MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Move-in Day! Didi.a.g First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2010 12:55 PM
Dec. Move-out Day hellonewyork First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 12-01-2009 04:53 PM
Move-in day mandee08 Residence & Housing 23 08-19-2008 03:38 PM
Move-In lorend Residence & Housing 57 09-04-2007 12:40 AM

What's Move In Like?

Old 08-24-2010 at 05:40 PM   #31
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganB214 View Post
Off Campus? How will we move all of our things then?
I know theres reps that move your stuff into your building, but do we just walk the rest of our stuff over?
If you reread my post, I said that you'll be directed to parking after all of your stuff is unloaded.

Edit: If memory serves correctly, they may also use an on-campus parking lot near ABB (I don't remember what letter that one is).
Old 08-24-2010 at 05:47 PM   #32
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
If you reread my post, I said that you'll be directed to parking after all of your stuff is unloaded.

Edit: If memory serves correctly, they may also use an on-campus parking lot near ABB (I don't remember what letter that one is).
Yeah, literally, they will just direct you to any available parking. If there's an available parking lot closer than lot M then they shall direct you there. I remember being surprised at how fast my parents returned...
Old 08-24-2010 at 06:33 PM   #33
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivLucy View Post
And where do we get our keys from? I am in Les Prince.
There will be booths around. For you, probably at Commons, or Centro or w/e the hell its called now.

revenant says thanks to dmzz for this post.
Old 08-24-2010 at 07:05 PM   #34
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Move-in may seem stressful and intimidating, especially because you don't know EXACTLY how it's going to go.. but there are so many helpful, friendly, slightly insane people EVERYWHERE helping you, and telling you where to go, there's no needed to worry!

Label your stuff, bring a passport picture and government ID, try to stay calm and remember to enjoy the excitement: it's a day you're going to remember (good or bad....but hopefully good).
Old 08-24-2010 at 08:06 PM   #35
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

I never lived on campus, but from what I've heard from friends (if you're in engineering), it's basically like this:

Your parents pull up to one of the residences as you sit nervous in the back seat. Suddenly from afar, a red-suit notices the red fireball paper thing in your car window, which indicates you're an engineer. Then out of no where, approximate 9000 red-suits run up and start dancing around your car singing songs and banging on your windows as you lay curled up in a fetal position wishing it would stop.

They then drag you out of your vehicle and carry you away as you thrash about in terror, while everyone else lulz.

Sounds like some serious business.

DarthFuzzy says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.

Old 08-24-2010 at 09:01 PM   #36
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Welcome week is incredibly overrated, unless you're socially retarded you should be able to make friends with or without it. Its not as big of a deal as most people make it out to be.
Old 08-24-2010 at 09:09 PM   #37
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
Welcome week is incredibly overrated, unless you're socially retarded you should be able to make friends with or without it. Its not as big of a deal as most people make it out to be.
I agree, it's a different experience that's worth having but you shouldn't expect to make all your friends during that week. In fact, I don't remember anyone I met during welcome week and I made all of my friends after it. It's just something that can be fun.
Old 08-24-2010 at 09:10 PM   #38
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

I met some of my best friends during WW (and both my housemates)...I guess it depends on the person. I really enjoyed WW.
Old 08-24-2010 at 10:45 PM   #39
BuzzZero

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
Well it's really just about having fun. I agree that it's a bit overrated, but that just makes ppl buy a macpass and go to WW, which most ppl find to be a good experience.
Old 08-24-2010 at 11:37 PM   #40
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

lol do we have like a floor party or something on the first day? or are we free to throw our own aha
Old 08-25-2010 at 12:26 AM   #41
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 201 Times

When i was in first year our ca's had us meet our floor and then we hung out after. To be honest my floor had maybe 50 people and that night I met around ten people who are still my friends today and even lived with. As for welcome week, yes it is over rated and the cheering sure is loud but...

Give it a shot, because Welcome Week can be a great way to meet the people you are going to spend the next 4-5 years with.
Old 08-25-2010
Zuchowski
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:07 AM   #42
LivLucy

Liked: 0 Times

When we unpack our stuff from the car in front of our residence building do we stay with our stuff while our parents park the car?
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:31 AM   #43
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivLucy View Post
When we unpack our stuff from the car in front of our residence building do we stay with our stuff while our parents park the car?
You go and pick up your keys and macpass. Plus, you won't be unpacking your car since the reps will be doing that for you.
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:36 AM   #44
Dkites

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnersdrown View Post
I'm a little more positive about it but trust me, the added attention and knowing how my mom gets won't be a good thing.
Ah well, I have no choice in the matter so might as well try and roll with it.
I will be sure to stare and judge you for the duration of your move in, as well as make fun of you about your mother. It makes me feel better about myself...... Just kidding, just chill out lol