MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
University Logo Discussion temara.brown General Discussion 26 08-05-2009 01:18 PM
1280's New Logo Discussion Gets Heated Chad MacInsiders Announcements 34 08-02-2009 01:21 PM
1280's New Logo Revealed Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-30-2009 02:24 PM
Welcome Week 2008 Logo Revealed Chad MacInsiders Announcements 9 05-16-2008 08:17 AM
Welcome Week Logo Contest! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 05-14-2008 09:38 AM

1280's New logo

Old 07-31-2009 at 10:57 AM   #136
Ian Finlay

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsmash26 View Post
Ian Finlay can answer that question since he was the Vice-President Finance who proposed the whole idea of throwing more money at the Quarters problem.

He should have created the plan for this venture.

Here's waiting for an answer.........
Hey Joey that is quite unfair of you. Your tone is not a constructive one but very negative.

Anyways, it was not only my idea to "throw money" at what you call the "quarters problem." Being the VP Finance I had to budget for what was important to people and allow as many opportunities as possible. This year they did not need to follow through but we allowed for them to have the opportunity to. We also created a marketing and promotions coordinator. This position should have been filled a while ago to work on this plan.

I merely presented opportunities.
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:57 AM   #137
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by finklej View Post
The MSU website has a forum, but no one uses it. No one had to because MI was an offical MSU club. But I know thats its going to be updated and be used to make offical annoucments and stuff now.
There's a forum????
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:57 AM   #138
finklej
Vice President Education

Liked: 42 Times

I dont know when it was established, but here is it ...
http://php.orbiscommunicatio ns.com/mcmasterforum/
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:59 AM   #139
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
I dont know when it was established, but here is it ...
http://php.orbiscommunicatio ns.com/mcmasterforum/
Oh, it's not hosted on the MSU site.
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:59 AM   #140
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Quote:
The MSU website has a forum, but no one uses it. No one had to because MI was an offical MSU club. But I know thats its going to be updated and be used to make offical annoucments and stuff now.
Even if it were still an MSU club, it would probably get this same treatment. I kind of remember last year...

Macinsiders is a great resource for discussion, information, and even just random funnies. No where else on campus are so many students from all ends of involvement, or a lack thereof, all gathered together! You've got people from faculty groups, residence groups, clubs, msu represetnatives, university administrators, and even people who might not have even been able to step foot at mac yet!
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:00 AM   #141
finklej
Vice President Education

Oh I agree, I love MI.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:02 AM   #142
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Finlay View Post
This position should have been filled a while ago to work on this plan.
Apparently, they're still hiring.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:03 AM   #143
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Quote:
MacInsiders had approached the MSU and had talks with McGowan as well as Pauline, the website administrator, about integrating MacInsiders to be an extension of the MSU website, or working a way to better incorporate discussion boards and 'community' features into the new MSU website. It was made clear to Danielle and myself that the MSU would never support an official msu-hosted open discussion environment.

Now it appears one has been silently launched, and the first posts come from Pauline made a month ago. So to say that the MSU has a forum as if it's been in existence all this time but people have used MacInsiders instead since it used to be an MSU club is greatly misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
Oh, it's not hosted on the MSU site.
Orbis is the system that the new MSU website runs on, and thus it is an official MSU forum.

temara.brown says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:12 AM   #144
finklej
Vice President Education

@Chad: if you read my post after that I mentioned that I did not know when the forum was established, but only that they have one.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:20 AM   #145
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Hey Joey that is quite unfair of you. Your tone is not a constructive one but very negative.

Anyways, it was not only my idea to "throw money" at what you call the "quarters problem." Being the VP Finance I had to budget for what was important to people and allow as many opportunities as possible. This year they did not need to follow through but we allowed for them to have the opportunity to. We also created a marketing and promotions coordinator. This position should have been filled a while ago to work on this plan.

I merely presented opportunities.
You miss the point, you're supposed to have a plan before you start spending money. Considering the substantive pay increase you received last year, I would have expected you to create this plan before deciding to spend money.

You were the VP Finance, this was your responsibility. Not, let's spend the money and then find someone to figure out how we should've spent it in the first place.

Why is it that the MSU politicians were able to quickly pass their own pay increases, give themselves all kinds of fancy new titles, but can't seem to figure out which commissioner/vice-president/president/Grand Poobah of the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes/caucus chair/house leader is responsible for anything?

You gave yourselves massive pay increases last year promising that more money in your pockets would result in you actually doing your jobs, so what happened?

Why isn't there anything substantive to show? Where's the plan?

My tone is negative? No, it is not negative. It is critical, there is a difference.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:22 AM   #146
DannyV
Elite Member

Alright back on track everyone.

So how bout that twelvEighty logo.

Ian Finlay says thanks to DannyV for this post.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:23 AM   #147
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

I still don't see how the attitude of MacInsiders is apathetic, negative, and clique-ish.

Ultimately, I'm glad we're being heard by the EB and they might edit the logo.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:27 AM   #148
Ian Finlay

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsmash26 View Post
You miss the point, you're supposed to have a plan before you start spending money. Considering the substantive pay increase you received last year, I would have expected you to create this plan before deciding to spend money.

You were the VP Finance, this was your responsibility. Not, let's spend the money and then find someone to figure out how we should've spent it in the first place.

Why is it that the MSU politicians were able to quickly pass their own pay increases, give themselves all kinds of fancy new titles, but can't seem to figure out which commissioner/vice-president/president/Grand Poobah of the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes/caucus chair/house leader is responsible for anything?

You gave yourselves massive pay increases last year promising that more money in your pockets would result in you actually doing your jobs, so what happened?

Why isn't there anything substantive to show? Where's the plan?

My tone is negative? No, it is not negative. It is critical, there is a difference.
I do believe I spent no money ont his renovation. I had it allocated. There is a huge difference you do not seem to understand. I personally did not give myself a pay increase, the SRA brought it to the floor and passed it, as you may note if you werent too busy trying to manipulate the story for your own benefit the full side of the BoD did not participate in the vote and noted they removed themselves from the discussion.

Nothing substantive to show? why not look at the hundreds of other things that have been done, rather than say "this wasnt done right, so nothing was done". Being critical looks at facts, not manipulated half truths.

On another note, word on the street is they changed the "Collegiate E" back to the same font as the rest. This would at least make the logo look better. Any opinions on how the logo would look if it had a regular E?
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:29 AM   #149
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
On another note, word on the street is they changed the "Collegiate E" back to the same font as the rest. This would at least make the logo look better. Any opinions on how the logo would look if it had a regular E?
Something like:

twelvEighty
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:31 AM   #150
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

Where's the plan?

You're supposed to have a plan before you allocate money. Otherwise, how do you know how much money to allocate?

True, you didn't vote for your own pay raise. You did move a pay raise for the person who moved your pay raise however. So, the MSU politicians gave each other pay raises. I should have been more careful about splitting hairs.

Again Mr. Finlay, where is your plan?