MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course at Another University Banshee Academics 1 07-10-2010 12:04 PM
Relationships: Pro/Cons tungo89 Dating & Relationships 13 10-16-2009 11:01 PM
How is University? adam1993 General Discussion 42 03-11-2009 05:56 PM
Sad Truth About Relationships marauderlove General Discussion 2 03-24-2008 10:51 AM

Relationships in a University

Old 09-14-2010 at 01:05 PM   #76
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Lol Soldier is such a douchebag, playing the tough guy on the internet.
Hahaha, real name is "Intelligent"? Please, internet aliases aside, you're a troll. Gtfo.
Old 09-14-2010 at 02:27 PM   #77
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Hahaha, real name is "Intelligent"? Please, internet aliases aside, you're a troll. Gtfo.
now now lets not be mean he just needs a reason to why he can never get a girl and decided to conclude that since hes a 1 there is no way a girl would go out with him so now hes trying to force the concept onto all of us

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 09-14-2010 at 02:33 PM   #78
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
now now lets not be mean he just needs a reason to why he can never get a girl and decided to conclude that since hes a 1 there is no way a girl would go out with him so now hes trying to force the concept onto all of us
Don't use ad hominems or continue to instigate unnecessary feuds..

Old 09-14-2010 at 02:38 PM   #79
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Don't use ad hominems or continue to instigate unnecessary feuds..

oki boss o.o
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:09 PM   #80
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
So...what happens if you ask out someone who is less attractive and still get rejected? That happened to me (years ago...)!
Probably had a girlfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherk View Post
Oh, that's not his real name? I just assumed his parents had planned to raise him as a douchebag, so they gave him a name to match.
That's not even funny, try harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I pity Souldier for being ignorant.
Learn the definition of ignorant, I seem to be the only person in this entire thread that's using logic in their points.
Quote:
dude your point of view is just for short term matters :/ of course at start you are going to look at appearance but thatz just in the end a small factor, honestly after you meet the person and get to know them the whole "1-10" crap gets thrown out the window, unless your in a relationship just for sexual experiance which really shouldnt even be considered a relationship the attractiveness isnt a big of a thing as you think cause once you get to know the person and they have a really great personality you tend to want to hang out with them more and spend more time with them and eventually gradually you might develop feeling for em. that being said doesn't mean thats always the case cause for some people appreance is just too much of a big deal :/ but i know many ppl who are considered a "4-5" to get with "8-10" so that Doctor can take his ph.D explination and shove it up his or his as*s, which ever one you prefer.
You don't know any people who are considered a 4-5 that got with an 8-10, I have thousands of friends and have not seen this.
Quote:
Try adding to the debate, instead of crying troll, it just reconfirms my stance.
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:12 PM   #81
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Oh and lol @ Tailsnake in this thread, I'm one of your facebook friends BJ, I've seen your girlfriend, not only are you both on EXACTLY equal levels of attractiveness, you guys actually look like you can be brother and sister.
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:14 PM   #82
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Relationship status: Single
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:24 PM   #83
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
You don't know any people who are considered a 4-5 that got with an 8-10, I have thousands of friends and have not seen this.
ROFL hahaha im sorry since when the hell did you know me or any of my friends? i have quite a few of these friends and honestly it doesnt matter that one is a 4 with an 8 cause honestly they fit so well together, you shallow piece of trash stop saying all the crap you do notice how your talking about people here and you do notice that its all people here who are disagreeing with you and its these people who your saying are from 1-10 and sum here are probably 7+ and they disagreeing meaning they do date ppl regardless of the "level" of attractiveness. and ROFL as for your "thousands of FRIENDS" imaginary friends cant really be brought into this discussion so yea what you mean to say is your 2 REAL friends dont do that
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:39 PM   #84
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Try adding to the debate, instead of crying troll, it just reconfirms my stance.
Try adding to the debate? For what cause? You are only causing trouble and getting people infuriated.
Besides, who are you to objectify people and put a number on them?

Who are you to say who is attractive and who isn't?

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:43 PM   #85
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
ROFL hahaha im sorry since when the hell did you know me or any of my friends? i have quite a few of these friends and honestly it doesnt matter that one is a 4 with an 8 cause honestly they fit so well together, you shallow piece of trash stop saying all the crap you do notice how your talking about people here and you do notice that its all people here who are disagreeing with you and its these people who your saying are from 1-10 and sum here are probably 7+ and they disagreeing meaning they do date ppl regardless of the "level" of attractiveness. and ROFL as for your "thousands of FRIENDS" imaginary friends cant really be brought into this discussion so yea what you mean to say is your 2 REAL friends dont do that
Good lord, do you know what periods are? That was barely comprehensible, your grammar is atrocious. Is English your second language? I'm in shock right now knowing that you are a student at the same university I go to, McMaster needs higher acceptance standards.

