MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN Help Urgent Desda Computers & Tech 24 09-23-2010 11:39 AM
Offer Rescinded laiac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-04-2010 01:36 PM
Going to visit McMaster today to speak about rescinded offer - who should I contact? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 03:46 PM
McMaster just rescinded my offer.. what should i do now? california First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 07-19-2010 07:41 AM
McMaster Rescinded Offer???????!!!! MacRK101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-16-2010 12:24 PM

Need urgent help - Offer rescinded

Old 08-02-2011 at 01:48 PM   #31
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

@ alchemist, what paper work do you mean though? i was planning on getting all my report cards from grade 9 - 12 so i can show them and add it up to 30 credits, but i am not sure i have them all.

all the paper work i have is mainly 3 things

1. 2 Virtual high school report card
2. some sort of credit thing that came with my end grade 12 report card that shows i have 28 credits
3. my final report card

if i dont get into mac i am actually going to rage, but thanks for the support and help!
Old 08-02-2011 at 01:57 PM   #32
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

buddy you really need to calm down, getting all worked up won't get you anywhere, tell your mom the same thing.
Old 08-02-2011 at 02:01 PM   #33
xiaoliu

i am calm, if you were in my situation you'd be the same way...
Old 08-02-2011 at 02:02 PM   #34
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
@ alchemist, what paper work do you mean though? i was planning on getting all my report cards from grade 9 - 12 so i can show them and add it up to 30 credits, but i am not sure i have them all.

2. some sort of credit thing that came with my end grade 12 report card that shows i have 28 credits
3. my final report card

if i dont get into mac i am actually going to rage, but thanks for the support and help!
Print out a few emails showing you've tried to contact McMaster, and their replies.
Old 08-02-2011 at 02:13 PM   #35
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post

3. my final report card

As Brit said, print out any email communication you've had.

In terms of other paperwork, do you have a transcript or something that indicates you have 30 credits and not 28? Print out your OUAC page or whatever you used to apply to University (I don't even remember what it's called at this point) >_> as long as it says you have 30 credits.

You can also bring your gr12 report card if it shows you have enough credits to graduate (like if it includes the online one).

In general, bring as much as you can, so if they try to hassle you and say "well we're going to need confirmation of this and that" you can just pull out printed sheets of your stuff online and say here you go, what's the problem?

Good luck!

PS At this point I'm raged for you, because before you had no reason to be upset or worried since it was a simple mistake. The fact that it's still not rectified and we're in August now means they don't know what they're doing -_-
Old 08-02-2011 at 03:38 PM   #36
curiousabout

Liked: 1 Time

I am not from Ontario, but if you have the required credits, wouldn't the Ministry of Education have issued a diploma showing graduation from High School. In BC, online courses have to be requested to be added to the school/student's transcript by the student's main high school. But then the Diploma and transcript is issued by the Province with all of the courses (online or not) on it.
Old 08-02-2011 at 04:08 PM   #37
xiaoliu

I've called them multiple times and wasted 80-100$ going there about 3-4 times now, but i am not sure how i can get that on paper.

I have no real transcript of 30 credits atm (still being made), and the ouac page doesnt show that i have 30 credits. So i guess i have to sit tight until i get the new trascript.
Old 08-02-2011 at 04:32 PM   #38
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Why would you do the virtual highschool thing?

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-02-2011 at 05:56 PM   #39
Fengatron

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Why would you do the virtual highschool thing?
For better grades I suppose.....

You see this is what I don't like about our system, we do get second chances with the accumulated credits system, but which school you go to actually matters. And believe me there is a huge difference in it, and a lot of the times it's out of your control. Where compared to the UK, everyone does the same GCSE and A-Level tests, how seriously you take them is your own issue.
Old 08-02-2011 at 06:08 PM   #40
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fengatron View Post
For better grades I suppose.....

You see this is what I don't like about our system, we do get second chances with the accumulated credits system, but which school you go to actually matters. And believe me there is a huge difference in it, and a lot of the times it's out of your control. Where compared to the UK, everyone does the same GCSE and A-Level tests, how seriously you take them is your own issue.
I have nothing against the OP, but honestly virtual highschool is a joke and I wouldn't even consider that a credit and thats just my opinion its not fair to the other people who did actual highschool and worked hard. I did the IGCSE myself before coming to canada and it was very fair infact more fair than canadian school system since I came here for grade 12 and the tests were so unfair since different classes of the same subject would get different tests like my math teacher was way harder than the other class math teacher and at the end both of the classes marks are sent to the OUAC as Calculus and Vectors MCV4U that is just b.s.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-02-2011 at 07:20 PM   #41
curiousabout

Liked: 1 Time

Is this some kind of private online high school? In our district (BC again), the online program and most of the courses are taught by teachers also teaching in the real high schools...so the courses and marking are just as demanding. You also write the same provincial exam for provincial examinable courses. Also, they are linked to the same school board. Students use it for traveling, student exhanges, accomodate work or to have added schedule flexibility.

Just having a hard time understanding why you can't get your grad cert. from the Ministry of Education.
Old 08-02-2011 at 08:07 PM   #42
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousabout View Post
Is this some kind of private online high school? In our district (BC again), the online program and most of the courses are taught by teachers also teaching in the real high schools...so the courses and marking are just as demanding. You also write the same provincial exam for provincial examinable courses. Also, they are linked to the same school board. Students use it for traveling, student exhanges, accomodate work or to have added schedule flexibility.

Just having a hard time understanding why you can't get your grad cert. from the Ministry of Education.
I believe it is..I really dislike online schools though. Like my friend he took Functions (Gr. 11 Academic Math) through an online school and his teacher was located in the U.K. apparently teaching Ontario curriculum and things were out of place. He cheated on each one of his assessments and it was totally unfair.
Old 08-04-2011 at 02:15 PM   #43
xiaoliu

Okay so i just got off the phone with the tdsb transcript, and they added the two and now i have my ossd.

should i still write the appeal? if i do should i write it as if it wasn't my fault in the first place or sincere and begging?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2011 at 02:19 PM   #44
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

See this thread:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...uld-29535.html

Basically make them see that it wasn't your fault from the beginning and it was a mistake on your schools' part or whoever but at the same time stay sincere?
Old 08-04-2011 at 03:07 PM   #45
Johnny162

Liked: 16 Times

In regards to online courses, i think it just depends which school board/program you do, and the quality of work done by your guidance counselors. I did civics/careers online in summer 2007 with the TCDSB(forever ago :( ) and as soon as i submitted the report card to my guidance office they added it to my transcript. I also did the gr.11 bio in summer 2008 with the DDSB, the full course, and even though I was in the catholic board my transcript got updated right away. I think that Xiao's problem was caused by carelessness by guidance counselors. All the best anyways, I hope you can make them see reason. As for off campus housing, i know its not the same as the residence experience, but you can make it work, and then you can apply to be a Rez Rep in second year and live on residence if you chose, that way you would get the whole Welcome Week experience as well. Good Luck!