MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama/McCain VP picks? J-Met Politics 17 05-11-2009 10:20 PM
Residence 09/10 FJEAN Residence & Housing 6 01-28-2009 11:46 PM
The Residence Flu katie_batt General Discussion 9 09-19-2008 12:27 PM
Residence sherrysa Residence & Housing 91 07-15-2008 11:41 PM
Residence Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2008 07:48 AM

Your Residence Picks?

Old 05-15-2008 at 03:36 PM   #31
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Hedden: "Home to people who aim to shag everyone on their floor by November"

Very Nice
Old 05-15-2008 at 03:46 PM   #32
J-Met
Elite Member

One question though....I was wondering how these traditions in residences propagate throughout the years. You'd think, since most res's are filled with first year's, that the atmosphere in each res would change every year with the differing students.

Unless soemhow the building designs themselves alter student attitude
Old 05-15-2008 at 04:39 PM   #33
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Upper year students.

You will have upper students as your reps, many of whom lived in the buildings. They will be carrying on the traditions of years past.

There are cheers I sang as a first year in Whidden that were probably 20 years old. Last year I heard the reps teaching them again, and that was three years later.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-15-2008 at 09:12 PM   #34
soroush122

Liked: 0 Times

help?
hey , My friend has submitted the Residence forms and cant remember his choices , is it possible to change or review them ?? cause we want to be together and he has written my name on his paper but not exactly remember Residence preferences..
Old 05-15-2008 at 09:30 PM   #35
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...irst_year.html

I can't find anything that says you can't or can, so I'd contact res admissions via email that's listed or by calling the main McMaster directory and asking for the residence admissions extention

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-15-2008 at 09:42 PM   #36
FlyWithMac

Yes, u can change ur preferences. I changed mine just last week. You can login by ur Student Number and ur birthdate as ur password. -- dont login as a new applicant.Just remember, it will take one business day to update, so change them wayyy before the June deadline!!

Last edited by FlyWithMac : 05-15-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2008 at 10:01 PM   #37
soroush122

thanks guys, I havent accepted my offer yet. I'll go to U of T tour in May 24 just to assure myself that I don't like to spend 4 years there , but my friend has accepted it few days ago and submitted the applications instantly without even taking a note.
Old 05-17-2008 at 07:48 PM   #38
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWithMac View Post
Yes, u can change ur preferences. I changed mine just last week. You can login by ur Student Number and ur birthdate as ur password. -- dont login as a new applicant.Just remember, it will take one business day to update, so change them wayyy before the June deadline!!
Good tip, I didn't know you could change them once they were in. What website did you login to, FlyWithMac?
Old 05-17-2008 at 07:54 PM   #39
J-Met
Elite Member

Likely it was this one:

https://resapp.mcmaster.ca/
Old 05-17-2008 at 08:17 PM   #40
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I hate how they make you hunt for everything.

Old 05-17-2008 at 09:32 PM   #41
J-Met
Elite Member

I agree totally. Its one of the most important sites new students need this month and it took me ALOT of searching to find it.

I find some of the simplest info is very difficult to find on the mac website. I still have yet to find the courses I will be taking next year for engineering 1, though somehow I was able to find the 2003-2004 engineering course calendar.....
Old 05-17-2008 at 10:28 PM   #42
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

They're not in the undergrad calender?

The sad thing is...Mac's website is better than a lot of other schools. I've had to find stuff on other schools before. Not easy.

Old 05-18-2008 at 08:13 AM   #43
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Agreed..this is the only site that gives me clear cutoffs to such programs. Try looking for UofT cutoffs for Engineering...cant find them

Btw I have a question about living with a specific roomate: Are we still allowed to choose single rooms? I think the rule is that our preferences must be identical, but do we still have the option of choosing single rooms?

One more thing, would you recommend if I choose six single residences and six double residences? Im thinking of lowering the single ones since most first years wont get em

Am I allowed to review our applications after I submit it?

Last edited by kenvin100 : 05-18-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-18-2008 at 08:36 AM   #44
soroush122

??
if I live off the campus , would it be easy to chill in friend's room ? or even go to common room or other places in residence ? can I spend frosh week in my friend's room? Overall, Entering residence requires ID or not? thankssssss . I am forced to live off the campus with my family , but I'll be free in 2th year. This truly sucks :(
Old 05-18-2008 at 08:55 AM   #45
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

gah I cant edit my other post, well here's mine: since it's aa lottery and since I didnt even see the rez..i just did some research and produced a pattern:

1) Edwards single with washroom
2) Woodstock Double with washroom
3) Les Prince Single with Washroom
4) Brandon Double with washroom
5) McKeyes Single with Washroom
6) Moulton Double with Washroom
7)Edwards double with washroom
8) Woodstock single with washroom
9) Les Prince double with washroom
10) Brandon Single with washroom
11) Mckeyes double with washroom
12) Moulton single with washroom

What's hot? What's not? spill! It may be shocking to see not a single Hedden room, but considering it's first year..Im not in the partying mood lol..

What is an 'occupancy' room? ya im pretty stupid

Last edited by kenvin100 : 05-18-2008 at 09:07 AM.