MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Pay919 Academics 830 08-23-2009 02:24 AM
Solar stefan_toron First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-16-2009 10:53 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

ugh. SOLAR. *stab*

Old 06-29-2009 at 12:21 AM   #391
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan23 View Post
Looks like I took an unknown interest in Anthropology!

EDIT: If i chose my courses but don't do my payment agreement for another 2 days, will that jeopardize any of the courses i've chosen?
If you don't mind me asking, which electives?
I'm desperately trying to avoid Anthropology because it's later in the day and I don't want to commute one hour in the biting frost and dark.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-29-2009 at 12:40 AM   #392
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

for payment agreement, how come Mcmaster scholarship box is blocked? and since osap is still pending, do i still check that off?
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:41 AM   #393
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpro1123 View Post
for payment agreement, how come Mcmaster scholarship box is blocked? and since osap is still pending, do i still check that off?
Can you check off the OSAP box? Even if you can you'll most likely have to re-confirm once you get your statement.

McMaster might not have given out the scholarships yet.
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:43 AM   #394
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Just tentatively accept your payment agreement as is, and when OSAP and the McMaster Scholarship become available, go back in and check them off and re-accept your payment agreement.
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:43 AM   #395
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I’m expecting a scholarship but the system won’t let me use this option.
You must received confirmation from Student Financial Aid and Scholarships office before you can use this option. The amount will be credited to your student account and then you can use this option. If, after having received confirmation, you are still having difficulty, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships to verify your scholarship status.

From the Payment Agreement FAQ's.
I put down the scholarship amount that I was receiving on OSAP...because I graduated in January and my marks wouldn't change from the time of the offer of admission...so I hope that comes through.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-29-2009 at 12:44 AM   #396
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

The scholarship option usually becomes available by August.
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:49 AM   #397
smashpro1123

so i just click the osap box for now and the payment option thing and confirm it? and later on re-confirm once evrything is there.
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:51 AM   #398
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
so i just click the osap box for now and the payment option thing and confirm it? and later on re-confirm once evrything is there.
Yep, you can re-confirm as much as you want. If ever something changes, like you receive a scholarship before school starts then you can re-confirm your payment agreement.

smashpro1123 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:53 AM   #399
smashpro1123

thanks so much and when is the last date for the payment agreeent?
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:57 AM   #400
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
thanks so much and when is the last date for the payment agreeent?
I don't know, but you should confirm ASAP. Like I said re-confirming is not an issue, but you want to be registered with the university and to be registered means confirmation of the payment agreement.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:01 AM   #401
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

help me out
hey,
maybe i am going wrong somewhere or i have some misunderstanding but i am freaking out right now. so please help me...
the reason is that i spent hours to get the perfect timetable(perfect timings and good profs.) before solar opened up and when I logged on to SOLAR and chose my courses...i wasn't able to choose the labs or the tutorials or the core I wanted!!tht part was completely blank!! and it was only for ECON tht the core detail came and for nothing else!!
is tht how it generally happens or did it just happened to me? PLEASE HELP!!!
thanks in advance!!
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:03 AM   #402
kanishka
winning

i was registering for 1st year Engineering courses by the way...
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:05 AM   #403
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by goelk View Post
hey,
maybe i am going wrong somewhere or i have some misunderstanding but i am freaking out right now. so please help me...
the reason is that i spent hours to get the perfect timetable(perfect timings and good profs.) before solar opened up and when I logged on to SOLAR and chose my courses...i wasn't able to choose the labs or the tutorials or the core I wanted!!tht part was completely blank!! and it was only for ECON tht the core detail came and for nothing else!!
is tht how it generally happens or did it just happened to me? PLEASE HELP!!!
thanks in advance!!
It's like that. Mostly because some people may only be able to take 1 core because of their schedule. Other people may have a selection between 2 or more cores. So if everyone chooses 1 core some people may not be able to take the course, which is totally unfair. It's McMaster's way of putting as many people in as little classes as possible.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:05 AM   #404
kanishka
winning

basically I want to know how to pick my section thru SOLAR?which i wasn't able to do initially...
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:11 AM   #405
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by goelk View Post
basically I want to know how to pick my section thru SOLAR?which i wasn't able to do initially...
You'll receive your Schedule on August 11. If you want to change your schedule around you can log back onto SOLAR August 13 (when it re-opens) and change your sections. HOWEVER, some sections may be full. Don't let it discourage you, keep on trying as people are always switching sections.