STATS 2B03 vs STATS 2D03 jhan523 Academics 2 06-13-2009 12:53 AM

Stats 2B03

Old 12-19-2008 at 02:30 PM   #46
phana2

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Stats 2B03
STATS 2B03
Statistical Methods for Science
Prerequisite: One of Grade 12 Data Management U, STATS 1A03 or registration in Level II or above of a program in the Faculty of Science
Instructor: Dr. Aaron Childs
Lectures: Three 1 hour lectures per week + one (optional) 1...

all say thanks to phana2 for this post.

like this.
Old 09-02-2010 at 10:17 PM   #45
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
LOL, yeah. When I opened the page on the site I saw more than one prof and almost had a heart attack. Then I saw Childs was in my core and smiled smugly...finally, payoff for dragging myself out of bed a quarter to six (there are FARMERS who are asleep then!).
Old 09-02-2010 at 11:56 PM   #46
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times
ya well yet again mcmaster hates me n decides to put him at 8:30 lol n gives me sarr lmao i hope this karma goes away at somepoint ...woot 8:30s again
Old 09-03-2010 at 08:06 AM   #47
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times
Does anyone know the exact title of the textbook, is it on Amazon?
Old 09-03-2010 at 08:09 AM   #48
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
Does anyone know the exact title of the textbook, is it on Amazon?
The exact title will be on the Titles website. It might be on Amazon, but not necessarily for cheaper.
Old 09-03-2010 at 08:15 AM   #49
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times
Yes, I checked but the title "BIOSTATISTICS PKG WITH MINITAB AND STUDENT SOL MANUAL" doesn't help me too much, unfortunately.
Old 09-03-2010 at 08:20 AM   #50
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
Yes, I checked but the title "BIOSTATISTICS PKG WITH MINITAB AND STUDENT SOL MANUAL" doesn't help me too much, unfortunately.
What else are you looking for? Based on that, the title is "Biostatistics", and if you buy it new from Titles it comes packaged with Minitab and the Student Solutions Manual. You can use the title and author, or the ISBN to search on Amazon. The ISBN is for the whole package, so if you're just looking for the book on its own you're probably better off searching using the title and author.
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:06 AM   #51
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Personally, I thought he was terrible. He moved way too slowly (we only learned just over half of the course), he spoke so quietly that even in the front row I had trouble hearing him, and he would waste so much time teaching random stuff we didn't need to know (either stuff that was easy common-sense unnecessary, or random proof beyond the scope of the course unnecessary). It's actually the very first course where I learned more from the textbook than the lectures...and I am NOT a textbook learner. Because we were so behind, he kept delaying the due dates for our assignments because it would be the day before they're due and we hadn't covered the material yet, but I'd already done them so I always ended up teaching myself the stuff on the assignments. I pretty much taught myself the course...well, half of it, anyways With two other profs who won't be so behind, I'm not sure how it will work--assuming you all write the same tests and have the same assignment due dates, hopefully he'll go somewhat faster.
Yeah, I can't believe I survived that summer. It was more agonizing than Chinese water torture and Hodgkins' lymphoma combined.

Anyways, I ended up doing well in his course. Just read the book (if you're a textbook learner) and/or do the questions in the textbook, and you'll be fine.
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:11 PM   #52
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times
Does anyone know if the course has iclicker? because im in core 1 and i want to switch to core 3 but cant and im hoping i can take the course with childs
Old 09-04-2010 at 01:48 PM   #53
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ.MVP View Post
Does anyone know if the course has iclicker? because im in core 1 and i want to switch to core 3 but cant and im hoping i can take the course with childs
It doesn't state that it's a requirement in the book list.
Old 09-04-2010 at 02:29 PM   #54
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It doesn't state that it's a requirement in the book list.
sweet so we can go to any core right?
Old 09-04-2010 at 02:31 PM   #55
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Provided it's not full. If it is you should leave (unless you are actually registered in that core).
Old 09-04-2010 at 02:37 PM   #56
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
If the room is full (or even looks close to full near the beginning of class), then you should leave if you're not registered. You're taking the seat of someone who is legitimately registered in that section and is supposed to be there--people shouldn't have to get there early and fight with people from other sections just to get a seat in their class. Since there are different profs, going to a mixture of two sections might be confusing, depending how closely their lectures synch up.

In theory, yes you can go to any core, but in reality it might be a bit more complicated.
Old 09-08-2010 at 08:45 PM   #58
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
any info on VOLTERMAN??
heard that he is ok, but dr. childs is highly recommended, i just switched into core 3, if u dont mind 8:30 classes then switch into it.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search