MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-15-2010 at 09:34 AM   #16
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

You know whats annoying, This <-click

Old 09-15-2010
Needlenose
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-15-2010 at 09:56 AM   #17
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

How can someone using Facebook quietly possibly affect you? It's their 7grand a year, let them do whatever the **** they want. I fail to see how it's distracting at all. Don't look at their screen, simple.

I hate the people that show up 10 minutes early and still take the end seat of an aisle. WHY. Aids isn't air-borne. :@

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

danallan says thanks to lawleypop for this post.

danallan, lorii, RyanC like this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 09:59 AM   #18
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
How can someone using Facebook quietly possibly affect you? It's their 7grand a year, let them do whatever the **** they want. I fail to see how it's distracting at all. Don't look at their screen, simple.

I hate the people that show up 10 minutes early and still take the end seat of an aisle. WHY. Aids isn't air-borne. :@
Its my 7 grand let me sit whereve the **** I want.

Old 09-15-2010
sew12
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:01 AM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Except one directly affects other people while the other doesn't. Cute though.

I hope to one day shit my pants and get to shove it in their face while I'm trying to climb over them.

Old 09-15-2010 at 10:06 AM   #20
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Except one directly affects other people while the other doesn't. Cute though....
Using Facebook in class distracts other people around you which might be minor or avoidable but its still at least mildly annoying.

Same goes for sitting in an ailse seat, perhaps mildly annoying that you have to walk over a few people but most people are nice enough to move their legs/bag out of the way or get up for you to get through. Why should only people who come later to class get to sit on the ailse? Especially why the hell should we leave ailse seats open for late comers. Its not a huge inconvinience to you if someone is sitting in the aisle, sit in another damn aisle or just step over them, big deal.

taylojl likes this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:11 AM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Lol? Arguing for the sake of arguing. Somebody using facebook quietly is no more distracting than people using their laptop to type notes (which isn't annoying at all, fyi ). How hard is it not to look at their friend's friend blowing a guy in a club?

also welcome2commerce. No such thing as empty seats. Also, didn't say that aisle seats should be reserved for late comers. I can see how you got 10 minutes early and late comers confused though.

Old 09-15-2010 at 10:13 AM   #22
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Lol? Arguing for the sake of arguing. Somebody using facebook quietly is no more distracting than people using their laptop to type notes (which isn't annoying at all, fyi ). How hard is it not to look at their friend's friend blowing a guy in a club?

also welcome2commerce. No such thing as empty seats. Also, didn't say that aisle seats should be reserved for late comers. I can see how you got 10 minutes early and late comers confused though.
If there's no empty seats how the hell does it make a difference if someone who came early sat in the aisle? That wouldn't change the amount of seats in the room.
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:16 AM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

umadbro?

Old 09-15-2010 at 10:20 AM   #24
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

i dont really get how someone else being on facebook in class is annoying/distracting, but one thing that annoys me is when people stop and block high traffic areas(doors, aisles etc.).
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:20 AM   #25
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:

End seats are convenient when you wanna GTFO. But they are annoying as hell once people start going past you. Also, I hate how people leave random empty seats in the middle of the rows. Or leave a sit between them and the person next to them. Like seriously,

danallan likes this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:22 AM   #26
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
End seats are convenient when you wanna GTFO. But they are annoying as hell once people start going past you. Also, I hate how people leave random empty seats in the middle of the rows. Or leave a sit between them and the person next to them. Like seriously,
Didn't you know? You can get aids by someone breathing on you. EVEN IF THEY DON'T HAVE AIDS THEMSELVES.

Now you know. You're welcome. Never sit beside somebody ever again.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:27 AM   #27
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Didn't you know? You can get aids by someone breathing on you. EVEN IF THEY DON'T HAVE AIDS THEMSELVES.

Now you know. You're welcome. Never sit beside somebody ever again.
God help us all
Old 09-15-2010 at 10:40 AM   #28
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragon View Post
I don't really understand what you mean by Apple Obsession. I like Apple products, I have Apple Products. So? Just because someone is using a gadget they paid for doesn't mean they feel so proud of themselves for doing so. Or am I missing your point?

Everything else I agree with for the most part. Though if someone is on Facebook, as long as they are quiet and not distracting, its not such a big deal.

I think you may have. I was talking about the snootines of so many Apple users I've met, and even know personally. In another response, I said that it was just for the majority that I personally know, not everyone who owns an Apple product. Because the people who I'm talking about do exactly what you said: feel proud of themselves for doing so.

The Facebook thing is annoying. As much as I enjoy my classes, if I see something going on in the corner of my eye, something moving, I'm going to divert my attention. People are attracted to images, to things that move, and when people flip through their albums or do things like play Habbo Hotel, I end up looking in their direction. It's not the end of the world, but it's annoying, hence the title of the post.

doug, noni_e like this.