MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timetable help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2010 08:42 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
When is the timetable out? jubilantx Academics 6 08-06-2010 10:19 PM
Changes to timetable? lavalampsky Academics 14 08-12-2009 08:21 PM
timetable Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-12-2009 01:19 PM

timetable

Old 08-09-2007 at 09:26 AM   #271
ARose

Liked: 0 Times

Ok, I tried to arrange my timetable so that I got a lunch break, but I still end up with no break on Wednesdays and Thursdays. So, since I want to eat at a consistent time, are we allowed food inside the lecture halls/rooms? Or will I have to wolf it down in the 10 minute gap between classes?
Old 08-09-2007 at 10:47 AM   #272
nuttynatz

Liked: 2 Times

we have to register for labs and tutorials? :S
I only have a tutorial of Bio 1AO3 and 1AA3...howcome i dont have tutorials for my other courses?

if you have a lab scheduled on the first day of classes, which is on the thursday of welcome week...do you have to go? or do u go the next week since its EOW?
Old 08-09-2007 at 10:52 AM   #273
lucc

ARose, you are allowed food in the lecture halls but don't bring anything that has to be eaten "loudly", ie. chips, cookies, bagels, etc. I brought a bagel in once and everyone was looking at me because I was making too much noise (even though I was trying to be as quiet as possible). Your best bet is to bring something simple like fruit if you really need to eat. But try and stick to eating outside the lecture, you never know who's allergic to what you're eating.

And the best thing I've been able to do to balance my schedule is to move around my tutorials. Those can be the difference between a horribly busy day and a nicely balanced week. Most classes offer many different tutorial times so if you're not happy with the one you've got, chances are you'll be able to improve it.

I'm living off-campus this year so the main challenge for me was to try and get my schedule pretty balanced, as well as trying to get each day's classes grouped closely together so that I wouldn't have to make multiple trips between my house and campus each day. It worked out pretty well, so believe me, if you do enough planning and think about things before you enter them into SOLAR, you can create a great schedule with no conflicts all by yourself.
Old 08-09-2007 at 11:18 AM   #274
baluscta

soo lets say i have a conflict and i want to change a course do i just sign back onto solar and chage it there??
Old 08-09-2007 at 11:32 AM   #275
naimaa

Liked: 6 Times

you now how we have a lab every other week....does that mean we have to write out a lab every other week? are all of them for marks?
Old 08-09-2007 at 11:41 AM   #276
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

nuttynatz, for the labs that are EOW, you get to chose which week you want to go to them so you can choose if you want to start going the first week (aka welcome week) or the week after that.
Old 08-09-2007 at 11:42 AM   #277
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

That's what I've come to understand anyways.
Old 08-09-2007 at 03:03 PM   #278
cynn

uhhh..this may sound really dumb but are there classes during frosh week?...also referring to the classes first full week thing...thats means the classes starts on the 2nd week right?
Old 08-09-2007 at 03:48 PM   #279
bauhaual

For the fisrt week of classes, you won't go to any Labs or Tutorials until you go to the actual class for those subjects. So say on Thurdsay the 6th you have a Bio lab at 9:30 am on your timetable, you don't actually have to go to the lab because you haven't gone to the class yet. Labs and tutorials dont usually start until later. Atleast thats how it was last year. And make sure you do go to that first class, because that's when the profs will tell you when to start attending labs and tutorials.
Old 08-09-2007 at 03:48 PM   #280
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

No, classes start on Thursday September 6th. They continue the next day as well.

The first full week of classes commences on the 11th.

And yes, bauhaul is correct: there are no labs and tutorials until you have had at least one class; which is usually the second full week of classes; although it may depend.
Old 08-09-2007 at 11:53 PM   #281
Lauren84

how do we know which are labs and which are tutorials, and which are just classes?
Old 08-10-2007 at 12:00 AM   #282
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

L = lab
T = tutorial
C = core, which is lecture.
Old 08-10-2007 at 12:41 AM   #283
Darren W

I just logged onto SOLAR to change my time table around, and since SOLAR has been reopened for a few days now the course lecture time I wanted to change into is full. I anticipate people might still be changing courses around, and a spot may open in the course lecture time that I want sometime soon. Should I keep checking on SOLAR or is there a way to reserve a spot or something? What should I do to have the best chance at getting into the currently filled course?
Old 08-10-2007 at 07:16 AM   #284
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

If your course is an elective, you have to keep checking back and hope you get yourself a spot. However, if you course is required for your degree or for you to advance to level 2 you can call your faculty and explain that you need to be taking a course and they can open it up for you.
Old 08-10-2007 at 08:55 AM   #285
Darren W

It is a required course, but it's just a different "core" class that I want. I want to change from C07 to C06. Is there something I should do to try and make this change possible? Or just keep trying on SOLAR?