MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
G20 Protest in Toronto follows Sunday Bobby66 General Discussion 6 06-28-2010 12:02 AM
ELM protest .. kind of Kathy2 Computers & Tech 39 01-22-2010 09:16 PM
Protesting the Protest! micadjems General Discussion 239 11-08-2009 11:04 PM
How do i hand in assignments? Chambr General Discussion 3 09-22-2009 10:58 AM
hand sanitizer davey General Discussion 1 10-10-2008 05:53 PM

G20 Protest in Toronto goes out of hand

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:42 PM   #30
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times
I don't know what the fuk is up with these people!!! Canada is like one of the most peaceful countries. Anyways what are they freakin protesting about? They are lucky to be born in such a great country. We oughta throw them somewhere in Afghanistan or something to show what real problems are!!

I have to blame police and us citizens. If it was my back home country, India, these violent protesters would've gotten a great ass whippin from the public itself. The other thing is Cops are just standing their like statues and not even doing anything. Im watching this sh*t on tv and 2 cops just let go 2 guys who smashed glass windows in front of them.

Last edited by mcmastergcdb : 06-26-2010 at 05:45 PM.

adrian, Ownaginatios like this.

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:43 PM   #31
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times
In one video I saw they were doing just that. Beating the crap out of the people in the front line of protestors who were dressed in full black the Black Bloc people. Problem now is that the small group of individuals causing all the destruction have changed into regular street clothes and out of their identifiable black ones so its hard to know whos who now.

Also I agree a little about the public just watching the chaos unfold around them. Kinda fustrating to watch that. I mean theres this one dude smashing a window of a shop and a huge crowd of people just snapping pictures behind him and not attempting to intervene or anything. Just adds the the problem a little.

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 06-26-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:47 PM   #32
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times
I think the reason why the police aren't reacting is because of the media.

If someone were to die from the police response that officer would probably loose his job and public sympathy shift to the protestors.

DannyV says thanks to arathbon for this post.

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:47 PM   #33
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Man, I don't get why the cops don't just beat the shit out of those black bloc douches. They have batons/clubs, amirite?

I heard an interview with one of them earlier, and the guy was like "No man, you got it all wrong. We're only smashing government and big company property, who can afford the damage. Down with big companies! WOOOO!!"

In other words,

"HURRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! !!!"

If it were up to me, I'd just give Darwin's theory a helping hand and line them up in front of a firing squad.
i always knew violent authoritarians wishing harm on others posted on macinsiders. oh no windows!

Mahratta likes this.

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:49 PM   #34
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
i always knew violent authoritarians wishing harm on others posted on macinsiders. oh no windows!
And police vehicles.

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:51 PM   #35
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times
Some things to keep in mind:

-Police were showing restraint not just out of compassion, their primary objective was to protect the heads of state. They had to maintain the security around the perimeter of the G20, while the rioters ran away from that area. It would have been much more dangerous to weaken the security in that area.

-Black Bloc is not a group, its a protesting tactic:
http://mlcastle.net/raisethefist/bloc.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc
http://www.infoshop.org/page/Blackbloc-Faq

-A protester, by definition, is someone participating in a protest. An anarchist, by definition, is someone who believes in a better society without government. While both groups no doubt have members who would want to avoid being associated with the rioters, the rioters are technically both. That shouldn't necessarily colour your judgement of peaceful protesters, or intellectual anarchists like Robert Nozick or Mikhail Bakunin (although the latter did a bit of actual revolutiony things outside of just writing theory).

Last edited by Marlowe : 06-26-2010 at 05:54 PM.

c.erl, lorend all say thanks to Marlowe for this post.

resh.jyoti likes this.

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:53 PM   #36
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times
This is the best time for China and USA to promote gun use in Canada.

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:54 PM   #37
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
I don't know what the fuk is up with these people!!! Canada is like one of the most peaceful countries. Anyways what are they freakin protesting about? They are lucky to be born in such a great country. We oughta throw them somewhere in Afghanistan or something to show what real problems are!!
lol you mention canada being one of the most peaceful countries, and then like a sentence away mention Afghanistan being bad, it's like you don't even realize canada is fighting a war there.

and you're right, this isn't india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
This is the best time for China and USA to promote gun use in Canada.
more violent macinsiders... what kind of place are you running here Chad?

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:57 PM   #38
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
-Black Bloc is not a group, its a protesting tactic:
http://mlcastle.net/raisethefist/bloc.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc
The media is referring to them as a group.

lol, I was just watching the news, and they seem to be very focused on this one police car on fire on Queen. They're just commenting on what may have happened any time they hear a pop.

"Umm yes, a third pop has just occurred in what appears to be the frontal section of the vehicle. I believe it's most likely a component of the engine, but at this point we cannot be entirely sure. This is unlike the second small explosion which likely occurred in the back region of the vehicle."

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:57 PM   #39
knox

Liked: 15 Times
I just don't understand why they need to break stuff.

DannyV says thanks to knox for this post.

Old 06-26-2010 at 05:59 PM   #40
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox View Post
I just don't understand why they need to break stuff.
To get back at "the man".

Old 06-26-2010 at 06:00 PM   #41
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
lol you mention canada being one of the most peaceful countries, and then like a sentence away mention Afghanistan being bad, it's like you don't even realize canada is fighting a war there.

and you're right, this isn't india

more violent macinsiders... what kind of place are you running here Chad?
Maybe rather than giving a philosophy lecture you should start picketing against violent people in Canada in Toronto! What is Chad gonna do about it? become mahatama gandhi and preach for nonviolence?!?

Old 06-26-2010 at 06:02 PM   #42
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Maybe rather than giving a philosophy lecture you should start picketing against violent people in Canada in Toronto! What is Chad gonna do about it? become mahatama gandhi and preach for nonviolence?!?
No! Don't start arguing with this guy. He's a troll that always likes to show up and piss people off on this forum when ever he sees a thread about anything that seems even remotely controversial.

Old 06-26-2010 at 06:03 PM   #43
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times
Let's not all forget that the protesting will continue tomorrow and all hell will break loose.

Old 06-26-2010 at 06:24 PM   #44
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times
Quote:
Maybe rather than giving a philosophy lecture you should start picketing against violent people in Canada in Toronto!
To be fair, you seem to have more of a problem with "violent people in Canada" than he does, judging by your response to the rioters

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search