MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Pay919 Academics 830 08-23-2009 02:24 AM
Solar stefan_toron First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-16-2009 10:53 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

ugh. SOLAR. *stab*

Old 06-24-2009 at 01:52 AM   #226
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

That is up to you, statistically the more people on, the more chances of someone dropping. But people just started choosing 3 hours ago, so they probably haven't changed their minds yet.

The more you check, the more chances of seeing if someone dropped. When I didn't get into my course I never bothered to check at midnight though, too many people on. I eventually got into the course though. So just keep checking from time to time.

As for the required courses, you should contact the department that the course belongs to and kindly ask for a seat explaining that it's required for your degree.
Old 06-24-2009 at 04:25 AM   #227
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

ARGGHHH ashjsdadksajdaskjdask jcvadcjaksjddsaldhakf rhasfkjasjkgdfaskjgfa kjsflasfhasjhfsahkfah lkvklhsdbljwsgjkasdjl fa
ahlsfhafjhassflhasjfa sljfjlashkvnsxcljbsda ghasgajggfjasfjashfas
lahfdjlafhasflhashlfh lasfhklsafhlsaljfalkh fjlasflhasfkajgbnbnxh lihaffhfsa
hjasjhaslfhsahklfkla

Okay done, So I had this sneaky plan of getting in at 4:30AM so it isn't busy and not crashing, Epic Fail. Didn't get into Econ 2A03 or Econ of Sports. Mmedia full, Astronomy full, CSTC full, CMST FULL,Peace studies full, Indian subcontinent politics and buisness ethics philosophy and Socio 2T03(Sports), Music and TV(2T03), Sociology2L03(How can analysis of the Media not be important?!) no longer offered. Ended up having only one slot for an elective and took something called water problems or something!
Cue Untitles by Simple Plan :(
BUT MOST OF ALL ORIGINS 2B03 WAS FULL :@ :@ :@ :@

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 06-24-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-24-2009 at 06:57 AM   #228
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

WHY IN &^%&^%& HELL IS ANTHRO 2U03 FULL?!?!?

Sigh. FML. It's only been, like, 8 hours since it opened. You mean to tell me that a class that usually has more than 300-400 people got it already? Ugghh.

Edit: Wait, if they're reserving for Social Science students, which opens today, does that mean they're reserving it for the entirety of their 7 day period?

Last edited by feonateresa : 06-24-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-24-2009 at 08:14 AM   #229
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

I don't know if they can "reserve" seats to specific faculties. My understanding is that when the faculty gets to choose, then they would open the seats.

Keep trying though.
Old 06-24-2009 at 08:33 AM   #230
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

SOLAR opens for science students tomorrow (Thursday), amirite? Anyone think that more seats will be opened for Origins 2B03? I don't want to have to take Physics 1L03 in its place :(... I'm really surprised that physics 1D03 and 1E03 aren't anti requisites for this course :s.
Old 06-24-2009 at 09:22 AM   #231
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
ARGGHHH ashjsdadksajdaskjdask jcvadcjaksjddsaldhakf rhasfkjasjkgdfaskjgfa kjsflasfhasjhfsahkfah lkvklhsdbljwsgjkasdjl fa
ahlsfhafjhassflhasjfa sljfjlashkvnsxcljbsda ghasgajggfjasfjashfas
lahfdjlafhasflhashlfh lasfhklsafhlsaljfalkh fjlasflhasfkajgbnbnxh lihaffhfsa
hjasjhaslfhsahklfkla

Okay done, So I had this sneaky plan of getting in at 4:30AM so it isn't busy and not crashing, Epic Fail. Didn't get into Econ 2A03 or Econ of Sports. Mmedia full, Astronomy full, CSTC full, CMST FULL,Peace studies full, Indian subcontinent politics and buisness ethics philosophy and Socio 2T03(Sports), Music and TV(2T03), Sociology2L03(How can analysis of the Media not be important?!) no longer offered. Ended up having only one slot for an elective and took something called water problems or something!
Cue Untitles by Simple Plan :(
BUT MOST OF ALL ORIGINS 2B03 WAS FULL :@ :@ :@ :@
Last year I knew a bunch of people who were in the Econ of Sport and didn't like it very much...so you may not be missing much if the course is still full...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-24-2009 at 10:20 AM   #232
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Last year I knew a bunch of people who were in the Econ of Sport and didn't like it very much...so you may not be missing much if the course is still full...
Well probably, but I do have a serious interest in the sector; especially in regards to european soccer and the influence of tv revenue into the market and how that is changing everything(increasing wages and transfer fees) and giving it a poaching advantage over the rest of the world and how billionares are taking over clubs even though they are guaranteed a loss in the first decade atleast...Like I really already know a good deal about it :(

Old 06-24-2009 at 11:31 AM   #233
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Well probably, but I do have a serious interest in the sector; especially in regards to european soccer and the influence of tv revenue into the market and how that is changing everything(increasing wages and transfer fees) and giving it a poaching advantage over the rest of the world and how billionares are taking over clubs even though they are guaranteed a loss in the first decade atleast...Like I really already know a good deal about it :(
Sports Econ is REALLY bad. All my friends who took it said it had 1% to do with econ, and the other 99% was just sports trivia. Even though my friends were sports enthusiasts, they still did very poorly.

huzaifa47 says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 06-24-2009 at 11:49 AM   #234
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

As were my friends. They're the type that prattle off random sports stats. And they weren't impressed with their final grades either.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-24-2009 at 12:31 PM   #235
huzaifa47

Thanks Guys! Yeah I just checked out the course outline: It's all about Baseball, Hockey, Football and boxing. Nothing about soccer, soo I don't think I'll do well given that I hardly watch any of the above mentioned sports AT ALL :S

Old 06-24-2009 at 01:14 PM   #236
sf

Liked: 36 Times

Ok so i have a question... i am a second year science student and SOLAR is supposed to open at midnight for us but I just logged on and it allowed me to pick all of my courses and do my payment agreement. Should I still log on at midnight and make sure everything went through or am I actually fully registered in everything early?
Old 06-24-2009 at 01:19 PM   #237
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
Ok so i have a question... i am a second year science student and SOLAR is supposed to open at midnight for us but I just logged on and it allowed me to pick all of my courses and do my payment agreement. Should I still log on at midnight and make sure everything went through or am I actually fully registered in everything early?
Wow really? Well, it can't hurt to log on tomorrow and check to see everything is fine.
Old 06-24-2009 at 01:21 PM   #238
sf

Liked: 36 Times

I am thinking it may be because I applied to a social science program and SOLAR is already open for them so maybe it had to let me in incase I wanted to pick that program...even though I am technically in science
Old 06-24-2009 at 01:24 PM   #239
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
I am thinking it may be because I applied to a social science program and SOLAR is already open for them so maybe it had to let me in incase I wanted to pick that program...even though I am technically in science
Oh, then yeah. I was in Social Sciences last year, but because I picked a Humanities program, I was able to access it a day early as well. :]
Old 06-24-2009 at 03:03 PM   #240
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

OMG, so unfair!!!! *sigh* Lol