MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama/McCain VP picks? J-Met Politics 17 05-11-2009 10:20 PM
Residence 09/10 FJEAN Residence & Housing 6 01-28-2009 11:46 PM
The Residence Flu katie_batt General Discussion 9 09-19-2008 12:27 PM
Residence sherrysa Residence & Housing 91 07-15-2008 11:41 PM
Residence Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2008 07:48 AM

Your Residence Picks?

Old 05-23-2008 at 07:36 PM   #91
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvin100 View Post
btw I hope Obama wins!
Hellz ya! If he wins i will have a new-found respect for Americans ...and if he doesnt, I hope he comes up here and runs for PM haha
Old 05-23-2008 at 07:49 PM   #92
J-Met
Elite Member

@anitaa....west quade include Moulton, Mathews, Wallingford, May Keyes, and Bates...you can see a map here.

http://www.mcmaster.ca/welcome/campusmap.cfm

and here are what I think my final residence picks are...Im sorry about whidden Lorend, but all the other residences looked so much nicer hehe.

1 Building -Hedden Hall -Double occupancy room
2 Building -McKay Hall -Double occupancy room
3 Building -Hedden Hall -Triple occupancy room
4 Building -Les Prince Hall -Double with washroom
5 Building -Hedden Hall -EXPANDED TRIPLE
6 Building -McKay Hall -Triple occupancy room
7 Building -McKay Hall -EXPANDED TRIPLE
8 Building -Moulton Hall -Double occupancy room
9 Building -Moulton Hall -EXPANDED TRIPLE
10 Building -Matthews Hall -Double occupancy room
11 Building -Matthews Hall -Double with washroom
12 Building -Brandon Hall -Double occupancy room
13 Building -Edwards Hall -Double occupancy room
14 Building -Edwards Hall -Triple occupancy room
15 Building -Woodstock Hall -Double occupancy room
16 Building -Woodstock Hall -Triple occupancy room
17 Building -Whidden Hall -Double occupancy room
18 Building -Whidden Hall -EXPANDED TRIPLE

Last edited by J-Met : 05-23-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2008 at 08:03 PM   #93
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

thanks J-Met, I think that Im going to put that as my 3rd choice
Old 05-23-2008 at 08:16 PM   #94
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

cant agree with u anymore..hopefully he gets it

i have no problem with a women president.. i dont want a president's spouse to fight for her!
Old 05-23-2008 at 08:23 PM   #95
J-Met
Elite Member

I have no problem with a women president either, but my respect for Ms. Clinton has gradually declined throughout this race. She has become outright desperate right now and has unfairly attacked Obama on numerous occasions. She convinced a good chunk of the democratic party (mostly elderly women lol) to hate Obama, and now he might lose to McCain in november because of it.

Btw, sorry for the off-topicness, but its a very interesting race going on down south of us and I just couldn't keep my mouth (or fingers?) shut haha
Old 05-23-2008 at 09:03 PM   #96
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

If you get to rank...stay away from expanded triples...they are rooms that were once doubles and converted into triples...so its a tad squishy.

And boourns on you, J-met. AESTHETICS ISN'T EVERYTHING.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-23-2008 at 09:21 PM   #97
kenvin100
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Met View Post
I have no problem with a women president either, but my respect for Ms. Clinton has gradually declined throughout this race. She has become outright desperate right now and has unfairly attacked Obama on numerous occasions. She convinced a good chunk of the democratic party (mostly elderly women lol) to hate Obama, and now he might lose to McCain in november because of it.

Btw, sorry for the off-topicness, but its a very interesting race going on down south of us and I just couldn't keep my mouth (or fingers?) shut haha
ya i heard..who knows..things may change..hilary could be future VP for all we know..i doubt it'll happen
Old 05-23-2008 at 11:06 PM   #98
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

If you guys really want an off-topic politics forum I'd be more than happy to make you one...
Old 05-24-2008 at 04:09 PM   #99
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

About the 2 person apartments in McKay, Edwards, Brandon and Hedden....
I lived in Brandon this year, and there was an 'apartment' on the floor, even though Brandon is about as traditional as you can get. The girls in that room had a kitchenette and their own bathroom, as well as the bedroom. I'm not sure about the other 3 rezes, but my guess would be that there are at least a few apartments in each one, probably reserved for special needs.
Old 05-24-2008 at 04:58 PM   #100
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I felt it didn't really matter which residence you got. Each one has it's own unique character and their own traditions. Each one has pros and cons. I had lived in a Whidden triple bunk and loft in my first year and then in a single room in Hedden in my second.

Whidden is great as it is SO much easier to meet and get to know everyone on your floor just because of the way it's structured... you might not want to "bash bash bash" it if you think it looked bad on your tour because as soon as you move in (if you do), you might just fall in love as I had! (PS "lorend" was my welcome week rep so this might should her happy)

Hedden rooms were nice but in the end, your residence experience is made great by the people you meet and the friends you make. I've had experiences in each of the residences through my work and I can guarantee you that they're all great as long as you make the effort to get out of your room once and awhile and enjoy it! =)

...so ya! no worries about rez selection.. mac has great ones all around!
Old 05-24-2008 at 05:39 PM   #101
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

damn right it makes me happy temara!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-24-2008 at 05:46 PM   #102
kenvin100
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah13 View Post
About the 2 person apartments in McKay, Edwards, Brandon and Hedden....
I lived in Brandon this year, and there was an 'apartment' on the floor, even though Brandon is about as traditional as you can get. The girls in that room had a kitchenette and their own bathroom, as well as the bedroom. I'm not sure about the other 3 rezes, but my guess would be that there are at least a few apartments in each one, probably reserved for special needs.
Thank you for clearing that up. It makes some sense..not a whole lot but w.e. lol

atleast they exist, which is a relief for me..I just pray I dont get a loft/bunk or triple..something i didnt put in my application

so will this cost more than the normal double room? Define: special needs?are these residences for ppl with health problems?

Last edited by kenvin100 : 05-24-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-24-2008 at 05:51 PM   #103
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

the bunk and loft triple is the cheapest accomidation you can get at Mac.

As for special needs, it actual covers a variety of different things. It could be physical (blindness, needs a wheelchair), dietary (needs to cook own meals due to various allergies and intolerances), or health (needs to sleep on a certain mattress due to allergies).

Old 05-24-2008 at 07:23 PM   #104
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Why does everyone keep putting Whidden at the bottom of the list? Honestly, I wanted Hedden in first year and I didn't get it. HOWEVER, I lucked out because i got Whidden!!! Whidden is the residence with the MOST spirit and the most involved students at Mac are all strangely enough former Whiddenites. Whidden has the best people which creates a lot of weness. People from Whidden always stick together. Yeah, we might have an ugly building and yeah, we have to share washrooms but that's what brings us together!

P.S. Howard Whidden, where is he?
Old 05-24-2008 at 07:42 PM   #105
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I don't know, I don't know!

I must admit I don't know that cheer too well cuz I repped for Bates the last two years.