MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mugsi/solar help commie21 Academics 0 06-30-2011 12:29 AM
Mugsi/solar ammowasted Academics 4 06-13-2011 03:24 AM
Want to know what's happening with MUGSI/SOLAR? Come hither. huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 41 02-01-2011 06:22 PM
Why is everyone on MUGSI/Solar? sweetrachel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-31-2009 07:43 PM
MUGSI and SOLAR won't let me on! ND_ftw First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 08-13-2009 11:03 AM

MUGSI/SOLAR Rage

Old 06-16-2010 at 12:35 PM   #121
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
Very true, I was assuming the person who asked the question was in first year though in which case being in a class in which you can pick labs and such now is highly unlikely.
Highly unlikely but everyone should know just in case. The last thing you want is to be on SOLAR and like "Oh shit, I have to pick the sections" and then your time expires and you have to start again :(
Old 06-16-2010 at 12:38 PM   #122
sf

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Highly unlikely but everyone should know just in case. The last thing you want is to be on SOLAR and like "Oh shit, I have to pick the sections" and then your time expires and you have to start again :(
Ya that would definitely suck, and I agree people should be aware. I just took it as the person had already been on SOLAR and wasn't able to select sections and was just confirming that this was normal.

WannabeNurse likes this.
Old 06-16-2010 at 12:40 PM   #123
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
Ya that would definitely suck, and I agree people should be aware. I just took it as the person had already been on SOLAR and wasn't able to select sections and was just confirming that this was normal.
That's true
Old 06-16-2010 at 01:52 PM   #124
Guest253
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

If any1 decides to drop classics 1a03 let me know beforehand
Old 06-27-2010 at 12:36 AM   #125
tatski-p

Liked: 35 Times

I'd just like to say that after an hour and a half of battling with MUGSI/SOLAR, I have finished registering my courses.

I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.
Old 06-27-2010 at 10:47 PM   #126
mhafezi

I have experienced the horror known as MUGSI/SOLAR. After being booted out countless times, I managed to register for my courses after about two hours of fumbling about, trying to trick MUGSI/SOLAR into letting me register.

And like the poster above me, many tears (be that manly tears) were shed. :(
Old 06-27-2010 at 10:49 PM   #127
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

wish me luck i'm going in
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:04 AM   #128
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Didn't have too much trouble. Took like twenty minutes to get into the damned thing, but once in, I was able to register for all my courses pretty easily, albeit rather slowly. I did however get booted out after confirming my courses, right when I clicked "Payment Agreement.' I was freaking out because I thought my selections were lost, but after another 20 minutes, I got back in, double checked that everything was fine, and went over the payment agreement.

Total time: 1 hour. But its over now, so... hurray!

EDIT: I do have one question - SOLAR didn't ask me to pick sections for my Core/Labs/Tutorials. I assume that's supposed to happen, right - it does it for you? (Eng I student).
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:07 AM   #129
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

ya i got kicked out before i could verify and save my courses first, now im trying to get back in after getting kicked out before the payment agreement... and Spanish 1z06 is full which messes up my whole schedule. If anyone wants to 'trade' spanish for german I snagged German 1z06 up just because I needed 6 more units
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:32 AM   #130
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragon View Post
Didn't have too much trouble. Took like twenty minutes to get into the damned thing, but once in, I was able to register for all my courses pretty easily, albeit rather slowly. I did however get booted out after confirming my courses, right when I clicked "Payment Agreement.' I was freaking out because I thought my selections were lost, but after another 20 minutes, I got back in, double checked that everything was fine, and went over the payment agreement.

Total time: 1 hour. But its over now, so... hurray!

EDIT: I do have one question - SOLAR didn't ask me to pick sections for my Core/Labs/Tutorials. I assume that's supposed to happen, right - it does it for you? (Eng I student).
Yeah, the Registrar closes SOLAR in August to section it. You'll get your timetable on the 9th and you can switch stuff around on the 11th until the drop/add deadline.
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:35 AM   #131
boeyyy

i have been f5-ing for an hour and half. No luck still.
Old 06-29-2010 at 12:37 AM   #132
ainun

hey guys, so i picked the SOLAR courses just now and the first time around when selectiing the payment agreement, i accidentally clicked full payment before sept 1 but actually i am taking OSAP and i had to click the second OSAP link, i already confirmed it too, is there anyway i could go back and edit the agreement?? pleaseeeee help, im soo freaked out =S

Last edited by ainun : 06-29-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: different question now, solved the first one
Old 06-29-2010 at 01:10 AM   #133
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainun View Post
hey guys, so i picked the SOLAR courses just now and the first time around when selectiing the payment agreement, i accidentally clicked full payment before sept 1 but actually i am taking OSAP and i had to click the second OSAP link, i already confirmed it too, is there anyway i could go back and edit the agreement?? pleaseeeee help, im soo freaked out =S
You can add/drop courses until the add/drop deadline. You can reconfirm your payment agreement as many times as you want. In fact, you HAVE to reconfirm if you add/drop courses.
Old 06-29-2010 at 01:22 AM   #134
Jaff24

Liked: 11 Times

omg somone just told me that Poli Sci is full!!!
do they reserve spots for socsci kids cuz thats what i want to major in and im f#@[email protected]$% if i dont get poli sci!!!
Old 06-29-2010 at 01:24 AM   #135
Moh2in

Liked: 8 Times

im dropping McMaster, choosin UTM so i dont miss their course selection,

**** this