MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
residence GraceChoi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-21-2010 12:27 PM
Pros and Cons of Each Residence's Common Room Mic Mac Residence & Housing 23 03-27-2010 02:37 AM
FCE and Residence moonlitnight First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 03-21-2010 01:35 PM
Relationships: Pro/Cons tungo89 Dating & Relationships 13 10-16-2009 11:01 PM
Residence Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2008 07:48 AM

Pros and Cons of Each Residence

Old 01-01-2009 at 08:24 PM   #45
Maegs
Elite Member
Program: History and Cultural Studies
Year: Alumni

Liked: 26 Times
If you're on the side of Woodstock that faces Cootes you get nice views - from the front of the building you see Commons and Brandon, from one side of the back you see across to the football field and from the other side of the back you see Cootes
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 03-29-2009 at 09:04 PM   #46
ladyh
Program: Biology

Liked: 25 Times
Not that this is very significant, but Edwards is actually the sister residence to Les Prince Hall. The building itself is very similar to Wallingford, but it is actually LP's sister residence, as they share the same residence manager, and have a lot of joint cheers during WWR =). (Though architecturally I'm sure it would be Wally's brother, spirit wise it is LP's sister .. in the middle, on the edge, got no quad, we're Prince Ed).
Old 03-29-2009 at 10:26 PM   #47
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff
Program: English and Classics
Year: Third
Residence: Edwards

Liked: 23 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyh View Post
Not that this is very significant, but Edwards is actually the sister residence to Les Prince Hall. The building itself is very similar to Wallingford, but it is actually LP's sister residence, as they share the same residence manager, and have a lot of joint cheers during WWR =). (Though architecturally I'm sure it would be Wally's brother, spirit wise it is LP's sister .. in the middle, on the edge, got no quad, we're Prince Ed).
Les Prince became Edward's partner res in my first year, when LP was built. Everyone still considers Wally and Eddies to be partner Rez's because they were both built the same year and are the oldest residences on campus.

Do you guys (I'm assuming you're in LP) do the "Have you been to Les Prince Hall?" cheer?

Old 03-30-2009 at 10:23 AM   #48
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10
Program: Political Science & Labour Studies
Year: Fourth
Residence: Wallingford (07-08, 08-09) Hedden (09-10) now SOCS

Liked: 24 Times
There's a difference between 'sister' residences and residences who are a part of the same area team. Sister res's are buildings who were built around the same time in the same architectural style. So Wally/Eddy and Whidden/Moulton and Matthews/McKay are sister buildings to name a few.

The area teams are MKB, MaMoWa, Whidstock, McHedden, Prince Ed, and Brandon by itself. There's one Residence Manager per area team.

What are the Les Prince cheers btw? I can only remember the random 'Everybody gets a (insert random thing here)!' and the silent cheer, which is awesome.

Last edited by callender : 03-30-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2009 at 04:28 PM   #49
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff
Program: English and Classics
Year: Third
Residence: Edwards

Liked: 23 Times
There's one that goes "We walk around, we walk around, it's far! EEE! EEE! It's Far! EEE! EEE!" or something to that effect.

Old 03-30-2009 at 05:57 PM   #50
ladyh
Program: Biology

Liked: 25 Times
It's "Les Prince we walk around we walk around we walk around it's far!! Heyyy it's far! Heyyy"

"We go one, we go two, Les Prince show us how you do, awoo .. EEE EEE, awoo .. EEE EEE!" (regarding toilet scrubbing)

"Do it for Ursa! And for Narnia!! VICTORY!!!"

"In the middle, on the edge, got no quad, we're Prince Ed"

"I say Eddie, you say Prince! Eddie! Prince! Eddie! Prince! [etc. ...]"

"P-R P-R-I P-R-I-N C-E!" [x2]

"Les Prince, role call!" "Sir, yes, sir!" and then something about protecting Ursa .. don't remember that too well.

"Left, right, left right left, left, right, left right left. My back is aching, my belt's too tight, my hips are shaking from left to right, saying *grunting noise*, ungawa [sp?], Les Prince has got the power, saying *grunting noise*, ungawa [???], Les Prince has got the power, saying bang bang choo choo train, watch us do our thing!! *silent Ursa cheer*"

"You can take a shower, you can take a rinse, you can do a lot of things, but you won't be fresh as Prince. You can use conditioner, you can use shampoo, you can lather rinse repeat but fresh is not for you! Ooo take a rinse, you can try it you can try it. Ooo take a shower, you can try it, I don't buy it!! Les is fresh, les is fresh, les is fresh, les is fresh [etc. to increasing decibel levels]".

I think they go something ilke that .. ahaha.

lorend says thanks to ladyh for this post.
Old 03-30-2009 at 06:43 PM   #51
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10
Program: Political Science & Labour Studies
Residence: Wallingford (07-08, 08-09) Hedden (09-10) now SOCS

Liked: 24 Times
ahaha those are great!

what about Keyes? I remember hearing a really awesome one about going down to Bistro or something lol.
Old 07-03-2009 at 05:37 PM   #52
kanishka
winning
Program: Software Engineering

Liked: 39 Times
is wired internet always available in double rooms of les prince? and do they provide the lan wire or do we have to get one?
Old 07-03-2009 at 05:42 PM   #53
PTGregD
Elite Member
Program: Commerce

Liked: 349 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goelk View Post
is wired internet always available in double rooms of les prince? and do they provide the lan wire or do we have to get one?
It's available, and the LAN cable is provided.
Old 07-03-2009 at 06:08 PM   #54
kanishka
winning
Program: Software Engineering

Liked: 39 Times
k...thnx
Old 07-03-2009 at 06:57 PM   #55
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
LAN parties!!! XD
Old 07-06-2009 at 11:12 PM   #56
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Masters

Liked: 633 Times
This'll sound like a bit of a strange question but washroom cleanliness is integral to me.
I trust the washrooms are all in good shape but I'll be ranking residences based on types of washroom, while leaning toward options that would require fewer people sharing a washroom.

What should my picks be?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-06-2009 at 11:15 PM   #57
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
This'll sound like a bit of a strange question but washroom cleanliness is integral to me.
I trust the washrooms are all in good shape but I'll be ranking residences based on types of washroom, while leaning toward options that would require fewer people sharing a washroom.

What should my picks be?
Les Prince has 90%+ of the Singles with washrooms on campus. Obviously that would be the cleanest, because you would be the only one using it, and would be able to clean it yourself. It also has doubles with washroom.

Keyes and Bates are suite/apartment style, so you live with a few people, but share washrooms between them. (In keyes you live you three others and share 2 washrooms).

The other residences are pretty much equal with their staff cleaned communal washrooms.
Old 07-06-2009 at 11:22 PM   #58
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Chemical Engineering
Year: Masters

Liked: 633 Times
I'm thinking of Les Prince, Keyes, Bates, Wallingford.
Any suggestions for the 5th, Greg?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-06-2009 at 11:24 PM   #59
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I'm thinking of Les Prince, Keyes, Bates, Wallingford.
Any suggestions for the 5th, Greg?
Woodstock

Article Tools