MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
Your opinion on the MSU lorend General Discussion 14 11-18-2009 12:53 AM
HSR bus stops - your opinion now adrian General Discussion 65 11-11-2009 12:26 AM
Opinion Please frantic General Discussion 5 05-06-2009 01:36 AM
Body Art Series Pt1: Tattoos kokosas Misc 8 06-30-2008 09:18 AM

tattoos on girls: your opinion

Old 09-29-2010 at 11:17 AM   #91
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

sent via pm because i thought forum was down when i got a 500 error.

Last edited by thedog123123 : 09-29-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: read topic.
Old 09-29-2010 at 11:29 AM   #92
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
LOL, oh man.
That would drive me nuts, haha!
I bet it looks nice, though
Oh well.
To each his own!

It's a nice saying, but I wouldn't necessarily want it written on me forever.
Maybe on a poster in my room or a facebook status update, bahah.
I think it's pretty, but I was a little shoched when I saw it. We had just hing out the day before her getting it and when I found out I said, "why didn't you tell me??" She said it was a spur-of-the-moment thing. Apparently she had been thinking about getting one and her Mom was really hesitant but finally let her do it. Its sooooo big though. Personally, I wouldn't want it. And I REALLY thinks she's going t regret it, she has eighth nnotes and quarter noyes on her hip and as she gets older they're going to stretch so they just like like whole notes... ick.

[/quote]Ok, I have to ask this. What's with your sig? I HATE that kid.[/quote]

I really like Sidney Crosby. I just bought a Team Canada hockey Jersey with Crosby written on the back. Do you know why his # is 87? Three reasons: his birthday is August 7th (seventh day of the eighth month) in th year 1987, and he was signed with a $8.7 million contract. Also, Pittsburgh has won every game they have played so far. I just think that's a cool quote. Amd he's a really good representation of Canada.
Old 09-29-2010 at 12:09 PM   #93
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

This:

On my forehead.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

britb, RTinkess31 like this.
Old 09-29-2010 at 01:26 PM   #94
drhorrible

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Might as well go three for three and ask if you watch Castle. This one's serious though. =\
Yes, sir. Browncoats loyalty!

Maegs likes this.
Old 09-29-2010 at 02:34 PM   #95
TheHawk
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

It's a piece of art, so make sure you get it done properly. A good tattoo is going to cost you some cake. Fading and bleeding over time is natural, which is why it is important to maintain it. If it has colour, you will definitely have to get it touched up past the 5 year mark.

I do not see how a tattoo would have any bearing on being a good nurse or not. If you are worried about your image as symbol of health, take a look outside of a hospital emergency room at the nurses and doctors smoking.

If you are health minded, ask the tattoo artist to look over his station and his equipment. Of course you won't be able to give blood for a year after the tattoo (if you are donor), and there is always a risk with tattoos in the case of MRI's and metallic inks (although most artists do not use metallic inks anymore).

As to the guy thing: Who gives a shit!?! You wouldn't let someone dictate any other part of your body, why should this matter to anyone but you?
Old 09-29-2010 at 02:40 PM   #96
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I really like Sidney Crosby. I just bought a Team Canada hockey Jersey with Crosby written on the back. Do you know why his # is 87? Three reasons: his birthday is August 7th (seventh day of the eighth month) in th year 1987, and he was signed with a $8.7 million contract. Also, Pittsburgh has won every game they have played so far. I just think that's a cool quote. Amd he's a really good representation of Canada.
If you ever wear it to school, keep your head up. Don't be surprised if I run over you. And I prefer Canada not be associated with whiny douchebags.
Old 09-29-2010 at 04:19 PM   #97
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Tattoos almost invariably make the girl look worse, and they NEVER make her more attractive. I don't understand why girls uglify their bodies with tattoos. I also don't understand tramp stamps, not only are they generic, but they do make you look like a slut.

I'm getting really f-in sick of this 'tramp stamp' mentality that people have. It just makes you sound judgemental and uneducated....way to just go along with the ridiculous interpretations that society has buddy...way to go.
I have a tattoo on my lower back... and that does not in any way infer that I am a tramp; slut or otherwise. And it's offensive that people like you say things like that. Who's to say that tomorrow we won' be socialized to think that a tattoo on the upper shoulder should be the new tramp stamp? It's a ridiculous notion to infer anyone's personality by the position of a tattoo.
In my case, I wanted my tattoo to be fairly large to get some detail in there, and the lower back made the most sense...
oh but hey, that means I sleep with a different guy every night right? And that I have 3 STD's that I know of and 5 that I don't know about yet... gotta love stereotypes. Grow up.
_____________________ _____________________ _____________________ _______

And to the orignal poster:

First of all, tattoos are a personal choice; much like peircings, hair colour, hair style, clothing choice...etc.
Most of the things about tattoos have already been said; and are true. You should do what you want, keep in mind your future, how it could affect it. Maybe choose a place where it could be covered up, but if you want it right on your forehead then dammit get that tattoo on your forehead.
And who cares if you have a tattoo drooping with your boobs when your 80.... do you really think you're going to stress out about what people think of you at that point... no. lol.
Don't worry about what a guy will think, if a guy doesn't want to date you because of your tattoo, then don't be with him? I feel like if a guy is in love with you, he would be able to see past that ... as its only a tattoo and doesn't change the person you are or your values and personality.
Old 09-29-2010 at 04:56 PM   #98
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhorrible View Post
If you do get it done though, make sure that you have it spelled properly, unlike these poor folks!
http://www.typobuddy.com/blog/index....akes-for-life/
I saw a shop somewhere in Hamilton, forget where, with a sign in the window that said "Find out what your Asian tattoo really says."

