you find that you needed most of the information in the videos, i.e. is it better to copy "everything" important that's said in the video? Or are the key points all you'll need for tests/exams?
Old 08-23-2009 at 06:04 PM   #40
shleyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-mansi View Post
Thanks a lot guys, this is really helpful. I will be taking this course in September so I’m just wondering if anyone has the link for last year’s lectures...I’m sort of paranoid about going back to school because it has been a good while for me, i just want to get a head start
Hmm...I don't think you'll be able to view the lectures, as they put them up one by one (or sometimes two at a time) as the week progresses...I don't think you'd be able to view last year's lectures either, because although they're posted up on my WebCT account, they wouldn't be for you since you aren't registered in the 08/09 Psych course.

Old 08-23-2009 at 06:07 PM   #41
shleyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Did you find that you needed most of the information in the videos, i.e. is it better to copy "everything" important that's said in the video? Or are the key points all you'll need for tests/exams?
For me, I found that writing down all the important stuff in the video helped me understand the lecture in more detail. I think it just depends on the person...some people are able to recall detailed lectures by just going over the key terms and stuff, but I just like having all the points there for any references I need in the future

Old 08-23-2009 at 09:03 PM   #42
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Ooh great, I rather have detailed notes too . Did you find that you referred to the textbook often, or just for clarifications?
Old 08-23-2009 at 09:27 PM   #43
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Ooh great, I rather have detailed notes too . Did you find that you referred to the textbook often, or just for clarifications?
The textbook is not mandatory and I think it's a waste of money. I don't know anyone who bought it last year.
Old 08-23-2009 at 09:53 PM   #44
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Ohh, really?! So none of the material in the textbook is on tests/exams?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search