I also like how you first argue that I don't know you or your friends, and then proceed to say I have no friends when you don't know me or my friends.
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:48 PM   #86
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I believe Souldier's point about people of equal attractiveness tending to end up with each other is true. I remember hearing about it in high school APS class. I wouldn't really put it on evolution though as I would as much as society.

In like the 1920s in North America, a chubz girl was what was desirable. That's why when you look at wedding photos from a long time ago, you often think "how the hell did he end up with her?" and maybe even vice-versa.

What people think is 'hawt' changes a lot.

Also, that guy's experiment was pretty lame. If you tell them "go for the person with a higher number stuck on their head", that's what they're gonna do...

Last edited by Ownaginatios : 09-14-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:52 PM   #87
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I highly doubt that Soudier has "thousands" of friends. No one has thousands of friends. And by friends I mean people you actually talk to on a regular basis and who actually KNOW you, not just that you have 1000 of randomly added people on facebook. I also highly dount that the guy in the youtube video is a doctor. Anyone can put on a lab coat and call themselves that. I think Souldier is so far out of depth here, it's not even funny.
Old 09-14-2010 at 03:53 PM   #88
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Try adding to the debate? For what cause? You are only causing trouble and getting people infuriated.
Besides, who are you to objectify people and put a number on them?

Who are you to say who is attractive and who isn't?
Why do you pretend like there is no innate scale of attractiveness built in all of us. Every person can roughly agree as to which guy/girl is hot, which is average, and which is ugly. See, this right here, this is what ignorance is, acting like humans aren't superficial creatures. We're designed to be superficial, we're designed to mate with attractive people, going against that would be going against your natural urges, you are in essence fooling yourselves. If you want to settle for mediocre and ugly people, and trick yourself into being happy and finding them attractive out of cognitive dissonance, then that's none of my concern, I just want you to know, you did not get to this place out of your own will, you got here because of drawing the genetic short stick.
Old 09-14-2010 at 04:00 PM   #89
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I believe Souldier's point about people of equal attractiveness tending to end up with each other is true. I remember hearing about it in high school APS class. I wouldn't really put it on evolution though as I would as much as society.

In like the 1920s in North America, a chubz girl was what was desirable. That's why when you look at wedding photos from a long time ago, you often think "how the hell did he end up with her?" and maybe even vice-versa.

What people think is 'hawt' changes a lot.

Also, that guy's experiment was pretty lame. If you tell them "go for the person with a higher number stuck on their head", that's what they're gonna do...
That experiment was meant to be a simple and effective analogy for what goes on in real life. The attractive tall guy, get's the attractive girl in 95% of cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I highly doubt that Soudier has "thousands" of friends. No one has thousands of friends. And by friends I mean people you actually talk to on a regular basis and who actually KNOW you, not just that you have 1000 of randomly added people on facebook. I also highly dount that the guy in the youtube video is a doctor. Anyone can put on a lab coat and call themselves that. I think Souldier is so far out of depth here, it's not even funny.
I don't want to turn this into an e-dick measuring contest out of who has more facebook friends because I couldn't care less about facebook. I do have a facebook with over 1000 friends, I have met all of those people in real life, they all know me and I know them. I did not randomly add them, the majority added me, clearly I don't talk to all of them on a regular basis.

That clip was from a TV special, you think they're going to get a random dude with a lab coat? Of course not, now you're just being asinine, you're in full fledged denial right now.
Old 09-14-2010 at 04:05 PM   #90
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Good lord, do you know what periods are? That was barely comprehensible, your grammar is atrocious. Is English your second language? I'm in shock right now knowing that you are a student at the same university I go to, McMaster needs higher acceptance standards.

I also like how you first argue that I don't know you or your friends, and then proceed to say I have no friends when you don't know me or my friends.
oh im sorry i never knew that in a forum grammar is the most essential thing :o i was under the impression that most ppl at this point in time in life would have that basic congnative function of being able to read what sumone wrote and make sense of it without there having to be PERIODS. but then again there are those few ppl without those basic functions im truly sorry if it took every ounce of your knowledge to comprehend what i wrote poor kid stay on the topic of this discussion thread must be tiring being hated all the time