MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
Your opinion on the MSU lorend General Discussion 14 11-18-2009 12:53 AM
HSR bus stops - your opinion now adrian General Discussion 65 11-11-2009 12:26 AM
Opinion Please frantic General Discussion 5 05-06-2009 01:36 AM
Body Art Series Pt1: Tattoos kokosas Misc 8 06-30-2008 09:18 AM

tattoos on girls: your opinion

Old 09-28-2010 at 09:42 PM   #46
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Tattoos almost invariably make the girl look worse, and they NEVER make her more attractive. I don't understand why girls uglify their bodies with tattoos. I also don't understand tramp stamps, not only are they generic, but they do make you look like a slut.
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:44 PM   #47
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolean View Post
This.

On these

Hey, a new ice breaker for your pool parties.
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:50 PM   #48
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

tattoo's ultimate tribute? Nah monuments, songs famous tales and picture that last longer tahn human life aren't the ultimate tribute at all.... just a art form that will end up looking distorted with age and eventually decay with your death.... Personally though a tattoo of a tribute to your grandma might be a bit creepy especially if it is in an awkward spot.... **shudder**

Last edited by thedog123123 : 09-28-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:52 PM   #49
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Tattoos on girls are awesome especially if it says something REALLY original like "Carpe Diem" or perhaps a butterfly on their ankle.

Originality ftw.
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:53 PM   #50
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

I think tatoos are cool. That being said, I'll probably never get one.
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:53 PM   #51
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
tattoo's ultimate tribute? Nah monuments, songs famous tales and picture that last longer tahn human life aren't the ultimate tribute at all.... just a art form that will end up looking distorted with age and eventually decay with your death.... Personally though a tattoo of a tribute to your grandma might be a bit creepy especially if it is in an awkward spot.... **shudder**
Yep, because everyone's got access to all of those things.

a) monument? LOL.
b) Song? The song, if you wrote it, will die when you die. Because every song ever made is remembered foreva.
c) Famous tales? Holy ****, we're talking about regular people, idiot.
d) pictures? It's called fire. Among other shit that can easily destroy paper. OH, LIKE RIPPING IT.

Keep trying.

(Clearly all of these things can last for eternity. Good argument, bro).

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-28-2010 at 09:54 PM   #52
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
Tattoos on girls are awesome especially if it says something REALLY original like "Carpe Diem" or perhaps a butterfly on their ankle.

Originality ftw.
IM pretty sure Carpe Diem is an overly used phrase and that probly like a ton of girls have the butterfly on the ankle tatoo. Therefore not REALLY original.
Old 09-28-2010 at 09:57 PM   #53
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
IM pretty sure Carpe Diem is an overly used phrase and that probly like a ton of girls have the butterfly on the ankle tatoo. Therefore not REALLY original.
He was being sarcastic.

And I don't see why there's so much gender bias... Nice to see the real people behind the usernames.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-28-2010 at 09:57 PM   #54
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Old 09-28-2010 at 10:05 PM   #55
darkstar

Liked: 47 Times

I am a guy and I'm getting close to having half my body tattooed. For me tattooing is art and a lifestyle/culture. That doesn't happen without spending lots of time in tattoo studios and knowing lots of girls with tattoos and hearing about their experiences.

I had my sleeves done long before all the inked, miami ink, la ink bullsh*t was on tv which brought about alot acceptance but I still get people pull their children away from me 100 times more then they ask about it. But being a guy i can hide most of time. For a girl its not as easy. If you want a professional job it could hurt you as far as getting hired goes. Mens attire is pretty much long pants and dress shirts. I see lots of girls with little tattoos on their wrist and even with that you will have to wear long sleeves to work forever. Even something on your ankle will mean no skirts to work. Anywhere on your arms mean no sleeveless shirts and your shoulder blades or upper back means no tank top things.

I have also seen girls devistated by not being able to buy the wedding dress they want because it shows a tattoo. I know girls that have had a kid and now they have a wretched disfigurement of a tattoo on their stomach or sides. I know girls that didn't realize sun tanning will ruin a tattoo. I also know girls that have trouble finding a relationship due to their tattoos. I know i have ruled out a solid 90% of the female population in terms of relationships by having so much of my body tattooed.

If you want a tattoo get a tattoo. Don't let people (including me) decide for you. Just have it done right and professional. I don't by into the whole deep meaning crap about your tattoos but whatever you want I always tell people to think about it for at least month to see if you still want it before you have it done.

some of the sexiest women in the world are tattooed but it has to be quality, feminine work. There is a big difference between a girl with really bad skulls and daggers covering her body and one with really professional, pretty flowers or something along those lines. I wouldn't say tattooing can't be feminine but I agree with your friends that its not classy. I know I look like a dirtbag.

And yes it hurts. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of sh*t or their tattoos were done in 20 minute increments.

Joey, lorend, resh.jyoti all say thanks to darkstar for this post.

Old 09-28-2010 at 10:15 PM   #56
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

When you're a Grandmother, you will regret it.
Old 09-28-2010 at 10:24 PM   #57
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

I forgot to add that when you get it done, make sure it's done from some place with an excellent, excellent reputation. If you even have an inkling of doubt about a parlour, don't go there.

I've seen a number of people with disgusting tattoos, tattoos that have faded, as well as people who didn't do their homework about things like needles. Again, it all goes back to where you're getting them done.

And going on what Darkstar said, it's really, really different when girls get it. I mean, it shouldn't be, but not everyone thinks like the people on MI, now do they.
Old 09-28-2010 at 10:34 PM   #58
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Meh, I personally don't like it and don't find it particularly attractive, but then again I'm probably not the guy you're looking for...
Old 09-28-2010 at 10:41 PM   #59
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

I don't mind them at all. There are some, of course, that I find totally stupid, such as "Live Laugh Love" on their lower back or neck or whatever, but I have nothing against cute little ones that actually mean something to the person and aren't done just for the hell of it.

I wouldn't mind getting a small one one day (somewhere hidden, of course), I'm just scared that I'll get sick of it a few years from now, or it'll look gross when wrinkly, or affect me getting a job, etc etc.
Worst fear = finding the most perfect wedding dress EVER but then having tattoos exposed and it looking weird lmao :(

Oh, and I'm deathly afraid of needles and pain, so I'll probably never get one.

Last edited by xo.monica : 09-28-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2010 at 10:50 PM   #60
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Oh, and I'm deathly afraid of needles
Me too. Just dont look. Worked for me!