I lol'd.
Old 09-29-2010 at 04:56 PM   #99
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Just don't turn into this guy:

Last edited by britb : 09-29-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2010 at 04:58 PM   #100
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
I'm getting really f-in sick of this 'tramp stamp' mentality that people have. It just makes you sound judgemental and uneducated....way to just go along with the ridiculous interpretations that society has buddy...way to go.
I have a tattoo on my lower back... and that does not in any way infer that I am a tramp; slut or otherwise. And it's offensive that people like you say things like that. Who's to say that tomorrow we won' be socialized to think that a tattoo on the upper shoulder should be the new tramp stamp? It's a ridiculous notion to infer anyone's personality by the position of a tattoo.
In my case, I wanted my tattoo to be fairly large to get some detail in there, and the lower back made the most sense...
oh but hey, that means I sleep with a different guy every night right? And that I have 3 STD's that I know of and 5 that I don't know about yet... gotta love stereotypes. Grow up.
_____________________ _____________________ _____________________ _______

And to the orignal poster:

First of all, tattoos are a personal choice; much like peircings, hair colour, hair style, clothing choice...etc.
Most of the things about tattoos have already been said; and are true. You should do what you want, keep in mind your future, how it could affect it. Maybe choose a place where it could be covered up, but if you want it right on your forehead then dammit get that tattoo on your forehead.
And who cares if you have a tattoo drooping with your boobs when your 80.... do you really think you're going to stress out about what people think of you at that point... no. lol.
Don't worry about what a guy will think, if a guy doesn't want to date you because of your tattoo, then don't be with him? I feel like if a guy is in love with you, he would be able to see past that ... as its only a tattoo and doesn't change the person you are or your values and personality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Just don't get a tramp stamp.
Your words fall on deaf ears.
Old 09-29-2010 at 05:02 PM   #101
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Why do you even care what Souldier of all people thinks? Is it my turn to sit back with popcorn and watch you fight it out with him?
Old 09-29-2010 at 05:18 PM   #102
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Quote:
Meh. I personally believe that the OP shouldn't care about what a potential S.O. would think of the tattoo, and should go right ahead with it if she thinks it's something she won't regret.

However, society will have expectations and interpretations, whether we like it or not. Complete disregard of these expectations will often have consequences that can make things difficult for individuals, and some individuals would rather not have to deal with these difficulties. The swastika represents many things in Eastern religions--eternity, the sun--and is generally considered an auspicious symbol. However, society has certain views of it due to its historical significance, and so I'm not going to emblazon it over a shirt--even though I do think it's a nice-looking symbol.

I think it's the same with a "tramp stamp." I believe that if one knows of society's interpretation of it and the response it'll incite, but goes ahead and gets it anyways, one shouldn't ***** and moan when one incites this response. Srsly, you'd know what you were getting yourself into.

RyanC likes this.
Old 09-29-2010 at 05:27 PM   #103
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

I'd go with what someone else suggested earlier, OP. Maybe try temporary tattoos first, the ones that last for a couple weeks, to better gauge how you'd feel about it after a longer period of time.

Me, I personally like the idea of designs scrawled over my skin, but would never go for permanent stuff. So I draw on myself! ( http://amaryllishakatri.devi antart...#Tattoo-Design ) It's fun. If I want it to come off right away--washable pens/markers. If I want it to stay longer--permanent pens and markers. If I'm really liking what I've drawn, I just trace over the design every time it starts fading, until I get tired of it and let it fade away completely. Maybe try that, OP, as it's cheaper than getting those temporary tattoos that last for a couple weeks.
Old 09-29-2010 at 05:27 PM   #104
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
Meh. I personally believe that the OP shouldn't care about what a potential S.O. would think of the tattoo, and should go right ahead with it if she thinks it's something she won't regret.

However, society will have expectations and interpretations, whether we like it or not. Complete disregard of these expectations will often have consequences that can make things difficult for individuals, and some individuals would rather not have to deal with these difficulties. The swastika represents many things in Eastern religions--eternity, the sun--and is generally considered an auspicious symbol. However, society has certain views of it due to its historical significance, and so I'm not going to emblazon it over a shirt--even though I do think it's a nice-looking symbol.

I think it's the same with a "tramp stamp." I believe that if one knows of society's interpretation of it and the response it'll incite, but goes ahead and gets it anyways, one shouldn't ***** and moan when one incites this response. Srsly, you'd know what you were getting yourself into.
"Society says it, it must be right/your fault for not conforming" is a very dangerous mindset.

Some societies say it's perfectly legal for a woman to have her clit chopped off.
Some societies believe in child labour.
etc.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-29-2010 at 05:41 PM   #105
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
"Society says it, it must be right/your fault for not conforming" is a very dangerous mindset.

Some societies say it's perfectly legal for a woman to have her clit chopped off.
Some societies believe in child labour.
etc.
"Society says it, it must be right/your fault for not conforming" is not my mindset. I did not, anywhere in my post, suggest that society always or even mostly right, as the notion is obviously ridiculous. My point is also not that people have the right to freely discriminate against those who go against social norms. Rather, I think that for frivolous things such as bodily decorations that are the decision of the person whose body is being decorated, society has interpretations that will illicit a certain kind of response. In short, if you have a huge problem with people who don't know you at all (why should you care what they think, anyways?) interpreting a tattoo on your lower back as trashy, then don't get it. Or get it and ignore them.

I've a close friend who got a tattoo in that area. People who matter learn that she's a very sweet person. People who don't, she ignores.

Last edited by Amaryll : 09-29-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Grammar.