MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
Your opinion on the MSU lorend General Discussion 14 11-18-2009 12:53 AM
HSR bus stops - your opinion now adrian General Discussion 65 11-11-2009 12:26 AM
Opinion Please frantic General Discussion 5 05-06-2009 01:36 AM
Body Art Series Pt1: Tattoos kokosas Misc 8 06-30-2008 09:18 AM

tattoos on girls: your opinion

Old 09-28-2010 at 07:23 PM   #16
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I generally don't agree with committing to anything long-term, like a tattoo. More often than not, you will regret it later on.

...But I'm also powerless to stop anyone from doing something they really want, so knock yourself out.

Everything else (and even the above, actually) has been said already.

If you must, get a tattoo of something that'll look like something else when your skin gets dry wrinkly. Like a grape.

AelyaS, Amaryll like this.
Old 09-28-2010 at 07:27 PM   #17
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

The only thing tattoos effect are first impressions..

If, however, I meet an amazing girl who happens to have one of these colourful intentional skin mutilation, I won't hold it against her.
Old 09-28-2010 at 07:35 PM   #18
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Generally I think tatoos on anyone are acceptable as long as the tatoo is appropriate. The only time I've ever found a tatoo to be unacceptable is while I was working as a lifeguard a girl, roughly 6 years of age, came to open swim. She had a full coiled cobra all the way up and around her right arm. This was not a temporary tatoo, I asked the parents... It was a legit tatoo. That's just wrong...
Old 09-28-2010 at 07:37 PM   #19
Joey

Liked: 17 Times

I have often heard our generation referred to as the inked generation. So many people have some sort of piercing or tattoo on their body.

I had female friends and relatives freak out when I got my second holes in my earlobes. They weren't protesting the actual earrings and much as they were the idea I was doing something out of the 'ordinary'. I can't imagine the grief I would have gotten with a tattoo.

Forget what guys think about it. If it means something to you then they should appreciate it if not then they are not the guy for you.
Old 09-28-2010 at 07:39 PM   #20
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I probably should add that you really should consider your future career, as there are many professions where having a tatoo is a no-no. Nurses are a prime example, I believe thats due to possible exposure to the magnetic fields of MRIs though. And public service job will not like any visible tatoos, so keep that in mind.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 09-28-2010 at 07:42 PM   #21
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
Generally I think tatoos on anyone are acceptable as long as the tatoo is appropriate. The only time I've ever found a tatoo to be unacceptable is while I was working as a lifeguard a girl, roughly 6 years of age, came to open swim. She had a full coiled cobra all the way up and around her right arm. This was not a temporary tatoo, I asked the parents... It was a legit tatoo. That's just wrong...

W

T

F
Old 09-28-2010 at 07:42 PM   #22
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
WHAT :|
Old 09-28-2010 at 07:58 PM   #23
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

I've seen some absolutely hilarious tattoos. Band roadies are the best for that kind of stuff.

But with regards to the matter at hand, it all depends on what and where. And, I suppose, how the girl looks initially.

Old 09-28-2010 at 08:04 PM   #24
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
I don't really understand your argument. Tattooing is a form of body ornamentation, just like ear piercings. Does that mean anyone wish their ears (or anything else, for that matter) is unhappy with their bodies?

I'm not going to further an argument since from your tone you might have some form of body ornamentation so anything I do say will come across to you as offensive (even if it is not) and since you are higher up the mac insiders echelon and I like being part of this community I will consider the argument moot (first time I ever said moot thank you big bang theory). I'm just saying be proud of who you are, don't try to glitter yourself up with piercings, tattoos ,makeup etc. Everyone is perfect the way they are.

on the note of tattoos on females however, If a male can do comething then a female can too. (of course there are some physical limits with this saying but i'll leave that up to your imagination of what those are)
Old 09-28-2010 at 08:30 PM   #25
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
I'm not going to further an argument since from your tone you might have some form of body ornamentation so anything I do say will come across to you as offensive (even if it is not) and since you are higher up the mac insiders echelon and I like being part of this community I will consider the argument moot (first time I ever said moot thank you big bang theory). I'm just saying be proud of who you are, don't try to glitter yourself up with piercings, tattoos ,makeup etc. Everyone is perfect the way they are.

on the note of tattoos on females however, If a male can do comething then a female can too. (of course there are some physical limits with this saying but i'll leave that up to your imagination of what those are)

So by your argument... throw out any sort of article of clothing that you like.

[my eyebrow piercing MUST mean that I have some sort of body-image problem. No, I can take it out at any time, I thought I was a 10 long before I ever thought about getting one, it looks bad ass, it suits me, and I like it. Some people can like something without having body issues. True story, bro].

On topic: If it's even crossed your mind to consider other people's opinions and thoughts on whether or not you should get a tattoo, then don't get one.

I plan on getting Vegeta tattooed on my forearm. I don't give a **** what other people may think, I don't care if it'll lose me possible jobs, etc. You do it for you. If you ever, even for a moment, consider/worry about someone's opinion on something that has NO IMPACT ON THEM WHATSOEVER, then you're not ready for whatever it is you intend to do.

Live your own life: **** social norms.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 09-28-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-28-2010 at 08:31 PM   #26
doug

Liked: 82 Times

Since the dawn of man there has been instances with alcohol where people have got tattoos and didn't really want them.

That's when Tattoo Removal was born.

But in all seriousness a couple of friends were thinking about getting a tattoo and they decided to get a temporary one (lasts about 1-2 weeks) and see if they still wanted it after those two weeks.

I suggest doing something similar just to see if it's something you'd really want to have on you for the REST OF YOUR LIFE (cue scary music).
Old 09-28-2010 at 08:33 PM   #27
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
Damn, if you hadn't added that last line, we might have been able to see a girl pee in a urinal.

Amaryll, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 09-28-2010 at 08:44 PM   #28
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Damn, if you hadn't added that last line, we might have been able to see a girl pee in a urinal.
The kids today and their fetishes...
Old 09-28-2010 at 08:56 PM   #29
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
...we might have been able to see a girl pee in a urinal.
You haven't?
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:02 PM   #30
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times

Well I'm not a fan of tattoos. My reasoning being that I, personally, cant see the need to have something permanent on someones skin. Why can't you have a picture or something on your wall/in your purse/wallet etc. I cant think of one thing that is important enough (for me) to put permanently on my body.

I also worked as a lifeguard for 3 years and it seems like every other adult/parent has a tattoo now so for me it doesnt seem unique even though what you are getting on your skin could be unique.

My opinion