MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama/McCain VP picks? J-Met Politics 17 05-11-2009 10:20 PM
Residence 09/10 FJEAN Residence & Housing 6 01-28-2009 11:46 PM
The Residence Flu katie_batt General Discussion 9 09-19-2008 12:27 PM
Residence sherrysa Residence & Housing 91 07-15-2008 11:41 PM
Residence Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2008 07:48 AM

Your Residence Picks?

Old 05-22-2008 at 03:47 PM   #61
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

My res picks are:
Les Prince - double w/ washroom
Whidden - double
Hedden - double
Brandon- double
McKay - double
Woodstock - double
I'd like a single room but i'm just not going to bother knowing my chances are slim, I also really want to live in the North Quad, do u think my res picks are good? or shud i include some triple rooms just incase the doubles fill up and they just randomly put me in west quad?
Old 05-22-2008 at 06:16 PM   #62
Naheed
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 11 Times

ThatGuy, your res picks are awesome. I lived in LP last year and will next year, and it's a great environment and not as far as everyone thinks.
Old 05-22-2008 at 06:29 PM   #63
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

hey just wondering what everyone thinks of Matthews
Old 05-22-2008 at 07:02 PM   #64
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Do we need to choose 12 choices? I think I might choose only 8

+ can anyone tell me about mckay 2 person 1 bedroom apartment..sounds rather small

Last edited by kenvin100 : 05-22-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2008 at 08:48 PM   #65
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

choose 12. remember it is a lottery system to there is a good possibility you won't get your top...10 choices. i know lots of people who got their last choice.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-22-2008 at 09:31 PM   #66
sara_

Liked: 0 Times

I definitely have to say to not just use your first impressions of some of the residences. I lived in Whidden this year, and honestly all of us were so disappointed that we got that building. But, less than a month in, I wouldn't have it any other way. Yeah sure it seems like it's a dingy place, but it's a very social environment. You know almost everyone, and it's super close to Commons, and it's not far from the middle of campus. It's also really close to the gym. I even lived in a triple, and yeah you have some personality conflicts, but overall, I would have hated to be in a single room or even a double. this year was definitely one of the best years of my life!

SO overall, just think really hard about you as a person, and not just the esthetics. You make the room your own, and don't even realize how little or cramped your room is.
Old 05-22-2008 at 09:37 PM   #67
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

whidden whidden whidden!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-22-2008 at 09:39 PM   #68
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaa View Post
hey just wondering what everyone thinks of Matthews
people i know in there hated the organization. you can't simply go on a flight of stairs to go up or down; some only lead to certain floors.

Old 05-22-2008 at 09:55 PM   #69
FlyWithMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_ View Post
I definitely have to say to not just use your first impressions of some of the residences. I lived in Whidden this year, and honestly all of us were so disappointed that we got that building. But, less than a month in, I wouldn't have it any other way. Yeah sure it seems like it's a dingy place, but it's a very social environment. You know almost everyone, and it's super close to Commons, and it's not far from the middle of campus. It's also really close to the gym. I even lived in a triple, and yeah you have some personality conflicts, but overall, I would have hated to be in a single room or even a double. this year was definitely one of the best years of my life!

SO overall, just think really hard about you as a person, and not just the esthetics. You make the room your own, and don't even realize how little or cramped your room is.
I see you enjoyed your stay at rez. Were you a very social person before you went to rez? How easy is it to make friends in rez?
Old 05-22-2008 at 10:22 PM   #70
Iman

Liked: 5 Times

I'm a bit late to the party, but here are my res choices!

Edwards
Wallingford
McKay
Matthews
Les Prince
Mary E Keyes

The amazing thing is that I didn't get to visit my top three picks, and I did visit my last three. :P I'm hoping I get Edwards (have it listed three times for single/double/triple!) though because everyone here says it's great. XD This is the influence MacInsiders has on me. :P
Old 05-22-2008 at 10:26 PM   #71
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

honestly, mac insiders really influenced my choice of university, i was sure on going to waterloo but i loved reading this forum and it made me love mac. Also i only saw two residences at May at Mac and i got most of my information from this forum, either way like everyone here says whatever res you get you'll love
Old 05-22-2008 at 10:48 PM   #72
Iman

Liked: 5 Times

Haha, same! I was almost dead set on going to Waterloo but Mac just seemed so much more welcoming, mostly due to this forum. This club is a really great recruiting tool. :P
Old 05-22-2008 at 11:03 PM   #73
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

tell that to our administration so they can pay us for what we do.

Old 05-23-2008 at 07:47 AM   #74
soroush122

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
tell that to our administration so they can pay us for what we do.
post their numbers or anything that we can contact to ( cuz you guys have honestly influenced us , though I won't be able to live on campus:( )
Old 05-23-2008 at 09:36 AM   #75
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
honestly, mac insiders really influenced my choice of university, i was sure on going to waterloo but i loved reading this forum and it made me love mac. Also i only saw two residences at May at Mac and i got most of my information from this forum, either way like everyone here says whatever res you get you'll love
Thanks so much guys for all your feedback, you all rock!!! I'm so happy to see the site fufilling its mission and helping you all feel welcomed and informed

If you feel like helping plug MacInsiders, here's a few very influential people you can contact and let them know what you think. They have the power to help support us - we need all the help we can get!

University Administration:

Peter George
President & Vice-Chancellor
[email protected] (905) 525-9140 x24340

Dr. Ilene Busch-Vishniac
Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
[email protected] 905-525-9140 ext. 24301

Karen Belaire
Vice-President (Administration) Vice-President (Administration)
[email protected] (905) 525-9140 x24755

Student Affairs

Philip Wood
AVP, Student Affairs and Dean of Students, Student Affairs
[email protected] aster.ca (905) 525-9140 x27455

MSU

John McGowan
Business Manager, MSU. (905) 525-9140 x24111 [email protected]

And if you can't get a hold of them, their assistants:

Jill Axisa
Executive Assistant to the President President's Office
[email protected] (905) 525-9140 x24619

Greta Hardy
Assistant to the President's Office
[email protected] (905) 525-9140 x24340

Eva Bodrozic
Executive Assistant, Student Affairs
Ext.27455
Email: [email protected]

Gina Robinson
Director, Student Services
Ext.27633
Email: [email protected]

Last edited by lorend : 05-23-2008 at 02:04 PM.