MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guy Friends/Girl Friends lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 101 10-18-2010 09:01 PM
Making friends? anon491 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 78 09-05-2010 09:05 PM
You Have 0 Friends syan9184 Movies & Television 18 04-17-2010 08:51 PM
Why Can't We Be Friends, Westdale? DannyV General Discussion 9 10-09-2008 01:30 PM
I barely know anyone at Mac... what if I make no friends? :( dobbz123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 08-22-2008 07:20 PM

boyfriend doesn't like me having guy friends...

Old 03-15-2011 at 03:19 PM   #31
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
TL;DR: "Playing Starcraft" is one of my personal euphemisms for sex.
Whats a 'zerg rush' a euphemism for?
Old 03-15-2011 at 04:34 PM   #32
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellywinkle View Post
Thank you everyone for your quick responses!

To answer some of your questions, I have, on multiple occassions, tried to ask him why he is so bothered by this, but his answers are kind of flat, like "it's just wrong".... he doesn't really give reasons...it's like it's obvious to him and he expects it to be obvious to me, but it isn't... Actually, one of the reasons why I wanted to make this post was b/c he was so adamant that his view is 'the common view' and that I was just crazy for thinking otherwise and so I wanted to see what other people think.
What is his ethnicity if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-15-2011 at 04:36 PM   #33
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Rape................. Or Surprise Sex.
Old 03-15-2011 at 06:35 PM   #34
Ellywinkle

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
What is his ethnicity if you don't mind me asking?
Um, he's persian... Why?
Old 03-15-2011 at 06:49 PM   #35
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

@OP: Been there, done that. It's quite frankly one of the most annoying things one can deal with in terms of relationships.

Behaviour like this says that your partner doesn't trust:
. You
. Your friends
. Your ability to fend off friends/acquaintances that make moves suggesting they want more than friendship

It's a reflection of how they view themselves as well. If this person doesn't have enough faith in themselves as a boyfriend/girlfriend, of course they're constantly going to be on the lookout, because they assume someone better will come along.

P.S The ethnicity has nothing to do with anything. PHLN is just strange
Old 03-15-2011 at 07:15 PM   #36
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
We don't have euphemisms for anything more specific than "playing Starcraft," but I'm sure we'll develop those soon enough.

It started back when I was playing on one of my friends' accounts, as I had not yet bought SC. Let's call him Carlos. So, my boyfriend was over for the weekend and we had plans to go out for dinner with my friends on the floor. For an hour before we were due to leave, my roommate was out, so of course sex ensued. Shortly after we'd finished, the guys next door passed by my room on the way to the common room and banged on my door, yelling stuff like "ENOUGH WITH THE BANGING YOU TWO, LET'S GO." (They'd texted me during and I'd responded that we were "busy" and would be out soon.)

So we got dressed and joined the guys, and I said, "FYI, don't jump to conclusions. We were playing Starcraft." I meant this to be an obvious joke...but some of them thought I was being serious.

That is, until Carlos said, "But wait...you couldn't have been, I was logged onto the account until just two minutes ago." Lolol.

So yeah, now "playing SC" = "having sexy time".

E.g., "Hey Carlos, want to join us for a game of SC? ...but uh, not that kind of SC. Sorry. :( "
Old 03-15-2011 at 07:55 PM   #37
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Um, he's persian... Why?
Through examples I've seen, ethnicity has to do with it a lot of the times. Persian= Middle Eastern (well debatable, but that's not the case.). Middle Eastern culture essentially means guys and girls can't be friends and there always has to be "something" behind this friendship. Maybe that has something to do with it..?
Old 03-15-2011 at 08:57 PM   #38
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
That is, until Carlos said, "But wait...you couldn't have been, I was logged onto the account until just two minutes ago." Lolol.
Caaaaaarlos...

Old 03-16-2011 at 01:32 AM   #39
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Through examples I've seen, ethnicity has to do with it a lot of the times. Persian= Middle Eastern (well debatable, but that's not the case.). Middle Eastern culture essentially means guys and girls can't be friends and there always has to be "something" behind this friendship. Maybe that has something to do with it..?
So they can be friends too?
Old 03-16-2011 at 05:36 AM   #40
ashah

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
The question is: do you think it is 'wrong' for anyone in a relationship to be friends/hang out with someone of the opposite sex?
Answer is: no.
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-10-2011 at 10:19 PM  
elite4koga

Liked: 1 Time

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 04-10-2011 at 11:12 PM   #41
AgentTMa

Liked: 3 Times

Haha he may own your heart, but not your social life, you should be able to hang out with friends of any gender that you like. He seems to be attempting to control how you live your life.
Old 04-10-2011 at 11:57 PM   #42
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Thread necromancers
Old 04-11-2011 at 01:13 PM   #43
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

your bf is probably deeply insecure and has little respect and trust for you. He clearly only wants what is best for himself, keeping you at all costs, even if it means destroying your social relationships.

the reason he can't explain it is probably because when he is not in control it just really bothers him, something is abnormal with his psychology and he can't verbalize this. Otherwise he would have just explained it right away no problem.

If he really had your interests in mind, he would realize that you are better able to choose your own actions then him choosing your actions for you.