MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Move-in Day! Didi.a.g First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2010 12:55 PM
Dec. Move-out Day hellonewyork First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 12-01-2009 04:53 PM
Move-in day mandee08 Residence & Housing 23 08-19-2008 03:38 PM
Move-In lorend Residence & Housing 57 09-04-2007 12:40 AM

What's Move In Like?

Old 08-29-2010 at 03:37 AM   #46
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

can friends come along and help us move in ?
Old 08-29-2010 at 09:52 AM   #47
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.p92 View Post
can friends come along and help us move in ?
Yes, but you're not allowed overnight guests during WW.

However, try and keep the ppl who come with you to a minimum. The larger your entourage, the less space you will have in your room (especially if you have a roommate with a large entourage). Because so many people are moving in, the hallways get crowded...

Aaaand you have to take the stairs because the elevator is full of people's boxes...something else to keep in mind.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-29-2010 at 10:16 AM   #48
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Aaaand you have to take the stairs because the elevator is full of people's boxes...something else to keep in mind.
unless you live in matthews where there is no elevators...
Old 08-29-2010 at 11:18 AM   #49
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
unless you live in matthews where there is no elevators...
I'm sooo glad I wasn't a Matty WWR...haha

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-29-2010 at 01:44 PM   #50
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

I guess I should be thankful that I'm on the first floor in hedden haha
mduchnik
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-29-2010 at 03:05 PM   #51
mduchnik

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivLucy View Post
I clicked on the link but I am not sure where the info for move-in is. :s
there is a website on that page
but here it is anyways
http://socyberty.com/education/simpl...r-first-years/

enjoy!
Old 08-29-2010 at 04:14 PM   #52
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

LOL i'm kinda excited
Old 08-29-2010 at 04:27 PM   #53
haikalme

Liked: 0 Times

haha well the welcome week reps sing to you on your way from the car to the building and they basically carry everything in for you

your parents can come hep move in things and the reps make moving in a very nice transition i found

you shouldnt have a problem fitting a suitcase in a les price rooms, but the more space you have the better, if its not necessary to keep it there, just bring it over again when you move out in april!
Old 08-29-2010 at 04:59 PM   #54
Agni

Liked: 5 Times

i'm curious to noe if it wud be a gud idea to bring ur fridge wid u wen u move in or wait a cpl weeks nd move it in urself
Old 08-29-2010 at 05:02 PM   #55
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agni View Post
i'm curious to noe if it wud be a gud idea to bring ur fridge wid u wen u move in or wait a cpl weeks nd move it in urself
It doesn't matter...if you bring it at move-in, you'll have it immediately and the reps will move it up for you

Agni says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 08-29-2010 at 05:02 PM   #56
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agni View Post
You might as well bring it on move-in day. The reps will bring it up so you don't have to do any work except move it into your room.

Edit: Plus it takes some time for your fridge to get cold depending on how you transport it and how much movement there is during transportation.

Agni says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-29-2010 at 07:15 PM   #57
Agni

Liked: 5 Times

ye i wuz mostly concerned if I wud be bringing too much if i tagged the fridge along lol
thx guyzz
Old 08-29-2010 at 07:42 PM   #58
msms

Liked: 6 Times

is it alright if we bring more than one car..because i wont be going home for a couple of months, so i'm bringing stuff in my dad's car and my uncle's..is it gonna be weird that the reps will jump in front of my uncle's car and chant stuff and find no kid inside :\
Old 08-29-2010 at 08:17 PM   #59
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by msms View Post
is it alright if we bring more than one car..because i wont be going home for a couple of months, so i'm bringing stuff in my dad's car and my uncle's..is it gonna be weird that the reps will jump in front of my uncle's car and chant stuff and find no kid inside :\
2 cars? How much stuff are you bringing o.O