MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course at Another University Banshee Academics 1 07-10-2010 12:04 PM
Relationships: Pro/Cons tungo89 Dating & Relationships 13 10-16-2009 11:01 PM
How is University? adam1993 General Discussion 42 03-11-2009 05:56 PM
Sad Truth About Relationships marauderlove General Discussion 2 03-24-2008 10:51 AM

Relationships in a University

Old 09-11-2010 at 10:28 PM   #61
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
You're generally not supposed to reply to A-Holes online, it just gives them more fuel; it's like paying attention to a 3 year-old throwing a temper tantrum
Thanks, Tailsnake. Ar least someone cares enough to call others an a-hole.
Old 09-11-2010 at 10:31 PM   #62
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 27 Times

There really ought to be a DISLIKE button for trolls... too many dislikes and you're banned from MI. Then the troll would just crawl back under the bridge.
Old 09-11-2010 at 10:57 PM   #63
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

You guys really need to look up the definition of trolling, offering a completely logical and well thought out argument, which in this case is the truth, is not trolling. Watch this video, it explains my point, my point is supported by SCIENCE, in studies conducted by DOCTORS. How did any of you even get into university? So clueless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1oMfs8nWY

In this video, the people with high numbers ended with high numbers, and same with the low numbers and same with numbers in the middle. This happens in real life, just like the motherf*cking dude with the Ph.D explained and said it does in the video, if you get rejected again and again from the opposite sex, you lower your standards. If you get a lot of offers from the opposite sex, you raise your standards. The truth hurts, but this is how the world works, it doesn't mean you guys have to cry about it and claim troll because your feeble minds can't come up with a counter argument.

Last edited by Souldier : 09-11-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2010 at 11:24 PM   #64
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Thanks, Tailsnake. Ar least someone cares enough to call others an a-hole.
It can take quite a bit of effort to ignore people like that online. What's really annoying is that 80% of them wouldn't make a peep in a real social setting but love to harass other people behind the veil of internet anonymity.

Just keep ignoring their posts and they'll get bored and leave

lizziepizzie says thanks to Tailsnake for this post.

Old 09-12-2010 at 03:09 PM   #65
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
No, they're not lying, the reason you got rejected was probably because you were punching above your weight, if you ask someone out who is on the same level of attractiveness as you, you would probably not get rejected. I'd imagine the fact that you got rejected hurt your self esteem, you probably proceeded to rationalize that the guy that rejected you was a douchebag and you're better off without him, in order to cope with the rejection. It was also a learning experience for you, from now on, you will probably never ask a guy out as good looking as the one that rejected you, because you know it would be pointless and you fear rejection, and you will only ask out guys who are on the same level as you.
So...what happens if you ask out someone who is less attractive and still get rejected? That happened to me (years ago...)!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-12-2010 at 03:58 PM   #66
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
You guys really need to look up the definition of trolling, offering a completely logical and well thought out argument, which in this case is the truth, is not trolling. Watch this video, it explains my point, my point is supported by SCIENCE, in studies conducted by DOCTORS. How did any of you even get into university? So clueless.

In this video, the people with high numbers ended with high numbers, and same with the low numbers and same with numbers in the middle. This happens in real life, just like the motherf*cking dude with the Ph.D explained and said it does in the video, if you get rejected again and again from the opposite sex, you lower your standards. If you get a lot of offers from the opposite sex, you raise your standards. The truth hurts, but this is how the world works, it doesn't mean you guys have to cry about it and claim troll because your feeble minds can't come up with a counter argument.
I would just like to point out that Souldier's so-called "real name" is "Intelligent Being."As far as what you call yourself goes, I don't think you can get much more conceited than that.
Old 09-12-2010 at 09:40 PM   #67
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Damn. I never thought that a thread that I made would have this many replies.

Again, thank you everyone for all the advices, replies and suggestions. I have read through all of them (and I mean ALL OF THEM) and I have found quite a lot of good information.

And I agree with the guys being just as shy as girls; gender doesn't separate guys and girls in terms of capabilities.

Also, lolwtf @ troll pic.

P.S. Sorry for not replying earlier - I have been busy with work.
Old 09-12-2010 at 09:44 PM   #68
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I don't think the attractiveness thing matters unless you're interested in somebody really shallow. A super hot person still looks for what you can offer them that's different and unique and considerate and caring - not how many abs your abs have.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

AdelaisAer, lizziepizzie all say thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.

AdelaisAer, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 09-12-2010 at 09:47 PM   #69
kristopherk

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
I would just like to point out that Souldier's so-called "real name" is "Intelligent Being."As far as what you call yourself goes, I don't think you can get much more conceited than that.
Oh, that's not his real name? I just assumed his parents had planned to raise him as a douchebag, so they gave him a name to match.

Old 09-12-2010 at 09:53 PM   #70
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Hey hey hey guys, come on, let's not fight. Please. I don't want the mods to close this thread down!
Just ignore that guy.
Old 09-14-2010 at 11:34 AM   #71
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

I pity Souldier for being ignorant.
Old 09-14-2010 at 11:38 AM   #72
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
So...what happens if you ask out someone who is less attractive and still get rejected? That happened to me (years ago...)!
hmm maybe they were gay? so they rejected you cause your a girl.....unless you asked out a girl and maybe she was straight?....one or the other i think
Old 09-14-2010 at 11:42 AM   #73
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
hmm maybe they were gay? so they rejected you cause your a girl.....unless you asked out a girl and maybe she was straight?....one or the other i think
LOL I got asked out by a guy who was gay once. I don't think he was actually POSITIVE he was gay yet, but I could tell he was. I didn't even want to go, I happened to go to the bathroom and came back to find that my friend had agreed to meet him and a friend to double date. I told her he was gay and she said "so what?" THAT was a disaster.
Old 09-14-2010 at 11:46 AM   #74
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:

dude your point of view is just for short term matters :/ of course at start you are going to look at appearance but thatz just in the end a small factor, honestly after you meet the person and get to know them the whole "1-10" crap gets thrown out the window, unless your in a relationship just for sexual experiance which really shouldnt even be considered a relationship the attractiveness isnt a big of a thing as you think cause once you get to know the person and they have a really great personality you tend to want to hang out with them more and spend more time with them and eventually gradually you might develop feeling for em. that being said doesn't mean thats always the case cause for some people appreance is just too much of a big deal :/ but i know many ppl who are considered a "4-5" to get with "8-10" so that Doctor can take his ph.D explination and shove it up his or his as*s, which ever one you prefer.

Last edited by bloodywarz : 09-14-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-14-2010 at 11:47 AM   #75
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
LOL I got asked out by a guy who was gay once. I don't think he was actually POSITIVE he was gay yet, but I could tell he was. I didn't even want to go, I happened to go to the bathroom and came back to find that my friend had agreed to meet him and a friend to double date. I told her he was gay and she said "so what?" THAT was a disaster.
ROFL hahaha oh man that must have been an "interesting" date XD