MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Phone messages psps First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-17-2010 10:02 PM
Les Prince Phone OneL Les Prince Forum 6 09-01-2010 08:47 PM
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM
Cell Phone Help Kevin Computers & Tech 7 08-30-2007 12:29 PM

Which Phone?

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:20 AM   #16
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Well, I have the 3G S and my parents both have the 3G. The 3G S noticeably scrolls more smoothly and runs/launches programs faster.

Other than that; the other features are kind of gimmicky and not really what I would consider a big upgrade:

- Built in magnetic compass (can show you which direction you're facing on google maps)
- Voice recognition... I don't see why they couldn't have gotten the old one to do this.
- Video recording (quality isn't good enough for me to consider using it for anything serious... again, why couldn't the old one do this with a firmware upgrade?)

I only got it because everywhere around me was permanently out of 3Gs. I think after Rogers announced they were pretty much selling off 3Gs, everyone and their dog got one.

Then again; it's probably better to get the 3G S because it will likely be supported for longer.

Ya the camera kinda does suck and the upgrade is in speed pretty much. Though your last point is probably correct, who knows though apple seems to come out with new iPods every day so we will see about the iPhone

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:23 AM   #17
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
Ya the camera kinda does suck and the upgrade is in speed pretty much. Though your last point is probably correct, who knows though apple seems to come out with new iPods every day so we will see about the iPhone
Maybe a new one every hour? :p
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:25 AM   #18
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Maybe a new one every hour? :p
Haha seriously though remember how many iPods use to come out like jeez

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:25 AM   #19
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Òne of the things that turned me off of the Magic is the headphone jack. It doesn`t have one! It has a proprietary USB connection, and you either need special HTC headphones or an adapter that hangs off the end just to use your own pair.

Here is one of the most complete and helpful reviews you`ll find comparing the two smartphones in question:

http://www.llrx.com/features/htcmagic-vs-iphone.htm
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:28 AM   #20
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Haha seriously though remember how many iPods use to come out like jeez
So true! And it's really annoying when you buy your iPod and 2 months later, it's like $50 cheaper, and a new version is out >.< Thankfully I don't own one :p
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:29 AM   #21
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
Òne of the things that turned me off of the Magic is the headphone jack. It doesn`t have one! It has a proprietary USB connection, and you either need special HTC headphones or an adapter that hangs off the end just to use your own pair.

Here is one of the most complete and helpful reviews you`ll find comparing the two smartphones in question:

http://www.llrx.com/features/htcmagic-vs-iphone.htm
Man I hate phones that don't have headphones, rather a USB connection. Also the ones that don't even work with your computer to get stuff in or out. Why people why?

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:29 AM   #22
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
So true! And it's really annoying when you buy your iPod and 2 months later, it's like $50 cheaper, and a new version is out >.< Thankfully I don't own one :p
Thankfully I don't either

Though I was tempted for many years.

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:36 AM   #23
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Thankfully I don't either

Though I was tempted for many years.
Me too! But I'd rather be able to hear properly 30 years from now . And besides, an MP3 phone can be just as good.
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:39 AM   #24
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Me too! But I'd rather be able to hear properly 30 years from now . And besides, an MP3 phone can be just as good.
Exactly...unless your phone is ridiculously stupid and doesn't even have headphones that work with it.

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:42 AM   #25
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
I'm pretty sure any MP3 player (or any audio device for that matter) is capable of making it so you can't hear 30 years from now.
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:43 AM   #26
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure any MP3 player (or any audio device for that matter) is capable of making it so you can't hear 30 years from now.
Unless you use it properly and not crank it up to full blast. Plus I listen to enough music on my computer and in my car so what do I need an iPod for (yes sometimes too loudly)

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:45 AM   #27
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Plus I listen to enough music on my computer and in my car so what do I need an iPod for (yes sometimes too loudly)
Then what do you need an iPhone for? :p
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:48 AM   #28
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Then what do you need an iPhone for? :p
LOL that is true, to a point

I may have a computer, but its not a computer phone and I can't take it with me anywhere...even a laptop wouldn't replace a phone

So for the sake of a phone + the apps...iPhone?

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:50 AM   #29
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
True, but it won't affect you too much if you listen to it in moderation. And at least with your phone, you can put it up instead of using headphones. Which is what I do anyway. And it makes your phone more useful, than having an iPod+phone >.<

Apps aren't a good enough reason:p, despite how awesome they are :(!
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:55 AM   #30
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
True, but it won't affect you too much if you listen to it in moderation. And at least with your phone, you can put it up instead of using headphones. Which is what I do anyway. And it makes your phone more useful, than having an iPod+phone >.<

Apps aren't a good enough reason:p, despite how awesome they are :(!
Ya but with OSAP money anything is a good reason LOL