MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
University Logo Discussion temara.brown General Discussion 26 08-05-2009 01:18 PM
1280's New Logo Discussion Gets Heated Chad MacInsiders Announcements 34 08-02-2009 01:21 PM
1280's New Logo Revealed Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-30-2009 02:24 PM
Welcome Week 2008 Logo Revealed Chad MacInsiders Announcements 9 05-16-2008 08:17 AM
Welcome Week Logo Contest! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 05-14-2008 09:38 AM

1280's New logo

Old 07-31-2009
finklej
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-31-2009
jhan523
Old 07-31-2009
niteskie
Old 07-31-2009
zango
Old 07-31-2009
Nino
Old 07-31-2009
Nino
Old 07-31-2009
fullsmash26
Old 07-31-2009
Nino
Old 07-31-2009
finklej
Old 07-31-2009 at 02:21 PM   #196
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times

To all members of the faculty of engineering:

I was the only EB member who voted against the new logo. I offered constructive criticism which fell on deaf ears. I was outvoted 8-0-1... Myself being the only abstention because I felt as though all the logos needed improvement.

Consult your SRA members and voice your opinions. It's your McMaster Students Union, make sure they remember that.

Chad, DavidR, deadpool, huzaifa47, micadjems, Nino, Taunton all say thanks to Matt Wright for this post.

Old 07-31-2009 at 02:25 PM   #197
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post

I was the only EB member who voted against the new logo. I offered constructive criticism which fell on deaf ears. I was outvoted 8-0-1... Myself being the only abstention because I felt as though all the logos needed improvement.

Consult your SRA members and voice your opinions. It's your McMaster Students Union, make sure they remember that.
If only we had a working group consisting of you, Quarters GM, VP Finance, and business manager making the decisions...

Matt Wright says thanks to deadpool for this post.
Old 07-31-2009 at 02:34 PM   #198
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:

Thanks for trying!

Matt Wright says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 07-31-2009 at 03:44 PM   #199
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:

Lol actually I had predicted the exact same voting pattern to another SRA(Non-EB) member on facebook chat last night with you being the devils advocate as you promised in your EB election!

I do actually have a theory as to why it happened but I'll keep that to myself

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Matt Wright says thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.
Old 07-31-2009 at 03:55 PM   #200
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:

...You didn't vote against it, you abstained essentially removing yourself from the process and saying you have no opinion.

The opinion you stated warrants a vote against the motion.

I don't want to start a whole thing about this, but saying you voted against something when you abstained is incorrect.

I really hate when people abstain. There are very very few reasons to abstain in most votes to do with student government.
Old 07-31-2009 at 04:02 PM   #201
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:callen:. View Post
...You didn't vote against it, you abstained essentially removing yourself from the process and saying you have no opinion.

The opinion you stated warrants a vote against the motion.

I don't want to start a whole thing about this, but saying you voted against something when you abstained is incorrect.

I really hate when people abstain. There are very very few reasons to abstain in most votes to do with student government.
The vote was actually 8-1-0.

Matt just tallied it wrong and in fact, did oppose the motion.

.:callen:. says thanks to casey.park for this post.